All-New Member

Question Who Is This Character?

Hi fellow forum members!
    Yesterday, I went to Michaels, and bought a Marvel Heroes sticker pack. As I was going through it, I could identify all of the characters, except for one. I ran an image search on Google and got nothing, then went through online lists of Marvel characters, and still found nothing that would reveal the character's identity. So now I have turned to the comic book experts on this forum to please identify this character for me. He wears a yellow suit, with white frills, and has brown hair and a maniacal grin on his face. An image of him is attached (sorry for the bad quality). Among the characters that look most like this character are Sabretooth (X-Men), Will o' the Wisp (Spider-Man), and Mad Thinker (Fantastic Four). However, I do not think that this character is any one of them, only resembling them slightly. This character is likely a Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Hulk villain, as these three superheroes were on the front of the sticker pack, but the character could also be a villain of another superhero, or maybe even a superhero himself, though it is unlikely.
    Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like toad from his early brotherhood days

The Toad from X-Men

Last edited by Babylon23; 09-17-2015 at 11:01 PM.

All-New Member

Thanks! I only saw the movie version of Toad, so this comic costume is new for me.

All-New Member

Thanks for the image! I found the image that the sticker was based off of.
    Attached Images Attached Images

He also gradually got slimmer. The original design was fairly short and dumpy at first before they revamped him a bit to be an agile fighter.

At around the whole 198 story he got the standard superhero good looks, but they made him 'fat and ugly' again in the atrocious Wolverine & the X-Men book.

I think it was in X-men Forever both he and Mystique got new "Movieized" looks (Granted, this sort of happened to many other X-men as well). Mystique's Rebecca Romjin/Jennifer Lawrence 'scales'/short hair look didn't last that long, as she was soon back to pretty much the same old appearence. Toad's "Ray Park" look stuck around for a bit longer with the tongue. Toad originally was more of a "Toady" to Magneto (and in some ways still is), but I think around the time of the 'sticker' look he was becoming a bit more independent, and even led the Brotherhood at one point (Mainly in X-force I think).

Spectacular Member

While Toad's look in Wolverine and the X-Men could have been better, I think his story was great. Never really get to see how some characters are and they gave us a look into his life and I found it as a nice addition to a very solid book (until after the Hellfire Saga, it started going downhill towards the end).

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dvgravity View Post
    While Toad's look in Wolverine and the X-Men could have been better, I think his story was great. Never really get to see how some characters are and they gave us a look into his life and I found it as a nice addition to a very solid book (until after the Hellfire Saga, it started going downhill towards the end).
    I was kind of the opposite. I was fine with the look (whatever) but the story was horrible. Toad is a guy that should never be allowed near children, and hooking him up with Husk was disgusting.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think it was in X-men Forever both he and Mystique got new "Movieized" looks (Granted, this sort of happened to many other X-men as well). Mystique's Rebecca Romjin/Jennifer Lawrence 'scales'/short hair look didn't last that long, as she was soon back to pretty much the same old appearence. Toad's "Ray Park" look stuck around for a bit longer with the tongue. Toad originally was more of a "Toady" to Magneto (and in some ways still is), but I think around the time of the 'sticker' look he was becoming a bit more independent, and even led the Brotherhood at one point (Mainly in X-force I think).
    toad broke lose from Magneto in the late '60s, and by the late '70s was even using alien tech to take on the Avengers single handed.