View Poll Results: Should Rachel leave the JGS?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the JGS just isn't a good fit for her.

34 87.18%
  • No, I like her at the JGS.

5 12.82%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default Should Rachel Grey-Summers leave the JGS for greener pastures?

It's no secret that she's been treated quite poorly there and has even been assaulted by the students there on numerous occasions which has resulted in no real punishment despite them actively working for evil or even for selfish reasons as well as being verbally abused by both staff and students. Not to mention how many students and staff openly speak harshly about her father in her face and even rubbed it in that they hoped her father would be killed for being controlled by the Phoenix Force. Than there's how most JGS books tend to portray her badly or utilize her in ways that reflect poorly on her to prop up other characters or make her a joke for cheap laughs. The main books that have treated her poorly at the school have been W&TXM, SM&TXM, Wolverine books(That she appeared in) and Amazing. Even Nightcrawler didn't really utilize her well as she was KO'd multiple times thus preventing her from getting to do anything course that does fit CC's previous writing...

Not to mention her near absence in nearly all events that includes the JGS. She didn't even featured in AXIS outside being treated like garbage, even BoTM event treated her far better and that was Bendis's event. She was also cut nearly completely out of the Avengers vs X-Men TPB.

Heck, Bendis apparently doesn't even like writing her but he did a better job with her in Uncanny than in those books. Than there's the Storm solo which treated Rachel fairly well despite her not even being a main cast member there. While X-Men was the main book that actually has utilized her well and besides the freaky Sublime stuff she got a lot of character development growth as well as a new direction on wanting to be a Leader now.

Kitty even left the JGS school. Kitty!

So, is it now time, after the latest insult that is SM&TXM, for Rachel to say that she's had enough of that abusive environment and go join the NXS, X-Factor, X-Force or even join Kitty in space after Secret Wars?
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-01-2015 at 07:32 PM.

My answer is yes mostly because I don't like her as a teacher. Rachel in my opinion is more more of a field person and should be in the real world using her vast powers for good, fighting bad guys, alone or with her friends.

Incredible Member

It is pretty obvious that JGS was never a good fit for her. Though writers could've made it work if they gave some effort.

Who says she is even going to survive Secret Wars? Might just be better for her to disappear since no one really likes to use her. Secret Wars is prime opportunity for Marvel to prune off derivative the characters they don't want just like DC did. She can be the new Wally West.

BANNED

In the aftermath of Secret Wars I wanted Rachel Grey to sacrifice herself to help save the day. Thereby giving her fans one last glory moment of her character.

BANNED

She remains at JGS because honestly that school makes arkham asylum look like paradise in comparison. JGS is her mother's legacy, even tough most of the X Men thought it was a good idea to pull Jean from the past, tell her she's gonna die and then try to send her back. Pretty much resulting in Jeen saying that she isn't wanted in there (the school named after her, lulz) and leaving for cyke school. All in all Rachel remains there because it's trying to make the school work

BANNED

I'n hoping we get a new team of X-MEN, that decides that they've spent enough time fighting each other and leaves to start getting some real work done. I think Nightcrawler should lead this group, and that Rachel should be a member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brightnessatmidnight View Post
    Who says she is even going to survive Secret Wars? Might just be better for her to disappear since no one really likes to use her. Secret Wars is prime opportunity for Marvel to prune off derivative the characters they don't want just like DC did. She can be the new Wally West.
    Wally West didn't disappeared, he got racebended

Incredible Member

I doubt she will be killed off in secret wars. And Secret wars is bringing in AU counterparts of various characters in main universe so how is that not derivative.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I'n hoping we get a new team of X-MEN, that decides that they've spent enough time fighting each other and leaves to start getting some real work done. I think Nightcrawler should lead this group, and that Rachel should be a member
    I think they should co-lead together. But egads get Rachel OUT of that Naruto look please.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Wally West didn't disappeared, he got racebended
    Is he really the same character that grew up with Dick Grayson? Nope. Wally for all intents and purposes is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I doubt she will be killed off in secret wars. And Secret wars is bringing in AU counterparts of various characters in main universe so how is that not derivative.
    They are bringing back "iconic" past versions, and seeing what sticks. All of these AU versions are just a reset to the past, not a derivative. This is Barry all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In the aftermath of Secret Wars I wanted Rachel Grey to sacrifice herself to help save the day. Thereby giving her fans one last glory moment of her character.
    Considering she isn't a big character in Secret Wars I doubt that would be glorious.

Who's to say she would be erased? Marvel doesn't really lose anything keeping her around as she does have a fanbase and even though she's mistreated in a number of books she was a team member in quite a few of them.

Wally wasn't erased, he was race changed then given a pretty racist background (great sterotyping, DC) so DC could pretend they're being progressive there when really it's insulting. They couldn't make a new black male character and actually develop the dude? They instead had to race change a white dude who has a very vocal fanbase?

As far as I'm concerned that isn't Wally.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-01-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Considering she isn't a big character in Secret Wars I doubt that would be glorious.

Who's to say she would be erased? Marvel doesn't really lose anything keeping her around as she does have a fanbase and even though she's mistreated in a number of books she was a team member in quite a few of them.

Wally wasn't erased, he was race changed then given a pretty racist background (great sterotyping, DC) so DC could pretend they're being progressive there when really it's insulting. They couldn't make a new black male character and actually develop the dude? They instead had to race change a white dude who has a very vocal fanbase?

As far as I'm concerned that isn't Wally.
    All I'm saying is that if character like Wally couldn't make it out a of a similar event...there's nothing stopping Marvel from doing it to Rachel. And I think erased is still a pretty good term, because that isn't the same character, even in essence. There was even a long period where he was elephant-in-the-room-not-to-be-named before the racebended version came about.

All I'm saying is that if character like Wally couldn't make it out a of a similar event...there's nothing stopping Marvel from doing it to Rachel. And I think erased is still a pretty good term, because that isn't the same character, even in essence. There was even a long period where he was elephant-in-the-room-not-to-be-named before the racebended version came about.
    He still bears Wally's name, so there's that.

DC set out to reboot, I doubt Marvel intends to throw out all the lore or change the characters dramatically as they saw the reaction to New 52 and how playing on their lore helped Marvel NOW! a lot.

Rachel Grey agent of S.W.O.R.D. Maybe do a mini with her and Brand. See where it goes from there. Orange is the new green!