Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    Everything Grant Morrison NXM (Fucking Xorn and many more)
    What Xorn retcon happened in Morrison's NXM?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    Everything Grant Morrison NXM (Fucking Xorn and many more)

Can you be more specific. I mean I don't doubt for even 10 seconds that Morrison kinda... broke the X-Men. But what were the actual Retcons.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Sin past is waful. Norman Osborn would never sleep with a whiny girl like Gwen Stacy. He's more classy than that.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

- Xorn being Magneto
    - Emma Frost's diamond power because 'planted' by Cassandra Nova
    - Making Mary Jane a total bitch to ease fans into the idea of retconning away her marriage to Peter in One More Day.
    - Morrison bringing Jean back from the dead with zero explanation and making the phoenix force a power she just has instead of it being a cosmic entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    - Xorn being Magneto.
    He always was. The retcon would be that he wasn't.

- Emma Frost's diamond power because 'planted' by Cassandra Nova
    I thought that was just an illusion, like Kitty's baby.

- Morrison bringing Jean back from the dead with zero explanation and making the phoenix force a power she just has instead of it being a cosmic entity.
    Neither of those happened during New X-Men. I'm not sure the second has ever happened.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I remember reading something by Morrison that it was an editorial thing that made Xorn Magneto, when Morrison had planned otherwise.
    I thought that was just an illusion, like Kitty's baby.
    I might need to go back and reread Whedon's Astonishing run but I never saw it as an illusion?

I remember reading something by Morrison that it was an editorial thing that made Xorn Magneto, when Morrison had planned otherwise.
    Xorn was always planned as Magneto.

What he does with his powers, the whole time, only makes sense, really, if he's got magnetic powers. With "healing" powers, he can't kill robots, shoot blasts, or rend steel. We just kind of accepted that he could because they said so.

BANNED

There's a bunch. Half of everything that's happened to Spider-Man in the past 20 years. Clone saga, Chapter One, the Other, OMD, Sins Past, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    There's a bunch. Half of everything that's happened to Spider-Man in the past 20 years. Clone saga, Chapter One, the Other, OMD, Sins Past, etc.
    Agreed 100% It's a real wonder why people still reads Spidey.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    How did he fix it?

Oh, my answer is also Snap Wilson.
    Not only did it ruin the history of a great character, it was also downright racist.
    Remeder has Sam mention that the existence of 'Snap Wilson' was just a rumour created by the Red Skull to ruin his reputation. Image-68-350x215.jpg
    But despite how racist Snap Wilson was, I liked the idea that the hero's sidekick was a terrible person created to be the perfect sidekick by the villain. Just the way they did it was clumsy and racist.
    Last edited by Mighty Roman; 04-23-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

I forgot to mention the retcon where Black Widow had her memories of her relationship with Bucky erased by a villain just to mess with him. Blatantly obvious how it was mandated by editorial to align with the movies, and a damn shame it had to be slopped together by such a talented writer before he left the book for good.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I agree. Xorn always was Magneto and always should have been. Marvel trying to change that (don't know what the status is now) was one of the worst Marvel retcons.

Mags under kick did what he did and he could have easily returned from his "death."

I will never ever accept that Xorn wasn't Magneto. One of the best reveals in comics.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I will never ever accept that Xorn wasn't Magneto. One of the best reveals in comics.
    I find it easiest to chalk it up to Wanda messing with reality.

And, since, these days, half the references seem to have Magneto as Magneto in Planet X, while the other half still hold to the two Xorns story, I suppose it makes more sense even than picking one and trying to erase the other.

Wiccan and Speed as the reincarnated souls of the Scarlet Witch and Vision's children.

If that's the case, than whose baby souls did Master Pandemonium graft to his wrists?

Huh? How do you explain that, Marvel?

All-New Member

The Hobgoblin was Ned Leeds. A great villian. This was ret-conned to be Leeds was just a brainwashed stooge of the Roderick Kingsley. Always hated this.