Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Was anybody else hoping that Byakuya would just kill Mayuri here. I kinda was and I like Mayuri.

Hopefully Lili can revive the others somehow.
    At the very least Lily looks like she's going to gobble up Pepe. I be she absorbs powers of people she eats or something. Power of a Double Stern Ritter or something. Whether she can revive Gordon and Nanana, I don't know, but I still think they'll get up at some point. They have to show *something* before they're killed after all. Then again, we still don't know if Jugo killed BG-9, and the meaning of his designation was never revealed either...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    And another disappointing chapter.

Stop off-screening people, Kubo!
    no kidding! Byakuya taking on three sternritters at once should have been epic. it's almost like he's saying "oh, you guys already know how he would win... we don't need to see that!"

I would have much rather seen that then have to thumb through Pepe's bloviating about love and it's power to influence people. Gordon vs Byakuya alone should have been worth doing some storyboards for.

Extraordinary Member

There's a lot I like in the latest chapter.

Lilotto killing Pepe off-screen. Great! Murder that disgusting little creep Lili! Murder him good!

Yhwach acting like a boss before the Zero squad and showing more cunning by having specific henchmen sticking around to protect him with special abilities.

The possibility of more Stern Ritters being with Yhwach increases the odds that Orihime and Sado will get fights of their own. That is always welcome.

And Ichigo and co are blasting off to battle again.

Extraordinary Member

What the flying frigg does the ability to make yourself unhitable have to do with wind? That said, I do like this confrontation. Super-sowing vs. questionable wind abilities. Fun and weird.

Ganju's here and breaks the flow of the chapter. Otherwise people don't really care about him.

What the flying frigg does the ability to make yourself unhitable have to do with wind? That said, I do like this confrontation. Super-sowing vs. questionable wind abilities. Fun and weird.
    Kubo likes to name things that have different meanings in different languages. Turns out that converting The Wind to Japanese characters makes it into "Twists and Turns."

Ganju's here and breaks the flow of the chapter. Otherwise people don't really care about him.
    Good to get his intro out of the way though. Plus it creates that nostalgic feeling of the original SS team, minus Uryu, blasting off again. With him arriving, I have to imagine the entrance of the Fullbringers is coming soon. So I guess things are going to get bad for the Shinigami for a moment so that they can have their big damn heroes moment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Kubo likes to name things that have different meanings in different languages. Turns out that converting The Wind to Japanese characters makes it into "Twists and Turns."
    Oh yeah. Kubo's doing the same double meaning with the Stern Ritters' letters that he did with the Espadas' resureccion. I always liked that.
    Good to get his intro out of the way though. Plus it creates that nostalgic feeling of the original SS team, minus Uryu, blasting off again.
    That is true.

So we've got six people on the rocket ship and the five Zero squad members against Yhwach, Haschwald and Uryu, I'm doubting that Nianzol is gonna be much more help. We've got four letters unrevealed and Gordon occupies at least one of them. So there's a chance for Yhwach to pick out three more Stern Ritter subordinates from the shadows so that he isn't outnumbered.
    With him arriving, I have to imagine the entrance of the Fullbringers is coming soon. So I guess things are going to get bad for the Shinigami for a moment so that they can have their big damn heroes moment.
    Lili is eating everyone!

Shaz Domino was/is one of them too, so only 2 that we haven't seen before.

We're still not even sure if that dude's still alive. Or if BG9 was executed for that matter.

Extraordinary Member

I kinda just assume that Shaz is dead.

If BG9 is still alive I'm thinking that he's down on the ground, might be even more robotic than before.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Ah-- it's not "wind" as in air, it's "wind" as in winding staircase. Long "I" pronunciation.

Extraordinary Member

Lots of new bad guys revealed here. So we've got a total of seven bad guys at the king's palace and they all seem pretty darn dangerous, and now the only letter left is N which I guess automatically goes to Gordon then.

Pretty solid fight chapter that increases the tension. I'm honestly surprised that Yhwach had Stern Ritters that could actually challenge the 0 squad members.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Pretty solid fight chapter that increases the tension. I'm honestly surprised that Yhwach had Stern Ritters that could actually challenge the 0 squad members.
    I'm surprised Zero Squad is failing so hard. Hopefully it's a puppet fake or something.

Shutara? More like Shotara.

...I'll show myself out.

Wait...*checks Bleach Wiki*

That makes only one open Sternritter slot and two Stern Ritter with no letter designation, glasses guy and Shaz. Either Kubo messed up, Juhabach promoted someone between the first invasion and the second, or something else is going on, like Gordon is the first of the Benjamin Franklin alphabet Stern Ritters.

Extraordinary Member

Wait...*checks Bleach Wiki*

That makes only one open Sternritter slot and two Stern Ritter with no letter designation, glasses guy and Shaz. Either Kubo messed up, Juhabach promoted someone between the first invasion and the second, or something else is going on, like Gordon is the first of the Benjamin Franklin alphabet Stern Ritters.
    Perhaps Shaz was promoted to Berenice's letter after s/he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Perhaps Shaz was promoted to Berenice's letter after s/he died.
    Shaz was part of the first invasion where Berenice and the Roar guy were killed, so he was already a SternRitter.

Extraordinary Member

Shaz was part of the first invasion where Berenice and the Roar guy were killed, so he was already a SternRitter.
    field promotion. XD