Thread: intro!

All-New Member

Default intro!

hey everyone. i'm a new comic artist and i'd like to start putting my stuff online, i was wondering if there are any web comics out there who could offer me with some advice on starting that up? i've never done it before thankyouu

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TEE BRYCE View Post
    hey everyone. i'm a new comic artist and i'd like to start putting my stuff online, i was wondering if there are any web comics out there who could offer me with some advice on starting that up? i've never done it before thankyouu
    I'm using Tapastic currently...I think that's a great site, really easy to use, lots of users and financial support if you qualify for it.

All-New Member

Sweet this look amazing! I didn't even think of looking into platforms for webcomics.. I didn't know such things existed! Is there anything else like this out there? You said you can get financial support - I'm gussing that's if you become really popular right? I was looking at this wordpress easle thing too, which I wasn't convinced about, and I was also wondering if it's be easier to just buy a domain name and do it that way, i've been looking at these guys - if anyone knows about this I'd appreciate some advice there. I guess it comes down to how professional - or independent, I want it to look, it's difficult becuase on the one hand you get the exposure from a site like Tapastic, but then you've also got a lot of other competition and if I want to show my work to someone like a grants body or for a job then it's probably not a good idea to have send them a link to hundreds of other illustrators.. bah, idk. But that's awesome, I'm definitely going to do more research into network platforms.

All-New Member

Yeah I guess it's all what you're in for and yeah Tapastic's support model will (hopefully soon) be part ad revenue based like Youtube and part supporter based, but that's getting your comic popular enough. I love the look of the site, people can sign in from facebook in a flash, and it's just great for someone lazy like me to upload haha. I have about 300 views and I'm just uploading junk sketches and not advertising right now, so there's promise, and people are going there to read webcomics so you have that advantage rather than hoping they find your site on google, but you're other points are dead on as well to think about.