Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Yeah the end of the chapter was a pretty big wham moment, as they're essentially offering to turn Luffy into a Yonko level figure, I fully expect Luffy to turn it down(at least "officially") but I also expect chapter 800 to be amazing

Edit: Or he might just give them one of those grins and tell them do whatever you like again.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-03-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Wow. Quite a packed chapter.

Fujitora gets to know Luffy that much better, and he is understandably somewhat perplexed. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this guy, he's a good replacement for Aokiji.

The people of Dressrosa show that they're much smarter than your average civilians. *glares the the average New Yorker in Marvel*

And of course we've got the big thing. Luffy probably won't want to do it at first, he was happy with a crew of ten initially. But I feel that it would be kind of a waste of all these characters to not go through with this. They don't have to stick around permanently, just do their own thing and come when their grand captain summons them. That would be awesome. It also certainly puts Luffy that much closer to the Yonkou's in terms of military might.

Things have gotten very interesting...

I don't know whether I want him to accept or not.

I hope he accepts them, because the Straw Hat Pirate Armada would be awesome.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Yep called it, and then they went and made themselves his subordinates anyway, that's perfect.

And Fujitora is best admiral, assuming he doesn't get demoted

And lastly one of the enemy pirates called out that Luffy is worth 5 million, I wonder if that's a bad translation and means his bounty's risen to 500 million now
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-16-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

In many ways this was the perfect answer.

Not only is it fitting for Luffy's character and his relationship with these guys but it's also really funny that he finally gets a taste of the selfish nonsense he typically drags the Straw Hats, and recently Law, through all the time. The Straw Hat grand fleet will apparently make big waves in some grand event down the road, the last time Oda made such a big hint for a big incident it was Ace getting captured that triggered the Marineford war. So I'm going to get a bit hyped already.

This also speaks volumes for how Luffy views the main Straw Hat crew. Their titles are basically just formalities and they're basically equal. That's nice.

Lastly, Sengoku catch Fujitora off guard was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    And lastly one of the enemy pirates called out that Luffy is worth 5 million, I wonder if that's a bad translation and means his bounty's risen to 500 million now
    Another translation had it at 500 million. Which still seems like kind of a small increase for what he's done here.

It's more than what he got for beating Crocodile, and equal to punching the Celestial Dragons/Impel Down prison break, and Whitebeard War participation, and it makes him the highest active bounty in the world, Ace and Chinjao are the only other people we've seen with 500+ mil bounties(and finally pushes him past Kidd)
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-16-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Was nervous on the whole fleet thing, but the way it was done left a smile on my face. Really looking forward to what happens next, and glad this arc is over (it really dragged on).

Hopefully the other half of the crew shine in the next arc. Especially Sanji, who has suffered a bit after the 2 year skip.

Extraordinary Member

It's more than what he got for beating Crocodile, and equal to punching the Celestial Dragons/Impel Down prison break, and Whitebeard War participation, and it makes him the highest active bounty in the world, Ace and Chinjao are the only other people we've seen with 500+ mil bounties(and finally pushes him past Kidd)
    True, true.

Which kinda makes the raise from the battle with the CP9 the odd man out really due to how much bigger than increase is compared to the others.

I think Jinbei at one point said something to the effect that there's a diminishing returns thing for bounties after a certain point, meaning Luffy with a 400 million bounty has to do more to get it to rise the same amount as he would have when it was a 100 million bounty, which means a 100 million increase on top of a 400 million bounty is really extraordinary.

Cool to see everyone's bounties increase.

And it's funny that Usopp finally has his face and name on it, with a huge amount. I would like to see Kaya's, his father's, and the people in his village, reaction.

Interesting that Sanji is only wanted alive, hopefully this leads to arc focused on him. He has been really neglected since the timeskip. I'm really excited.

So, both Luffy and Law get 500 million
    Zoro gets a massive hike of his own to 320 million
    Sanji finally got his picture taken(boooooo!) and rises up to 177 million, and is only wanted alive for some reason
    Nico Robin finally breaks 100 with 130 million
    Franky gets 94 million (with a picture of his Shogun suit used)
    Usopp finally has his picture and name taken and gets a comically big jump to 200 million(which pisses Franky off)
    Brook gets his poster updated to a Soul King picture and is 83 million
    poor Chopper doubles to... 100
    And Nami rises to 66 million

gives the crew a combined 1,570,000,100 berri bounty

Doffy should PROBABLY hope that the Marines keep him and Jack doesn't take him and bring him back to Kaido

Zou confirmed for the next arc

A guy in a mask who is very obviously Rob Lucci makes an appearance and he's apparently a part of CP0 now, guess the CP9 cover story was resolved off screen

Fujitora is taken Akainu's statement very seriously about not visiting any Marine bases until he has Luffy and Law's head

Bartolomeo's ships is... exactly what we should have expected

Reverie meeting's getting close

Shown what happens to Bellamy
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-24-2015 at 08:50 AM.

A guy in a mask who is very obviously Rob Lucci makes an appearance and he's apparently a part of CP0 now, guess the CP9 cover story was resolved off screen
    Sweeet! Let's get a re-match going!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sanji's old poster was one of the best gags in the series.

Now it's thrown gasoline on the fire that is the theory that Sanji is a Noble or Tenryuubito or whatever kid