Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I forgot to mention the retcon where Black Widow had her memories of her relationship with Bucky erased by a villain just to mess with him. Blatantly obvious how it was mandated by editorial to align with the movies, and a damn shame it had to be slopped together by such a talented writer before he left the book for good.
    Speaking of movies --- how about the unconfirmed (do it and hope no one notices) retcon of making the Guardians of the Galaxy Drax an alien with no connection to earth or Moondragon - his comic book version is now mor elike the movie version. Also, making Star-Lord a slacker rather than a 70s cosmic explorer space opera type of character.

Quote Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
    Lots of these aren't Retcons. OMD is NOT a Retcon.

The Wanda / Pietro when is a retcon of a retcon, but it is a pretty lousy one.

Then there are GOOD retcons, like ignoring the Crossing...
    Nick Fury is really old and used LMDs for all his adventures - Angela is Thor's sister - and Nick Fury is the father of Samuel L. Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Speaking of movies --- how about the unconfirmed (do it and hope no one notices) retcon of making the Guardians of the Galaxy Drax an alien with no connection to earth or Moondragon - his comic book version is now mor elike the movie version. Also, making Star-Lord a slacker rather than a 70s cosmic explorer space opera type of character.
    Didn't know about Drax. Didn't they revive him without an explanation too?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Sins Past and Sins remembered, how could they do that to Gwen. I would also say The Other storyline, with all that spider-powers thing, but I'm not sure if that counts as a retcon.

Age of Apocalypse suddenly occurring in an alt-Earth and not 616

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

The sudden reveal of Marcus Johnson as Nick Fury's "son" and gets shoved in as the 'Black Nick Fury' thanks to the movies. Come on, why can't G.W. Bridge who is an established black man in S.H.I.E.L.D fill the role as a new Nick Fury (and not Nick Fury's "son") or even if he's dead, at least try using the LMD version of him for diversity.

The horrible reveal of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch turning out as not the children of Magneto.

The most unbelievable and ridiculous idea that Xavier has a twin sister (Cassandra Nova) and Wolverine has a son who had been alive even though they would have been dead as babies - Cassandra survives in the sewer despite being thrown away as thought to be a stillborn baby and baby Daken survives even though he was torn right out from his mother's womb by brainwashed Winter Soldier.

Angela is brought into Marvel Universe and is suddenly revealed as Thor's sister.

One More Day, of course.

Iceman turned out to be gay even though present Iceman had a lot of relationships with women. It should turn out to be Teenage Jean Grey is just messing his mind.

Bishop gets turned into an Angry Black Man stereotype and hunts down Hope Summers

Romulus bullcrap and others in Wolverine "Origins"
    Last edited by MitchFox; 04-27-2015 at 07:07 AM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

BANNED

Bendis' "Crazy-as-fuck" Moon Knight. It just goes to show that MK's a really hard character to pull off, and Bendis is certainly not the right guy for the job. Man, was that an awful book...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The whole Jean Grey-Phoenix-Dark Phoenix pact thing still irks me.
    Yeah, that came out of nowhere. Why couldn't Jean just be some TK Queen? This Mad Cosmic God thing just destroys any potential for her to exist.

Here. Be the devil and make friends.

BANNED

Peter and MJ selling there marriage in exchange for Aunt May's life is still the worst. She was a sickly old woman, she even told Peter that she was tired and ready to rest with Uncle Ben. If anything her death could have been used to force Peter to realize that he can't save everyone and that death is a part of life that not even a superhero can escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Everything to do with Nick Fury from Battle Scars onwards. Shameless attempt to replace him in what may be the most insulting thing Marvel's ever done to readers' intelligence. And to top it off, we get Original Sin as another F U, making the original Fury unlikable, old and essentially removed from the board for the foreseeable future to make way for their shoehorned MCU-inspired Fury.

Utter piss. Nothing else even comes close.

I can see it was done for Fury to become the blind Watchers eyes from now on. Fury was always a questionable guy in a questionable business, so it doesn't surprise me he is assassinating people. Fury, being what he was, had to have consequences for that. Secret War, where he assassinated the Latverian Prime Minister? Fury was always like this. You can hate him for it, or respect him as a Punisher type character, but he was never going to be a clean skin. That he had sons that were secrets? Not unusual for a guy that can't have any ties to anyone, so he keeps them hidden.

That Marvel transformed the son into the movie version Fury? I shake my head at that. I don't see the reasoning, except that the MCU was an alternate reality in the Multiverse, so the Samuel Jackson version was a possible encounter sometime, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Sam Snap Wilson

Although the attempt to re-retcon was decent and at least more believable. Having Sam turn to crime after being hurt emotionally.
    And while I can thank Remender *ugh* for doing away with it being a fantasy, it was a terrible thing (Englehart) to do to Sam in the first place!
    If it happened in the books it's fact that he was Snap Wilson. How is Sam now denying it? Is he in denial, or, has something been done to him to wipe his memory? But he did do those things as Snap Wilson, right?

Are all these negative retcons to character the reason why the Beyonders are flicking through the Multiverse for the best versions they want? Maybe they have been noticing all the distasteful changes, like on a TV, and just decided enough is enough. "Look what you've done to my precious super heroes. I'll kill you!"

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Everything done to Spider-Man since JMS was on the book.

Whatever happened to Professor X, too.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Peter and MJ selling there marriage in exchange for Aunt May's life is still the worst. She was a sickly old woman, she even told Peter that she was tired and ready to rest with Uncle Ben. If anything her death could have been used to force Peter to realize that he can't save everyone and that death is a part of life that not even a superhero can escape.
    It was a technicality. Peter didn't like that the bullet was going to kill May. If she died of a heart attack, I think he'd be okay with that. I think Marvel can't bear the thought that May dies, more than Peter does, for story purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Remeder has Sam mention that the existence of 'Snap Wilson' was just a rumour created by the Red Skull to ruin his reputation. Attachment 21192
    But despite how racist Snap Wilson was, I liked the idea that the hero's sidekick was a terrible person created to be the perfect sidekick by the villain. Just the way they did it was clumsy and racist.
    Thanks!

10char