Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

Default X-Men #14 Discussion *SPOILERS*

I actually mostly liked this issue, but Monet is Miss Annoying Know-It-All/Do-It-All and Rachel needs to get over this ridiculous, childish grudge she has with Storm. It's really getting on my nerves. Glad Storm tells the team that they're going to vote on the leader, so hopefully that will shut the ginger up. I'm sorry to hate on Rachel right now, because previously I really liked her character, it's just lately….not so much.
    So glad that Kymera finally gets to do something, and I really, really, really hope she joins the team. Because that would be awesome. Still dying to know who her daddy is, and hoping that next issue we get to see her healing rapidly after that explosion or something and there's just a silent, 'Oh, Wolverine is SO her daddy' thing. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but… eh. :P Also, speaking of Kymera… Where the feck did that bird(?) come from that scooped Hamster-Shogo up while they were escaping the boom? Uh…so can Kymera just manifest/control/communicate with whatever animals but she just so happens to mostly like cats? Random.
    And is this the most racially diverse x-team or what? Kinda amused by that.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

no offense, I fell asleep twice reading this in the store.

And I call totes bullshit. Pixie on the cover, yet not in issue? We certainly get enough panel time for Kymera, for Christ's sake. Zzzzz.

It felt like there was more interesting stuff going on with Naughty Professor Psylocke and Bromo-Superior in the back-up than in the main storyline. That's really not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It felt like there was more interesting stuff going on with Naughty Professor Psylocke and Bromo-Superior in the back-up than in the main storyline. That's really not good.
    Same here. The art was nice but the general story was boring. And I'm really done with how Monet and Rachel are written. Storm's broken condom wasn't all that impressive but her cat was kinda okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yep that was the more entertaining part of the book. I'm done with the book for now and potentially coming back for Guggenheim.

It's taken way too long to get the "We're officialy a team now!" point.

I know it's been said a million times, but it still bears repeating. This whole leader thing is just so BIZARRE. I don't know why Wood keeps repeating this stuff. He just doesn't pick the right characters for it. In his last run he bizarrely had Colossus questioning Storm, and in this one he's got Rachel. Her being questioned is fine, but at least choose the right characters for it, and I think we all know that Rachel and Colossus aren't the right ones. Monet makes some sense, as she's always been bitchy and has no real ties with Storm. But the whole thing has just been a huge waste of time and I can't believe Wood thought that this was a good plotline to weave in throughout his run. So pointless.

did someone sign storm's mandate yet?

BANNED

Totally agree on the Rachel piece, that is not her normal personality. That said, I don't think she wants to be leader, I feel she just did not feel Storm could demand the role as up until now they were not a team. Woods stated that formalized Storm would be the leader and all the ladies are 100% behind her. I bet the vote is unanimous. Glad to have that over soon.
    Otherwise, a pretty boring issue. I am glad they are rebuilding Storm, even her future daughter is calling her out on her lazy bs and Storm as a character deserves better. If the characterizations get corrected by Guggenheim (if that is not the final arc of the series), it may be worth sticking with...right now, not so feeling it.
    This title as it stands for me is the epitome of "potential" that has been lost.
    Great cast, a past good writer, iffy art (since #4)...sad.
    High hopes for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyLovin View Post
    I actually mostly liked this issue, but Monet is Miss Annoying Know-It-All/Do-It-All and Rachel needs to get over this ridiculous, childish grudge she has with Storm. It's really getting on my nerves. Glad Storm tells the team that they're going to vote on the leader, so hopefully that will shut the ginger up. I'm sorry to hate on Rachel right now, because previously I really liked her character, it's just lately….not so much.
    So glad that Kymera finally gets to do something, and I really, really, really hope she joins the team. Because that would be awesome. Still dying to know who her daddy is, and hoping that next issue we get to see her healing rapidly after that explosion or something and there's just a silent, 'Oh, Wolverine is SO her daddy' thing. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but… eh. :P Also, speaking of Kymera… Where the feck did that bird(?) come from that scooped Hamster-Shogo up while they were escaping the boom? Uh…so can Kymera just manifest/control/communicate with whatever animals but she just so happens to mostly like cats? Random.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not the team will continue to let Storm be there leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyLovin View Post
    I'm still not sure what Kymera is, other than Storm's daughter- where/when did she come from, and what are her powers? And what does the panther have to do with her?