Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Here we go!

Askin is kinda wonderful.

"I don't want to fight! I just want to kill you. Please don't fight me, I'll lose."

Some interesting tid bits revealed as well. The surviving Stern Ritters can't activate their vollständig, which means that Bazz-B has some serious balls to take on Haschwalth any way.

And apparently Haschwalth and Yhwach switch powers during the night. I wonder just what Haschwalth is to Yhwach.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Ooh, looking forward to Bazz-B's story now.

RIP Hisagi

I guess Kenpachi's out for the arc unless Mayuri turns him into a meat puppet like Hitsugaya.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    RIP Hisagi

I guess Kenpachi's out for the arc unless Mayuri turns him into a meat puppet like Hitsugaya.
    We don't know if Hisagi's dead or not to be fair, though I would be very surprised if he did get up. You know, people joke about Renji and Chad losing all their fights but Hisagi has a similar level of hype and he's track record is as of this arc way worse.

I doubt that this is the last we'll see of Kenpachi this arc. Heck, I'd be surprised if he stays out of it for this fight, also I'd be really annoyed if Mayuri could defeat an opponent that was part of the force that took down four members of 0 squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I doubt that this is the last we'll see of Kenpachi this arc. Heck, I'd be surprised if he stays out of it for this fight,
    He's out three limbs with no Orihime around, but I suppose he could bite Pernida's kneecaps off, if they have any.

Oh wait, didn't Mayuri have a limb-regenerating injection? But I forget whether that only works on himself.

also I'd be really annoyed if Mayuri could defeat an opponent that was part of the force that took down four members of 0 squad.
    The fight's going too easy for him so far, but I bet he'll win in the end. Mayuri probably wouldn't die even if he were crumpled into a meatball.

So what are the odds of any of the zombies being restored. Kubo said Rangiku's past was key to this story but other than finding out she knew Ichigo's father nothing much has happened.

Extraordinary Member

He's out three limbs with no Orihime around, but I suppose he could bite Pernida's kneecaps off, if they have any.

Oh wait, didn't Mayuri have a limb-regenerating injection? But I forget whether that only works on himself.
    Kenpachi will fight standing on his stumps! Or he'll throw his shikai at Pernida.

I'm pretty sure it only works on Mayuri.
    The fight's going too easy for him so far, but I bet he'll win in the end. Mayuri probably wouldn't die even if he were crumpled into a meatball.
    Oh, Mayuri transforms into his liquid state and fuses with Kenpachi to create a horrible abomination of a captain!

Extraordinary Member

Huh.

I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting for Pernida to have that form. For that reason.

Mayuri is, as always, a horrible troll. But he's so amusing when he's trolling that I can't hate him for it.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So Soul Society always had a contract with one of the Soul King's arms via Ukitake, but Jehova-Quincy always had a contract with the Soul King's other arm via Pernida?

The stage is set for the Sou King's background to be *really* fucked up.

Or is this a more recent result of the Quincies destroying the Soul King? A bunch of gunk came out of the Soul King, but if I recall correctly the elite Quincy all avoided it didn't they? It'd be weird if Juhabach divided a bunch of body parts among his elites just before the battle.

So there is a new Bleach fanbook out apparently.

In it, there is a little chapter taking place between the first and second invasions where Hisagi is mourning several of his friends who died in the first battles, and we are shown Mayuri keeping Kira alive in his lab somewhere.

So I guess that means Kira is alive, although I'm not sure if he'll be relevant at all other than to show up in the epilogue and be like "great to be alive!"

Also, Shaz Domino is a V epithet. Which would make him another of Gremmy's creations. That's an annoying plot hole taken care of I guess.

Chapter 638:

Well this is a really strange battle so far. Didn't see Pernida being able to nerve control the ground and walls. He's so weird that Mayuri keeps getting surprised.

If Pernida has a Volstandig beyond this, he could be trouble.
    Last edited by Robotech Master; 08-05-2015 at 10:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Also, Shaz Domino is a V epithet. Which would make him another of Gremmy's creations. That's an annoying plot hole taken care of I guess.
    Huh. ...why not.

Is this information as legit as the stuff about Kenpachi being a nigh unbeatable monster on par with Aizen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Well this is a really strange battle so far. Didn't see Pernida being able to nerve control the ground and walls. He's so weird that Mayuri keeps getting surprised.

If Pernida has a Volstandig beyond this, he could be trouble.
    I'm really enjoying the weirdness of the fight. Mayuri is doing better than I thought he would, and he's still got bankai to go for, thought his dead baby caterpillar might be a bad match up against Pernida's ability.

Explosions triggered armor. I wonder how many subordinates died testing that for him?

Extraordinary Member

Mayuri and Nemu's relationship is... weird but functional. Somehow. It's kinda sweet in a way. And it's nice to see how the events of the series have impacted them without it being overstated.

Pernida just gets weirder and weirder, of course the giant ass hand can fire arrows. It's connection to the Soul King while still being quincy is weird though. Looking forward to seeing that explored.

Extraordinary Member

Gotta hand it to Kubo, after looking weird and silly for its first few chapters Pernida is now actually quite intimidating and impressive.

It's rare to see Mayuri this pressured. I'm looking forward to whatever it is that Nemu's going to do.

Pernida sets a pretty high bar for the other elite quincies to match. I'm glad he seems particularly tough, given that regular Sternritter have been depicted as Captain Level or greater and these guys are supposed to be at the top.

Also, Mayuri and Kenpachi were the absolute last duo Soul Society wanted to encounter the evolving quincy.

Extraordinary Member

Part of me doesn't want Nemu to die since I kinda really like her, she's funny.

But part of me thinks that she should die in order for this arc to have some serious consequences.

Either way, hopefully the fight will be settled in the next chapter.