Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

No, shame on the editors. But I love Snap. He weren't green no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Messiah Complex. Completely inverting Bishop's backstory to shoe-horn him into the role of a Scary Black Man villain stereotype. Manages to be both a clumsy contradiction of continuity and horrifyingly offensive at the same time.
    I'm not sure how, it had nothing to do with race. But it was clumsy and weak to shoe-horn him for the sake of a twist, and unfortunate that he was vaguely seen as the only black guy.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    If it's good enough for establishing Sandman as a lost Osborn...

What kills me is that, as a mutant married to an Inhuman with a totally human daughter who's the granddaughter of Magneto everyone has vetted Quicksilver's genetics. He lived in the home of the High Evolutionary. He married into the royal family of the most advanced genetic-supremacist society on Earth. There was an entire Avengers/X-Men crossover about his daughter's lineage.

You'd think someone would have noticed.
    I am curious to see how they resolve this in Uncanny Avengers. If anyone was up to some highjinks it's probably the High Evolutionary since the birth took place on Mount Wundagore and he could have been tampering with the DNA.

Astonishing Member

Its kind of sad but most of the ret cons that I hate are X-related.Other than OMD that had me drop the title for years afterwards.

Bobby Drake...The Sleeper Gay
    Wolverine and the Romulus bullcrap
    Wanda and Quicksilver:The Maury Povich Edition
    Prof. X is A SCUMBAG TOUR.
    Bishop loses all Hope.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Messiah Complex. Completely inverting Bishop's backstory to shoe-horn him into the role of a Scary Black Man villain stereotype. Manages to be both a clumsy contradiction of continuity and horrifyingly offensive at the same time.
    They pretty much ruined his character.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Its kind of sad but most of the ret cons that I hate are X-related.Other than OMD that had me drop the title for years afterwards.

Bobby Drake...The Sleeper Gay
    Wolverine and the Romulus bullcrap
    Wanda and Quicksilver:The Maury Povich Edition
    Prof. X is A SCUMBAG TOUR.
    Bishop loses all Hope.
    Add in Nightcrawler: The Draco to that.

'I am the Devil, and I am your father. And I'm not actually a devil, I'm a mutant. I cannot leave the boundaries of my domain, so years ago I teleported to Earth to impregnate women who would birth children able to free me from my domain!'

'So if you couldn't LEAVE, how did you do that, Dad?'

'Um.... well... ****'.

They should have stuck with Mystique being his dad, and Destiny his Mom.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Everything to do with Nick Fury from Battle Scars onwards. Shameless attempt to replace him in what may be the most insulting thing Marvel's ever done to readers' intelligence. And to top it off, we get Original Sin as another F U, making the original Fury unlikable, old and essentially removed from the board for the foreseeable future to make way for their shoehorned MCU-inspired Fury.

Utter piss. Nothing else even comes close.
    Yeah even I can agree with this one. I mean one African American Nick Fury is enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    Brian Braddock - Guardian of the Marvel Multiverse 2000 - 2005.

Brian went from depowered Captain Britain to uniting the two sides of the Captain Britain Mythos, and effectively becoming the new Merlyn, back in 2000. Roma announced that, much like her father, she would be passing on and Brian was replacing her.

He appeared as such in the pages of Avengers, a few years later. Transforming Kelsey Leigh into the new Captain Britain of Earth 616. Wth Meggan at his side, echoing his own origin story, but with him and Meggan now in the place of Merlyn and Roma.

Roll on to 2005, and House of M, and it seemed that Chris Claremont never got the memo.

Roma is back from the dead, Brian is Captain Britain again, Meggan gets trapped in-between dimensions and Brian cannot get back to Otherworld. We were told that some force (which was never explained) was stopping him, at the start of New Excalibur. But by the time we had the crossover story with eXiles at the end of that run, this has been completely forgotten.

The entirity of this change, and how Brian was suddenly no longer the Guardian, was pretty brutally retoconned by a wruter simply pretending it never happened. No explanation, let's just move on.

Terrible storytelling.

Don't forget how they tried to "fix" Kelsey.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

'I am the Devil, and I am your father. And I'm not actually a devil, I'm a mutant. I cannot leave the boundaries of my domain, so years ago I teleported to Earth to impregnate women who would birth children able to free me from my domain!'

'Um.... well... ****'.

Perfect. A beautiful demolition of a phenomenally stupid plot. Destiny and Mystique would have been much better.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 04-22-2015 at 09:31 AM.
    "Self has no time for this."

'Um.... well... ****'.

wel that would have maka sense. but nope lets make some random devil dude kurts father

Adjudicator

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryfan View Post
    wel that would have maka sense. but nope lets make some random devil dude kurts father
    Come on with what marvel is done the last few years the must have a dart board.
    So who should we change for no reason for a cheap pop. Throws dart.

Astonishing Member

'Um.... well... ****'.

I never read Draco because Austen proved to be not my flavor way early.

Incredible Member

"One Moment In Time" - As if "One More Day" was not damning enough, revealing that despite wedding was cancelled, that Peter Parker's / Mary Jane's years together 1987-2007 still happened, but in living in sin.

Iceman was not a homosexual in 1964, nor was he in 1968, 1975, 1986, 1991, or 2014. I am just going to pretend he is straight, while ignoring the new books, until all is re-retconned, in order to preserve my appreciation of his character / past books he's in.

Fake Fury and chaining the real one to the moon.
    Changing the Maximoff's parentage.
    It was all Doom because the angel Wanda is going to be in a movie.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Fake Fury and chaining the real one to the moon.
    Changing the Maximoff's parentage.
    It was all Doom because the angel Wanda is going to be in a movie.
    The Parentage change from AXIS was just Bad Autbey, poorly executed & taking away to much good history. I want to see how Marvel explains this, but it will always be a bad call in my book.

Young Avengers: The Children's Crusade was BEYOND needed to at least & that is what its main goal was, at least get Wanda back into the Comics again & it achieved that & as a Fan I will Always be Appreciated to it after the HORROR & Mis-Leads that Bendis did to Wanda. Those Stories Needed to be Recon & Thanks Goodness for it!

More story came after & still want more to happen, the more more the better Autbey!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Sins Past and Sins remembered.

Gwen would NOT have cheated on Peter, and even if she did, she wouldn't have done it with Norman Osborn of all people. I think that they were originally supposed to be Peter's children, thank god that didn't happen.