Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

...well.

This is an annoying and disappointing chapter.

Hopefully he just offed four of them to revive his own elite. Could lead to some nice heel turn.

But seriously, why the hell kill off Bazz-B and Gordon... Robert like that? They had so much going for them.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Such a waste. Even those that escaped death, it sounds like their powers got taken away.

I...really have no idea what either Grimmjow and his Hueco Mundo people or the Fullbringers are supposed to do now. This pretty much leaves no opponents to fight except for the ones that Zero Squad and Ichigo's team are going to fight.

The chapter's name is perfect.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

The funny/annoying thing is that what's happening here is basically the opposite of what annoyed people about the later espada fights. The were too long and drawn out and here everything is getting rushed through and not paying off on the build up.

I really wanted to see that Renji & Rukia vs. Bazz-B fight.

And why even let the zombie guy/gal live past Mayuri's stabbing if you're just going to take away powers.

Bazz-B in particular seemed like a villain worth an epic fight and conclusion. Nanana's ability was hyped as letting him crush Renji but now we'll probably never see it.

With Robert I practically feel trolled. Has this really badass showing against Shunsui of all people, then without getting his name or epithet he gets off paneled by Byakuya, only to get up on his own, have his name and letter given in a "this **** doesn't even matter anymore" manner, and then killed right there.

I suppose maybe the elites might carry multiple letters now? So maybe we'll find out what U, K, and N actually stood for and do.

Extraordinary Member

I think I'm the most upset about Bazz-B's demise. Because he was really freaking competent as far as villains go. He basically had Grimmjow's hot headeness without any of Grimmjow's damaged aspects and he was fairly pragmatic with his epic fire powers. And he was up against the Rukia and Renji team and that would've been awesome to see.

Robert is next because of the reason RM mentioned.

This is just so sudden. I wouldn't actually mind it if it had happened some lesser stern ritters or ones that were already beaten. Like have Cang Du and BG9 be still chained and beaten but alive to act as sacrifices for this and throw in Candice and Giselle since we've basically seen their abilities by now. That's one revival for each of the elites and we've still got all the awesome non-elites left.

Blargh!

Extraordinary Member

There is still a slight hope for some of the Stern Ritters. But it is slight.

I wonder how many people are going to go up to the Soul Palace. They're probably gonna get there faster than Ichigo and co too. It's just the way these things work.

Interesting that Yhwach decided to take on Ichibei on his own. Probably means that baldy is a the heavy hitter of the zero squad.

That's quite a few lights heading up there...I wonder if the 'power' he lent to the other Sternritter who have died previously was still with them in their corpses and he hasn't redistributed it until now.

If he could redistribute power from dead sternritter you'd think he'd be powering up the ones that were fighting the last few chapters, including Bazz-B and the others, but it sounds like he is only concerned with what happens to the Soul King. Apparently if he succeeds in doing whatever it is he wants, anything down below just doesn't matter.

Sounds like Bazz-B and the girls might randomly make it...still wondering what Fullbringers and Arrancar are supposed to do here.

They're probably gonna get there faster than Ichigo and co too. It's just the way these things work.
    King Kaio hologram shows up in the rocket that Ichigo and co. are traveling in.
    "Some reinforcements are being sent to the royal palace via Instant Transmission, which it turns out I knew about all along, but I'm afraid that while the rocket will be arriving shortly, you have to pass through the gates of Snake Way..."

Ichigo: "What! Urahara, what the hell!?"

Urahara: "Yeaaahhh.....sorry, we're pretty bad with this kind of thing."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    King Kaio hologram shows up in the rocket that Ichigo and co. are traveling in.
    "Some reinforcements are being sent to the royal palace via Instant Transmission, which it turns out I knew about all along, but I'm afraid that while the rocket will be arriving shortly, you have to pass through the gates of Snake Way..."

Ichigo: "What! Urahara, what the hell!?"

Urahara: "Yeaaahhh.....sorry, we're pretty bad with this kind of thing."
    Yoruichi: You didn't bring a map. Did ya?

Urahara: We're going straight up! How was I supposed to know that we would get lost.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yoruichi: You didn't bring a map. Did ya?

Urahara: We're going straight up! How was I supposed to know that we would get lost.
    that's why you dont let this guy design your ship.

Extraordinary Member

That opening scene with Shunsui and Juushiro was weird. It does make Juushiro seem a bit more foreboding I guess, but it's still weird.

I'm digging Yhwach vs. Ichibei so far. It be crazy.

Nice to see Ichibei vs. Yhwach get off to a nice start. Resetting your own throat and shooting yourself with arrows to propel yourself back up is pretty hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That opening scene with Shunsui and Juushiro was weird. It does make Juushiro seem a bit more foreboding I guess, but it's still weird.
    Seeing Shunsui and Ukitake being foreboding (mostly Ukitake, but Shunsui saying he's going to Central 46 also makes me think some Aizen **** is going down) reminds me of the whole conspiracy thing that Ginjo thought was going on. While they obviously aren't with the Quincy, it does make me wonder if they have some of their own agendas.

While not villains in the strictest sense, I wonder if they have their own grievances with the Soul King that they wish to use the War as a means to allow them a chance to address it. We've already seen how the two of them were willing to stand up to old man Yama to fight against a law they thought was wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Nice to see Ichibei vs. Yhwach get off to a nice start. Resetting your own throat and shooting yourself with arrows to propel yourself back up is pretty hardcore.
    It took me a re-read or two to really get what Yhwach was doing when he launched himself back up there, but when I got it I smiled, because it is pretty cool.

I'm liking how all fo the Zero squad members are basically only using the skills that got them accepted into Zero squad to begin with. It sets them a part from your average shinigami.
    Seeing Shunsui and Ukitake being foreboding (mostly Ukitake, but Shunsui saying he's going to Central 46 also makes me think some Aizen **** is going down) reminds me of the whole conspiracy thing that Ginjo thought was going on. While they obviously aren't with the Quincy, it does make me wonder if they have some of their own agendas.

While not villains in the strictest sense, I wonder if they have their own grievances with the Soul King that they wish to use the War as a means to allow them a chance to address it. We've already seen how the two of them were willing to stand up to old man Yama to fight against a law they thought was wrong.
    Which makes me wonder if Juushiro has another purpose for the substitute shinigami beyond being just that.

It'll be nice to get some more information about the government of the Central 46 and what secrets they might keep.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

What the hell is that, Ukitake? O_o

Extraordinary Member

Huh. Seems like Urahara has some ulterior motive besides the whole quincy thing. That is totally believable. Dude is shiftyness personafied.

Ichibei is doing surprisingly well so far and I like his weird power to destroy the opponent's essence. But now it seems like Yhwach is bringing out the big guns.

Yoruichi's little brother is adorable.