Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wonder how many anime only watchers have guessed that it's him by now.
    One Piece fans have predicted 9 of the last 2 Sabos

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    This reminds me of a theory that the Five Stars wanted Jewelry Bonny to de-age them, and have done this repeatedly for centuries. A similar theory would apply to the Ope Ope fruit.
    I have always been curious just how tough those guys are. To be over everyone you would think they are either really strong or they are really really smart. To be over guys like Sengoku, Kong, and the Admirals they have to have something going for them. Either that or they are just the figureheads put in place by the Celestial Dragons and they are no stronger than normal people.

Extraordinary Member

The anime has reached the part where Sabo takes Ruffy's place in the tournament, which hilariously screws up all of Doflamingo's plans.

I rather liked the pseudo-reveal. It was a bit clearer than it was in the manga and where I was expecting big bombastic music they played this soft and soothing tone that fit quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    So which Haki do the Straw Hats have now?

Luffy - King, Observational, and Armament
    Zoro - Armament
    Sanji - Observation
    Usopp - Observation (I assume that it was Haki that let him see Sugar a couple chapters ago)

Are they the only ones who can use it now ?

Luffy

Conqueror

Armament

Observation

Zoro

Armament (used against Monet)

Observation (used during FI and PH arcs but it's not very good from what we've seen)

Sanji

Armament (confirmed by Luffy, no issues fighting logia's)

Observation (used in FI arc, several times in PH arc in both his and Nami's body and in Dressrosa)

Ussop

Observation: just awakened.

Bolded are the haki types which, according to Oda, are the character's respective forte's/most developed one/preference. I was surprised by Zoro's being CoA since he hasn't gotten an opportunity to show it off it as much as Luffy has.

Sanji's observation is, hilariously enough, attuned to the hearts of women in distress. Hence why he was able to realize that Nami and Tashigi were in trouble in PH despite being far away from them and Violet being in pain in Dressrosa.

Last edited by John Venus; 10-01-2014 at 08:22 PM.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

new chapter out.

we find out more about law's past and....................damn.

Man Law's childhood has to be one of the worst we have seen in any flashback so far. It has to be right up their with Robin's as far as being tragic.

With the childhood's and back stories of characters in One Piece, Luffy's next crew-mate should be a psychiatrist.

Extraordinary Member

That... was tough to read.

That Law is as sensible and "normal" as is after all that and then hanging out with Doflamingo's crew since he was ten is kind of a miracle.

And wow, I did not think that I could despise the WG more than I already did. I was proven wrong today.

But seriously, this is a great chapter that pulls off some solid world building, character insight and explains quite a few things. Gonna be fun to see how Corazon reacts.

Law isn't sensible, he is just broken and empty in the flashback.

This has got to be the darkest One Piece chapter ever.

And wow, I did not think that I could despise the WG more than I already did. I was proven wrong today.
    They are as classy as ever.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Law isn't sensible, he is just broken and empty in the flashback.
    I wasn't talking about Law in the flashback. Rather I was referring to Law in the present day storyline.

He's a bastard but he's still pretty normal compared to quite a lot of people we've seen in the series.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I wasn't talking about Law in the flashback. Rather I was referring to Law in the present day storyline.

He's a bastard but he's still pretty normal compared to quite a lot of people we've seen in the series.
    i hear ya. the fact that he seems one of the most level headed people luffy and the crew have met is amazing after reading that chapter.

Just got my copy of Season 6 first voyage and Film Z in the mail Now to do a little One Piece binge watching.

And given that Robin is the only other sensible person who also has a terrible past involving genocide. Apparently extreme trauma makes you........normal by our standards in the OP world. This is a world where weird is the normal after all.

Btw, anyone else love that panel of Doflamingo resting with a book over his face and his leg outstretched. It's quite possibly one of my favorite panels in One Piece.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And given that Robin is the only other sensible person who also has a terrible past involving genocide. Apparently extreme trauma makes you........normal by our standards in the OP world. This is a world where weird is the normal after all.

Btw, anyone else love that panel of Doflamingo resting with a book over his face and his leg outstretched. It's quite possibly one of my favorite panels in One Piece.
    With Robin it wasn't so much that she was sensible from the get go. Her stoic and kinda distant personality hid a deeply fractured person who went nigh-suicidal once CP9 got their hands on her and it was really only through the Strawhats' friendship that she was able to regain herself and become a fairly normal person, still creepy morbid though.

I'm thinking that Law in the flashback is in a similar position to Robin before the whole flag-burning moment of awesome. He's still traumatised and kinda broken but will be put together again through Corazon's friendship somehow. Possibly through getting toss out of windows several times. We'll see how this develops.