Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default "He who conquers this sea will become the Pirate King" - One Piece manga/anime discussion thread

Yeah, we have one in the Community forum but this seems like a better place for it IMO.

Here we talk about the awesome, utterly amazing and insanely best-selling series One Piece, seriously its sales in Japan are mind-blowing ahead of almost every other series.

Oh and beware of spoilers in this thread. We're not holding back on them.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-21-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

loved the newest chapter XD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    loved the newest chapter XD
    The interactions were to die for in this chapter.

I will never not love Cavendish.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and the last few chapters are the reason why one piece is my favorite manga. also, check out my top 12 favorite anime fights on youtube. its not much but its ok. lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and the last few chapters are the reason why one piece is my favorite manga. also, check out my top 12 favorite anime fights on youtube. its not much but its ok. lol
    link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    link please?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIPReJ_tB_8

Extraordinary Member

Ok, so we've got a ****-ton of fighters on both sides now and I'm pretty sure that Ruffy's side greatly outnumbers Doflamingo's. Then again, Doflamingo has managed to convince Fujitora to fight on his side.

So I wouldn't mind if Fujitora takes on the majority of the arena fighters with his marines while Ruffy, Zoro, Law and Sabo deals with Doflamingo and his elite.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I still want Zoro to take on Fujitora or Diamante.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Did you... talk for an hour? Haha.

Extraordinary Member

Well.

They certainly beefed up the awesomeness for the Ruffy/Don Chinjao haki collision. That was and awesome moment in an overall fun episode.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter is out.

Aww yeah. Zoro vs. Pica let's do this!

I'm guessing this means that the rest of the WAA 2.0 will take on the other elites of Doflamingo's crew. I'm down with that.

Interesting which of the arena fighters ended up on Ucy together with Ruffy & co since those two have been rather anonymous until now.

We also find out why Law has a grudge against Doflamingo and another piece of the mystery that is Doflamingo's background is revealed.

Unfortunately however all of this epic fighting and interesting intrigue will have to wait for a few weeks while Oda goes through tonsil removal surgery. I Oda-san a problem-free operation and a speedy recovery. We'll be waiting sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I still want Zoro to take on Fujitora or Diamante.

Did you... talk for an hour? Haha.
    its my channel. lol

Awesome chapter.

I thought Corazon was going to be a woman. heh, guess I have been exposed to the WiR trope for too long. I am surprised that he turned out to be Doflamingo's brother. That silhouette we see in that panel just before the reveal: is that a flashback of Doflamingo or Corazon? It should be the latter but it looks so much like the former. I guess the DD family really looks and dresses alike and it's not just DD who has a whacked out fashion sense.

I am calling it now: Chapter 750 is going to kick start the flashback to Law and DD's pasts. That or it will have some major reveals and twists in it.

This explains so much about why DD's family is so afraid of him and yet so loyal despite him caring for them and them for him; the guy is willing to kill his younger brother.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That is definitely Dofy on the last page.

"Corazon" probably sounds like a woman because of the heart association. I didn't think about 750 actually being a flashback, but I'll be fine either way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This explains so much about why DD's family is so afraid of him and yet so loyal despite him caring for them and them for him; the guy is willing to kill his younger brother.

Eh, besides the main family haven't really expressed fear of Doflamingo. Just loyalty and not wanting to disappoint him.

And really, the dude has some serious skeletons in the closet. His dad kill his mom, he killed his dad and brother.

750 is going to be damn interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That is definitely Dofy on the last page.
    He looks a bit too different with that head shape and the hair style. Plus if Doffy and Corazon are brothers they must look alike as well. I don't know...I hope I am wrong. Doffy has such a unique look that I would be disappointed if it turns out his whole family dresses like that or that someone else looks almost exactly like him. I hope there is a unique design for Corazon in the upcoming chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Eh, besides the main family haven't really expressed fear of Doflamingo. Just loyalty and not wanting to disappoint him.

And really, the dude has some serious skeletons in the closet. His dad kill his mom, he killed his dad and brother.

750 is going to be damn interesting.
    Only the Executives aren't afraid of him. Baby 5 and Buffallo were begging for forgiveness after getting their ass kicked and Monet said she won't live if she fails her mission.

We don't know how his mom died. He says his mom died but he killed his father and now we know he also killed his brother. Though admittedly it's very likely that his Dad killed Doffy's Mom and he killed his Dad in revenge. I like the idea that he is the bastard son of a Celestial Dragon.

Oda would probably never delve into completely serious topics but he touches on them like how the FI arc had the New Fishman Pirates acting as parallels to the KKK and Al Qaeda and dealt with slavery. Then you have back story of the Boa sisters which leaves just enough plausible deniability that they might have raped-if you choose to believe so.

I've been thinking that maybe DD's mom was a slave and she was raped by a Celestial Dragon and DD was the child born out of it. It's certainly not beneath them and they do take women as wives and slaves against their will. However, this is the kind of stuff that breaks a series. I doubt Oda would actually depict a rape scene in One Piece as it would ruin the tone of the series but he is not above addressing serious issues in a roundabout way. He may not depict a scene of sexual abuse but I can see him implying that it happened.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly