Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Ok then. Five members with 100 million+ berri bounties.

Lucci's back and promoted. It's just a cameo but it's nice to see him again.

Lots of things are set up for future arcs. Reverie is getting closer, Doflamingo is a target for loads people (he's made himself too damn important even as a prisoner) and Fujitora is going to do his own thing.

Hopefully the next arc will be Sanji's big moment.

Extraordinary Member

The last new member of the Shichibukai is revealed. He's not at all what I was expecting and I'm not sure what to make of him yet.

Zou looks like an amazing adventure if we're just going by the island.

My first reaction was he looked like something Dr Hogback had sewn together, wonder if those are meant to be scars.

Also wonder how the Hell the Barto club has made it as far as they have

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    My first reaction was he looked like something Dr Hogback had sewn together, wonder if those are meant to be scars.

Also wonder how the Hell the Barto club has made it as far as they have
    yeah, Trafalgar Law did a pretty good job of conveying the reader reaction, LOL.

almost hope Blackbeard and Co do attack the Revolution, only for Dragon to bitch slap them all

Buggy!

Next week's a break because Oda can't do a month in a row anymore apparently

Extraordinary Member

The Revolutionary army against the Blackbeard pirates. That has some insane potential for all manner of epicness. I wonder how big Blackbeard's armada has gotten over two years.

Luffy opened up the mercenary market for Buggy and stole his biggest guns for hire in one swoop. That is amazing.

Oda does pour a lot into each chapter so I can see why he needs to take frequent breaks all the time.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I wouldn't say "frequent breaks all the time" unless referring to Togashi. Three weeks a month is a normal release schedule. Oda, meanwhile, probably has very little time off. The weekly manga pace (where typically one guy plots, scripts, and does breakdowns for roughly 45 pages a month) is brutal even without considering dedication to special projects. Dude's admitted to getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. The only American artist to come close to such a pace was Kirby, and he didn't do a single title for 18 years and counting. It's more than what's fair to ask of a married father.

Anyway, Buggy was totally hilarious and I love Dragon. I like Shiliew but hope they get driven off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I wouldn't say "frequent breaks all the time" unless referring to Togashi. Three weeks a month is a normal release schedule. Oda, meanwhile, probably has very little time off. The weekly manga pace (where typically one guy plots, scripts, and does breakdowns for roughly 45 pages a month) is brutal even without considering dedication to special projects. Dude's admitted to getting about 3 hours of sleep a night. The only American artist to come close to such a pace was Kirby, and he didn't do a single title for 18 years and counting. It's more than what's fair to ask of a married father.
    All true. I used a poor choice of words.

Oda really does work his ass off and is more than deserving off at least one week off a month.

Default One Piece chapter 812

Sanji Vinsmock?..... Finally know his surname.

Liked the comedy in this chapter, missed Sanji's 'flirt with any breathing woman' ways.

Capone's 3 billion must be a mistake, I think it's 300 million.

Loved the reveal that Sanji is heir to someone important, maybe a Celestial Dragon? Whoever it is, they are important enough to persuade to world government to keep Sanji alive.

This arc is going be all about my favourite character, and I couldn't be happier!

Also, he is the 3rd son. That means that he has siblings, I am looking forward to seeing what they are like.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Capone's bounty is indeed 300 million, more in line with the other Supernovas.

Also, I've made a realisation.

There's a reason why Sanji's family, who are powerful enough to get his wanted poster saying "Wanted Alive", haven't been looking for him until now.

They didn't know he was with the Straw Hat Pirates.

And the reason they didn't know is because Sanji's previous wanted poster was a piss poor drawing of him.

I just find that really funny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sanji Vinsmock?..... Finally know his surname.

Liked the comedy in this chapter, missed Sanji's 'flirt with any breathing woman' ways.

Capone's 3 billion must be a mistake, I think it's 300 million.

Loved the reveal that Sanji is heir to someone important, maybe a Celestial Dragon? Whoever it is, they are important enough to persuade to world government to keep Sanji alive.

This arc is going be all about my favourite character, and I couldn't be happier!

Also, he is the 3rd son. That means that he has siblings, I am looking forward to seeing what they are like.
    Calling it now: His brother's names are Ichiji and Niji

Extraordinary Member

Gear fourth got its debut in the anime today.

It was pretty damn awesome, thanks to some great animation and cool additions to the fight itself.

Default One Piece Chapter 813

Sanji's a badass, the note he left them at the end was just like him.

Nekomamushi is really intimidating, I wonder how Capone's devil fruit allows him to have tank-legs.

Can't wait for more on Sanji's past, and for the Strawhats to crash the wedding. This arc makes me wonder if we will find out more about Zoro before the dojo, or Brook before becoming a pirate.

What is also interesting, is that Sanji knows about his family and past. It's not like he has amnesia or something, he purposely withheld that information, the big question is why?

With Oda loving his characters having tragic backstory's, I think a female member of Sanji's family (probably his mother) may have been abused by a male member (probably his father). Witnessing these acts would explain his pure hatred of any form of violence toward a female from a male, even at the expense of his life. Whatever happened with his family must have been really bad for him to leave for the East Blue and never even mention them.

There is a lot of potential with this arc, I am really excited. Especially after the lackluster A̶l̶a̶b̶a̶s̶t̶a̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ Dressrosa arc.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Maybe the Vinsmocks are Celestial Dragons, so technically, that would make Sanji a prince...sort of. He didn't want the crew knowing about his family because they might look at him differently. The last Celestial Dragons they met were the guy Luffy falcon punched at Water 7 and Doflamingo, so it would make sense for him to keep that a secret.

Extraordinary Member

According to the new chapter the Vinsmokes are a family of murderers