Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    She seemed to be under the impression that he'd like it for non sexual reasons though, just taking Urahara's words literally with no context. It was clear later that she was worried about him thinking of her as a pervert or something...although there are usually double standards such that a woman wouldn't have to worry about men thinking she has a pervy side.
    In short, Urahara used Orihime's desire to see Ichigo happy and her innocence, which is potent enough to make her completely miss out that her new clothes are really... revealing, to create an awkwar situation because... he really is an *******.
    Well, he's not defending against Yumichika's claims, and he just used a male pronoun in Japanese, so it's not looking good...
    ...poopy. Oh well, at least we've still got Meninas and Candice. Lili creeps me the **** out.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Oh Bleach humor, how I've missed you! The last few chapters have been refreshing.

Ikkaku and Yumichika were doing surprisingly well against Bambi, although she probably wasn't trying very hard to defend.

Mayuri's radiant arrival reflexively triggered Blumenkranz in my head

Extraordinary Member

Giselle is really creepy. I mean, (s)he was funny/scary before but now... just creepy.

I love Mayuri's dialogue in this chapter. He is so damn good with the casual putdowns and general dickishness.

Nice little surprise at the end. It'll be fun to see how these guys are used.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Giselle is really creepy. I mean, (s)he was funny/scary before but now... just creepy.

I love Mayuri's dialogue in this chapter. He is so damn good with the casual putdowns and general dickishness.

Nice little surprise at the end. It'll be fun to see how these guys are used.
    Out of all the arrancar I expected to appear again, I would have never guessed Coolhorn, Dordoni, Cirucci, and Luppi.

The latter 3 probably answer the dangling plot thread about the unidentified bodies Mayuri found in Szayel's storage lab.

This opens up some big possibilities though; if Mayuri can frankenstein these people, shouldn't Kira and Gin be chief candidates as well?

Extraordinary Member

This opens up some big possibilities though; if Mayuri can frankenstein these people, shouldn't Kira and Gin be chief candidates as well?
    3rd division mook: Captain Kurotsuchi! You have to help vice captain Kira! He got half his torso blown off!

Mayuri: Why should I bother with that? I know what shinigami look like on the inside. Dumbass.

Actually, why wasn't Kira taken to the spirit palace? Dude was way more fucked up than Renji.

EDIT: Also, you're not thinking big enough. We could get Starrk back this way.

3rd division mook: Captain Kurotsuchi! You have to help vice captain Kira! He got half his torso blown off!

Mayuri: Why should I bother with that? I know what shinigami look like on the inside. Dumbass.
    The funny part is this is completely plausible.

Actually, why wasn't Kira taken to the spirit palace? Dude was way more fucked up than Renji.
    He's not a main character.

The whole thing was arbitrary.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Maybe he died too quickly. I don't know if he was more fucked up than Byakuya though.

Extraordinary Member

That was quite a surprise ending. And while the dark skin and cute little Vandenreich uniform makes it slightly more uncertain I feel that it's pretty safe to say that this is reverseible. Probably not for Bambietta though since she needed to be killed, and kinda nerfed.

Mayuri is an absolute delight of dickishness.

Ruh-roh.

Did Bambi get depowered as a zombie? She is not performing well at all, even with Vollstandig active.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Ruh-roh.

Did Bambi get depowered as a zombie? She is not performing well at all, even with Vollstandig active.
    Yep. She got completely worfed this chapter.

Bambietta is, at the very least, captain level and then some. Since every Sternritter who has not been a total joke has actually been above the captains. The only reason she lost was because Komomura went all immortal.

She should have completely steamrolled the arrancar.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Ruh-roh.

She's totally nerfed. Maybe not so much in terms of power but definately in the brain.

She's rushing towards her opponents when she has the range advantage and she's gotten really crappy at dodging. I mean, Charlotte is strong and all but Bambi could fight captain level opponents before her zombification.

I'm betting Mayuri improved all of the resurrected Arrancar somehow. Most of them are Privaron Espada or a crappy Espada replacement that Grimmjow could one shot, so they'd have to receive some modifications to be relevant at this point.

Still though, Gigi is clearly playing Bambi quite stupidly. No defense, sloppy offense and reactions, bad movements, too much rushing in etc. Power probably isn't nerfed too much, since she did mostly floor Yumi and Ikkaku when she actually caught them with a blast. I bet Zombie Hitsugaya, despite retaining most if not all of his power, will be controlled equally sloppy and they'll be able to beat him for the same reason.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter.

Mayuri and Giselle are both horrible people.

Zombi-shiro is a better zombie than Zombietta, Giselle probably made Zombietta into a pathetic shadow of herself to be cruel.

It'll be fun to see where this match-up goes.

New chapter.

Mayuri and Giselle are both horrible people.

Zombi-shiro is a better zombie than Zombietta, Giselle probably made Zombietta into a pathetic shadow of herself to be cruel.
    They actually talked about this in the chapter. Mayuri deduced that Shiro was zombified while still alive because of how much better he was than Bambietta, then Giselle said that someone she zombifies while still alive has fresh cells and this makes them faster and with better reflexes than a dead zombie.

So while Bambietta isn't quite a Romero-esque zombie, she does seem to suffer some amount of classical sluggishness, while with Shiro it appears to be more along the lines of mind-controlled drone.

lol at Mayuri asking what's the fun in dominating someone who has no will.

Nemu needs to get in on some action here.

Is Giselle going to wind up with zombified Cang Du or BG9? Those two seemed to be especially wasted without showing a whole lot of their abilities. We don't even know what BG9's 'K' even stood for.

And does Mayuri have more of his own "zombies" to play? If he could successfully take Coolhorn's body from the war zone and ressurect him, why the hell would you *not* bring Stark back? Unless maybe he was worried about being able to control Stark.

Extraordinary Member

I did have a little trouble understanding what Giselle was salong
    Thanks for the clarifying.

Since Mayuri isn't bringing out any other of Barragan's fraccion I'm guessing that he went for the strongest. So he could very well have Starrk in reserve.