Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

new chapter out.

just when you think the bombshells have all been dropped in this arc, oda drops yet another one.

law........................is a D.

Extraordinary Member

Holy crap. Doflamingo is a guy with a horrible childhood who didn't turn out relatively sane it seems. These chapters are really dark.

I really love the panel where Corazon's in the background and he's obviously tried to light a cigarette but ended up setting himself on fire. That is hilarious.

So Law's a D. Interesting, and what's more it seems like Corazon knows something about the meaning of D. I'm hoping that we get a little more information about the letter and why it keeps poping up.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Poor Homing, he really had no idea

Homing really was an idiot with good intentions. DD's entire speech in Marineford makes even more sense now. It was all foreshadowing for his backstory. It's really no wonder why the guy has such a warped sense of morality and world view. I now want to read an entire manga based on the Donquixote crew. I wish Doffy's flashback was longer so we get to see him getting the String fruit, killing his Dad, meeting with Trebol, Diamante and Pica and gaining CoC. This was short but effective but still, I want more. We didn't even learn the name of Doffy's mom.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Does anyone else think that Doflamingo is the best villain in OP so far?

Someone probably does.

For me, it's Croc all the way!
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Someone probably does.

rob lucci always gets my vote.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

My top 3 were always Lucci, Ener, and Croc in no order, but I think Dofy might be my favorite when this is all said and done. I don't actually need depth or exposition to enjoy these characters but Dofy has it all.

Extraordinary Member

New chapter.

Corazon is awesome. I love the relationship he develops with Law here and how pissed he becomes when the rest of the world are acting like assholes. He also has an interesting DF-ability.

And we finally get some more info on D. Thinking that the bets that it means "Devil" just increased by a lot. So they're meant to be some kind of opposite to the Tenryuubito? Kinda fits with what we've seen of both groups, if you can that the Ds a group.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Very interesting chapter. We see how long Vergo had been playing his long con. We also got that the "D" clan are the opposites of the Celestial Dragons. So I would take that to mean that the Tenryuubito somehow defeated the D clan way back when and have been trying to destroy all traces of them ever since. It would explain them keeping the past secret from the modern world.

New chapter is out! And there is break next week. Rocinante's death is going to hit me hard when it happens. Such a great guy.....

Also, it looks like Drake might somehow figure into Law's flashback. Oda is pretty sly about it in this chapter but there is definitely some connection between Drake and those pirates. I would have never thought that would be the angle Oda approaches Drake with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Someone probably does.

Same here. I love DD but Croc is still #1.

Extraordinary Member

I am loving this flashback.

Corazon is such a great character. His dedication to Law (so big that he's willing to cross the entire Marine force and his own brother, who is insanely dangerous) is adorable, his power is really different and you've gotta love how he tries to make it look cool (which he doesn't need to since it is a useful power) and he's just loveable. His imminent death is gonna be sad.

I look forward to seeing how Drake plays into all of this, the build up for him is nice and subtle.

After reading the Naruto chapter, I realized that when Luffy finds One Piece it means his death just like Roger. And now I am depressed.

Not necessarily. It's One Piece, it could very well end with Luffy telling his crew: "Let's do it again!" or "What should we do for our next dream?". An 'And the Adventure Continues' type ending is most befitting for One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not necessarily. It's One Piece, it could very well end with Luffy telling his crew: "Let's do it again!" or "What should we do for our next dream?". An 'And the Adventure Continues' type ending is most befitting for One Piece.

I hope so... either way I am crying like a bitch.