Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
Man, really? I'm a floppy reader/collector 98% of the time, but mini series that are 6 issues or less I wait for trades. I waited though for the collected hard back collection of The Wake because I just really wanted that one in a nice collected format.

It's disappointing about We Stand on Guard being a mini so I'm changing my mind and am waiting for the trade. I probably would have waited for the trade for Dying and the Dead if I knew that one was going to be a mini, but I bought the first two issues and don't want to have to essentially buy them again. Though the wait is so long between issues that I'm just not going to read any more of them when they come out and just wait for all 7 issues to be out and read it in one sitting.

I feel We Stand on Guard had the potential to be a pretty decent length series. Oh well. That frees up some funds for another book I guess.
I go back and forth on minis. As a general rule, I have stayed away from them. I do make exceptions though...and I'm glad I do because some of my favorite books have been minis. I consider Pretty Deadly to be a mini even though I know it will continue over a year after issue 5 came out. I am hoping that book becomes a series of minis. The Mercenary Sea I consider to be a mini at this point even though they will be releasing more in the future. Lady Killer from Dark Horse has been terrific.

I'm actually starting to consider devoting 2 or 3 books a month to miniseries, particularly some of the minis over at Boom.