Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Fighting Mayuri must be horrible to fight against.

Mayuri: I modded my sword to fight for me even though I'm a bit out of shape. And I've injected you with a drug that screws you over if you kill me. And now I'm going to stab you. FOR SCIENCE!

Mighty Member

I had forgotten how much I used to like Hitsugaya. I think the problem, for me, was that when Hinamori got written out of the story Hitsugaya became sorta bland. he lost what was arguably his primary motivation. it was how he related to Hinamori, Matsumoto, and Aizen that made him so interesting in the earlier stories. it was the fact that he didn't trust Aizen even when everybody else did that made him fun. when everybody saw Aizen for who he truly was Hitsugaya became less compelling. he almost felt like the Fox Mulder of Soul Society in his desperate attempts to prove what most people considered impossible.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Man, Ishida really got off lucky when he fought Mayuri.

Is Hitsugaya going to do the opposite of Rukia, and freeze his brain and nerves to nullify the drugs and zombification? (Insert Kubo face here)

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I had forgotten how much I used to like Hitsugaya. I think the problem, for me, was that when Hinamori got written out of the story Hitsugaya became sorta bland. he lost what was arguably his primary motivation. it was how he related to Hinamori, Matsumoto, and Aizen that made him so interesting in the earlier stories. it was the fact that he didn't trust Aizen even when everybody else did that made him fun. when everybody saw Aizen for who he truly was Hitsugaya became less compelling. he almost felt like the Fox Mulder of Soul Society in his desperate attempts to prove what most people considered impossible.
    Speaking of Hinamori, we still don't know if she and Shinji et al. survived Bazz-B.

Extraordinary Member

I'm strangely ok with Byakuya being able to defeat three stern ritters on his own. What bothers me is that it happened off-screen. Especially with one of them being commisioneer Gordon. I'm hoping that they stand up soon enough.

Pepe is a douche and annoying. Looking forward to him dying.

And there is no way that the privaron espada and Luppi would be able to hold off two captains and a vice-captain for more than a few seconds. Here's to Mayuri needing to bring out Starrk to deal with them.

I'm annoyed with Byakuya.

I mean, Gordon was a big deal. Guy shot out Shunsui's eye!

And the toothed guy's powers have been hinted for a while now, so that's also annoying.

And Candice is hot which is just as good a reason as the previous two.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I figured Byakuya would kick ass because of his earlier humiliation, but jeez. And off screen too?

I could see Candice staying down since she's shown off a lot of what she can do, but Gordon and Nanana shouldn't be staying down. We don't know what their powers are, we don't even know Gordon's letter...hell we call him Gordon cause we don't even know his friggin name yet!

Poor Hisagi, once again his chance to shine is destroyed.

So with Mayuri and his team fighting the Zombies, and Rukia and Renji still fighting Bazz-be, I think Byakuya is the only other guy.

This just confuses me more regarding what Grimmjow and the Sternritters are going to actually do that matters when it seems like SS has things well in hand.

I suppose Byakuya could beat Pepe, only to have Nanana get up and be like "I've had the chance to observe you during that whole fight, so my power of X now makes me broken" or something.

Extraordinary Member

Well, we do have have like five letters without a designated stern ritter so Grimmjow and the people who should quite honestly be in hell, except for maybe Ginjo, will probably have to settle for that. Although I could see Bazz-B beating Renji and Rukia only for Grimmjow to take him on, they seem like a typical Bleach match-up.

Besides the off-screen asswhupping the thing that annoys me the most here is that Pepe is for some random reason using his own team and has them beat up each other. Granted, it makes him seem more sinister and creepy than Zommari, but even Zommari never did anything that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Poor Hisagi, once again his chance to shine is destroyed.
    Yeah, I feel bad for the guy.

I mean, we got that training scene with him then he got off-screened, but then he recovered and now he got taken out again.

That's just sad.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Darn, I forgot Ashisogi-Jizo's paralysis power. Wonder how Hitsugaya's going to turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And there is no way that the privaron espada and Luppi would be able to hold off two captains and a vice-captain for more than a few seconds. Here's to Mayuri needing to bring out Starrk to deal with them.
    Well, the two captains were killed in their sleep by Gremmy, so they're probably like zomBambi and (even) less effective than they were in life. I honestly don't remember when Matsumoto got taken out though, so I'm not sure if she's dead or alive.

Why is Gigi's Quincy power effective on Hollow-tainted people like the two Vaizard captains and Hitsugaya, who took Urahara's Hollow pill to regain his bankai from Cang Du?

I, too, am surprised Gordon and Nanana were defeated offscreen. A lot happened in this chapter.

Extraordinary Member

Pepe: Love is the basis of all conflicts! My love is great so...

Byakuya: You mind control people. It's not that difficult to figure out. Now shut up and die.

Still, I'm kinda surprised that it actually looked like Pepe was going to win that fight. And where did Meninas go? Wasn't he getting her to love him as well?

And why is it that all the weird and creepy stern ritters get all the biggest changes when they activate their vollständig?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I kinda expected Tsukishima to rescue Byakuya at the end there. Trollish Love Powers vs. Trollish Memory Friendship powers.

But now I don't know what to expect! Zombies to the rescue...so does that mean Mayuri's fight was largely off paneled as well? Or did Giselle leave while Mayuri was fighting with Hitsugaya and decide to attack Pepe? But then last we saw of Kensei and Rose, they were being attacked by Mayuri's Arrancar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I kinda expected Tsukishima to rescue Byakuya at the end there. Trollish Love Powers vs. Trollish Memory Friendship powers.

But now I don't know what to expect! Zombies to the rescue...so does that mean Mayuri's fight was largely off paneled as well? Or did Giselle leave while Mayuri was fighting with Hitsugaya and decide to attack Pepe? But then last we saw of Kensei and Rose, they were being attacked by Mayuri's Arrancar.
    Maybe Mayuri just managed to create some counter for Giselle's blood so that he can control her victims now and he's still fighting her while they're helping.

I'm probably the only one asking for this, but what are Rangiku's chances of surviving this arc or does everyone think she's done for? Given how Kubo said her past was going to be key in this arc and alot of characters have had their moments to shine, I'd really like it if she did survive but I'm ready to be disappointed.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-05-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Was anybody else hoping that Byakuya would just kill Mayuri here. I kinda was and I like Mayuri.

Hopefully Lili can revive the others somehow.

And another disappointing chapter.

Stop off-screening people, Kubo!