Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

New chapter.

Gotta say that I'm really enjoying this fight. Yhwach and Ichibei are really throwing down with the trash talk and the general exchane of techniques is very nice. It's fun to finally see a quincy that's doing the whole control reishi around him thing in a green lantern-ish style of fighting.

I should care a lot more about this than I do.

Bring back the Quincy Chicks!
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Friggin' A, how is Ichibei so strong? And doesn't Yhwach have dozens of other hax powers he could be using? Or does he not gain the abilities of reabsorbed Sternritter?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I think his hax powers will come out when he actually gains an upper hand.

I'm still not sure if he gains the abilities of the dead sternritters, but in addition to that, he also has Yama's Bankai in his amulet that he hasn't used yet.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter.

Ichibei's powers are really quite potent in a universe where knowing the true name of spirits gives you more power. He's really doing a fantastic job of dismantling Yhwach and I can't help but wonder what it would've been like if Aizen had managed to reach the Soul Palace.

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I can't help but wonder what it would've been like if Aizen had managed to reach the Soul Palace.
    Aizen looks even more foolishly overconfident now for thinking the Hougyoku would let him godmode through everything.

Totally called Ywch's "A" being "The Almighty."

Seems like it's the monks turn to be on the defensive. That's a helluva Bankai though. Let me just write a word on you and you take on characteristics of that word as I see fit.

Extraordinary Member

Well, what other word beginning with A would you pick if you get that word's power? I wonder just how it'll manifest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Totally called Ywch's "A" being "The Almighty."

Seems like it's the monks turn to be on the defensive. That's a helluva Bankai though. Let me just write a word on you and you take on characteristics of that word as I see fit.
    Aizen: I have come to destroy the Soul Palace and become a GOD!

Ichibei: *uses bankai* That word on your forehead is your new identity. From now on you are Shit.

Aizen: ...this feels very unfortunate.

Although I guess that he needs to erase your name completely first with his shikai, otherwise you'll be both what you were as well as what he writes on you.

...And when the blackness drained away, there were flamepants under Yhwach's cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Well, what other word beginning with A would you pick if you get that word's power?
    Some comedians are suggesting "The Asspull".

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    ...And when the blackness drained away, there were flamepants under Yhwach's cloak.

Yhwach wears no flame pants. The flame pants were created by BG-9, whose epithet 'K' means "The Knitter." Thus, they are merely an extension of Yhwach's great power, and will return to him when Erza stops wearing them.

Some comedians are suggesting "The Asspull".
    Pfft, as if anyone really expected the big bad to go down before Ichigo got there. This is actually the best case scenario. The main villain gets to look uber and dangerous and threat of his plans coming to fruition remains a thing, but the Royal Guard also get to show why they're the Royal Guard, and really leave us with the impression that few other than Yhwach could have gotten this far.

Man, Yhwach is just too genre savvy.

I'm starting to think even Aizen would have trouble trolling the heroes as much as he does.

Yhwach: "You're too late. I'm totally going to kill the Soul King."
    Ichigo: "Super Shunpo! Ha, totally stopped you from trying to kill the Soul King!"
    Yhwach: "But I didn't try to kill the King...You did."
    Ichigo: "Wha? Oh for fucks sake not this shit again!"

Extraordinary Member

Aw damnit. I was really hoping, but not really beliving to be honest, that this would be Orihime's big moment.

But man, the plot is moving so slow. Even by Bleach standards.

I wonder how many people in Japan are as blasé about earthquakes as Karin.

WTF Ukitake?

So, since the Spirit King is missing all four limbs, does that mean there are three other freaky occult gods scattered out there? Or maybe Yhwach is one of those limbs.

Extraordinary Member

Bleach is a mess of interesting concepts, singular good to great moment and horrendous pacing.

Can we just get to the regular fighting!? At least that stuff's fun.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

after so long, i can finally say this.

aizen: you thought these were enough to hold me?........................bitch, please.