Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Image probably would. He's sort of testing that out on The Dying and The Dead, and we'll see how many pages each issue of Island ends up. Just adjust the price to reflect content and it really doesn't matter as long as you stay in printable numbers.

Remender's been doing slightly oversized issues here and there in Deadly Class and Black Science, too.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Birthright 9
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

WE STAND ON GUARD #1 (maybe)
    EAST OF WEST, THE APOCALYPSE: YEAR ONE HC (Thank god I held off on getting the third trade now I'll have to sell the first two)
    THE DYING AND THE DEAD #7 (I'm sad to see this end)
    INJECTION #3 (If I like the first two issues)
    NAILBITER #14
    NO MERCY #4(Maybe)
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    I read on Justin's Twitter that Luther is skipping July. But where is Nameless? Imagine if Saga was on hiatus as well.. now that'd be catastrophic.
    Bummer that Revengeance hasn't been solicited yet. So good to finally see We Stand On Guard though.
    I can't remember how many issues it's slated for, but because Nameless is is a mini will it be over by July and that's why it's not on the list?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I can't remember how many issues it's slated for, but because Nameless is is a mini will it be over by July and that's why it's not on the list?
    Nameless is a mini? I thought it was monthly and that it's not out in July because it's on break between it's arcs.

Speaking of mini series, does anyone know if Dying and the Dead is really finished with issue 7? I thought it was an ongoing and not a mini?
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 04-24-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Nameless is a mini? I thought it was monthly and that it's not out in July because it's on break between it's arcs.
    So did I, but I remember reading on Burnham's twitter that they have 6 issues planned for now, or something along those lines. I forget now. Maybe with #6 being the final issue they're skipping a month and giving us a double-sized issue filled with glorified craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I thought it was an ongoing too, and then my brother asked me and I did some research and everything I found said it was a mini... but it's possible that they're just planning 6 issues for now to see if they want to continue it (like AwesomeUsername mentioned).
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

We stand on guard #1
    savage dragon #207
    invincible #121
    invisible republic #5
    minimum wage: So many bad decisions #3

outcast by kirkman & azaceta #11
    saga #30
    savior #4
    spawn #255
    velvet #14
    the walking dead #144

Wait, wasn't Tokyo Ghost supposed to launch this month? Or were we always just told "Summer 2015"?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Wait, wasn't Tokyo Ghost supposed to launch this month? Or were we always just told "Summer 2015"?
    Most announcements just mentioned "Summer 2015" indeed. I did find a USA Today article which mentioned July 2015, but granted that article was from July last year so it's reasonable to assume plans shifted/delayed somewhat. See here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...sive/13054363/
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Most announcements just mentioned "Summer 2015" indeed. I did find a USA Today article which mentioned July 2015, but granted that article was from July last year so it's reasonable to assume plans shifted/delayed somewhat. See here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...sive/13054363/
    Yea, that's the article I was thinking of. I'll just hope for August and see what happens lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Most announcements just mentioned "Summer 2015" indeed.
    Yeah, at Image Expo this January, Monstress was announced as "Summer 2015." I've been looking forward to that one and am hoping it'll be in the August solicitations.

So I only just realised We Stand on Guard is a six issue mini-series.... Somewhat bummed but I guess it makes sense with Paper Girls being an ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    So I only just realised We Stand on Guard is a six issue mini-series.... Somewhat bummed but I guess it makes sense with Paper Girls being an ongoing series.
    Yeah, that's the main reason I probably won't get it. I find most writers struggle to fully develop characters enough in such a short amount of time. I like 10-12 issue maxis (is this a thing?) like Death Vigil and The Wake better, in general.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Man, really? I'm a floppy reader/collector 98% of the time, but mini series that are 6 issues or less I wait for trades. I waited though for the collected hard back collection of The Wake because I just really wanted that one in a nice collected format.

It's disappointing about We Stand on Guard being a mini so I'm changing my mind and am waiting for the trade. I probably would have waited for the trade for Dying and the Dead if I knew that one was going to be a mini, but I bought the first two issues and don't want to have to essentially buy them again. Though the wait is so long between issues that I'm just not going to read any more of them when they come out and just wait for all 7 issues to be out and read it in one sitting.

I feel We Stand on Guard had the potential to be a pretty decent length series. Oh well. That frees up some funds for another book I guess.