Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    was this much confusion when Nocturne turned up in the 616? Do posters discount she is Kurt's daughter?
    I think, because it was established from "go" that she was an alternate timeline it was less of an issue...?
    With the future X-men that came with the Brotherhood they are meant to be a direct result of the O5 being brought forward so events appear to matter more as each consequence will have a direct impact (which never seemed to matter in the past).
    While she may be a child of gaia, Storm does not seem the motherly type to me at all, but I could see her having a child to have someone to wait on her hand and foot and be her soldier. She may be trying to get to who the father may be so she can avoid interactions which may lead to K's creation (but doubtful).
    The whole future child thing is tired...that and given the future appears to only be 15-20 years in the future (based on the appearance of the established characters of the teams) Storm should be getting in her situation as we speak. Unless she has already off-panel that is her "original sin"...maybe K is already born and that is why Storm has been the way she has lately...? That would make a GREAT story (honestly). It would put some humanity back into the mannequin and make a solo series about her actually interesting (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    LOL @ storm texting logan to let him know they're an official team now. thanks girl.
    I thought that was funny as well.
    "Logan, me and the girls are a team now.
    Statement of intent - girl power, ass kicking and superheroing.
    Be a dear and fill out the paperwork."
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    "But we aren't an official team" - Laughing my @$$ off.
    Half the assembled X-Men teams are throw together ad hoc.
    The tap dance poor Ororo is having to do here just to get Rachel to settle down.
    Jeez it was Storm who said they weren't an official team last issue.

BANNED

Rachel even commented on them not being "official" in the first story arc when her beef with storm started.

I think she brought it up first.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Rachel even commented on them not being "official" in the first story arc when her beef with storm started.

Probably. Wood's whole take was that they weren't an "official" team even in interviews. His lack of understanding X-Men history is pretty annoying.

rachel may have been annoying about it but she's designed to be an annoying character.

storm looks very spineless in this scene explaining anything to rachel at all. where is the storm who would tell both rachel and logan to hit the road if they didn't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Jeez it was Storm who said they weren't an official team last issue.

Probably. Wood's whole take was that they weren't an "official" team even in interviews. His lack of understanding X-Men history is pretty annoying.
    I'm laughing at the fact that being an "official" team is even a story point.
    And that Rachel of all people is getting annoyed about it.
    Headmistress Storm shouldn't have to explain herself!

Fantastic Member

All of the characters are weird in this. Monet is ripping on Rachel who's ripping on Storm who's texting Logan to get a team setup.

BANNED

It just adds to the over all "forcing" of this. This isn't Rachel's first rodeo working on a team with storm as a leader.

Fantastic Member

It just adds to the over all "forcing" of this. This isn't Rachel's first rodeo working on a team with storm as a leader.
    Yup it just feels like Wood is writing his characters and the X-Men are forced into those roles.

BANNED

And I understand it...to a point. It would be like helping a buddy open a business, then suddenly he starts ordering you around and demanding compliance when you were just there to assist for the task. In the context of the X-men though the idea is a little silly as they are a team, always, and whether I currently care for the character or not, when Storm is present she is the leader (no other option is needed), no argument.
    I think the issue came up in this instance because the characters themselves made it an issue. Each one has commented on it...Storm, Psylocke, Rachel, Monet so that in turn makes the reader question it although it should have been resolved MUCH sooner than it has.

Sublime is clearly a bad influence.
    Maybe his thirst for power and control is rubbing off on her.

Fantastic Member

Sublime is clearly a bad influence.
    Maybe his thirst for power and control is rubbing off on her.
    The thing is...you could setup a perfectly good story between Storm and Rachel using their history together. Wood didn't and it's just eugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    And I understand it...to a point. It would be like helping a buddy open a business, then suddenly he starts ordering you around and demanding compliance when you were just there to assist for the task. In the context of the X-men though the idea is a little silly as they are a team, always, and whether I currently care for the character or not, when Storm is present she is the leader (no other option is needed), no argument.
    I think the issue came up in this instance because the characters themselves made it an issue. Each one has commented on it...Storm, Psylocke, Rachel, Monet so that in turn makes the reader question it although it should have been resolved MUCH sooner than it has.
    Rachel was the only one with the problem til Monet showed up and it became a duet.

BANNED

At least with the leadership bunk completed in the next few Wooden issues and Guggenheim's run they can now put on their official theme song "Run the World" when they enter a room, holding hands and giving face.