Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

• Maddie Pryor being a clone.

Gwen sleeping with Norman

Black Cat being raped

Sam Wilson being a pimp

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I actually like Azazel better because I just think the Mystique and Destiny thing was a little bit creepy for me. I would say it would work if they managed to do away with all the bad elements and actually try to find a way to fit in into the original story.
    What was creepy about Mystique and Destiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Black Cat being raped

Sam Wilson being a pimp

Just the female father thing really doesn't sit well with me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    There have been to many awful retcons to list...the only retcon I remember liking was reestablishing Polaris as Magneto's daughter.
    A retcon which by the way went against what had been established directly and indirectly over the years since it had been shown previously that they did NOT have a genetic link.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    A retcon which by the way went against what had been established directly and indirectly over the years since it had been shown previously that they did NOT have a genetic link.
    And before any of that it was said that he was her popz lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    snap wilson

thank you remender for fixing that
    How did he fix it?

Oh, my answer is also Snap Wilson.
    Not only did it ruin the history of a great character, it was also downright racist.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    yeah the darco really isn't that bad of a story is not great either I personally would prefer if mystique and destiny or mystique and John wrath were nightcrawlers parents.. the problem they really presented itself with the story was Writers, fans and editors didn't pay attention to the details that you just listed above and and to add that he was trying to teleport a whole army and not just himself out of that dimension... the Darko wouldn't even make my top 30 recons, mostly because it was literally just there until years later when writers and editors who didn't read the original story start adding extra nonsense to it..
    I think what happen was Azazel got some of his children to help open a portal that would connect both realms so that Azazel could step thourgh the portal so that he didn't have to teleport and be just as powerful as he was in that other dimension.

Mighty Member

Did anyone mention Peter's Robo Parents?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I'm starting to think of ongoing comics from Marvel (and DC) as a very long highway that has potholes. Marvel attempts to fill in these potholes with retcons, but it just makes the road patchwork. It's just the nature of the ongoing comic.
    That is how I see it as well - I have used that metaphor a lot.

Black Cat being raped

Sam Wilson being a pimp

I hate the Gwen sleeping with Norman story with all my heart but I thought the Maddie Pryor is a clone was always the plan or something like that by Claremont.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 04-23-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    I hate the Gwen sleeping with Norman story with all my heart but I thought the Maddie Pryor is a clone was always the plan or something like that by Claremont. Sam Wilson was not retconned into being a pimp or criminal type - he was originally written as that. In fact if I read the recent Captain America correctly, Marvel is now saying he was never a "Snap" Wilson and the fact he was a criminal that was saved by Steve Rogers was a Red Skull creation via the Cosmic Cube and that Sam Wilson was never a criminal.
    Claremont intended no such thing for Maddie. She and Scott were supposed to be written out of the book and get a happy ending. When editorial reunited the O5 they forced Scott to leave his wife for Jean and the clone retcon was added to make Scott look like less of a jerk.

Sam being a pimp was a retcon. He was initially a social worker.

Marvel has some bad ones.
    Brain-ambushed gay Bobby,
    One more day,
    Snap Wilson,
    Disassembled is just... urgh,
    Wanda & Pietro
    but, and I know this is a Marvel forum, but the worst retcon of all time has just got to be... (drumroll)
    The New 52. It would take a master of chaos to come up with something worse than that. Give it time. They will.

Claremont intended no such thing for Maddie. She and Scott were supposed to be written out of the book and get a happy ending. When editorial reunited the O5 they forced Scott to leave his wife for Jean and the clone retcon was added to make Scott look like less of a jerk.

What I meant is they retconned the Sam Wilson retcon away. But I am pretty sure the Maddie think - her looking like Jean - was linked to some planned story.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

A hero getting a happy ending? No such thing in comics from the Big Two, my friend.

Fantastic Member

One more day (WORST)
    Wanda + Pietro being non-mutants
    Everything Grant Morrison NXM (Fucking Xorn and many more)
    Last edited by scottsummer; 04-23-2015 at 01:56 AM.

One More Day/Brand New Day will always be the worst for me.

However, I'm very quickly beginning to hate the "Bobby is gay" retcon. Not because of what it is, I'm happy for the character to be gay, it means nothing to me personally and the character in the long run. What makes me hate it is all the smug "We've known it all along" crowd that's pulling just about every failure Bobby has had with a woman and going "HEY!! See this! It proves this has been alluded to for years! I spotted it back in X-Men Issue 85! I'm so smart and progressively thinking!".