All-New Member

Default Omnibus reprints

Does anyone know where I can find a list of OOP Omnibus that are announced to be reprinted? If I know a reprint is imminent, then I may hold out instead of buying the trades. Thanks

Your guess is as good as everybody else from board. Marvel didn't reprint DD Companion what they should've been done considering how successful Netflix show was - second season is confirmed, yeah!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax100 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a list of OOP Omnibus that are announced to be reprinted? If I know a reprint is imminent, then I may hold out instead of buying the trades. Thanks
    As Ivizzz wrote, your guess is as good as ours. There is no such list, there is only speculation. Some of us hold out waiting for reprints, and then some of the trades go OOP, some of us buy the trades and then a reprint happens or we stumble upon a used copy at a decent price. It really is hard to say. For example, a lot of us are waiting for a reprint of the Daredevil Companion Omnibus. Some time ago, I ended up just buying the Man Without Fear PHC (this is now OOP and going for crazy money) and Born Again TPB (generally available). If the Omnibus gets reprinted, I'll buy it and probably just sell off the PHC and TPB.

It really depends on how much you want a certain run. I'm a Daredevil completist, so I purchased what was available. With certain other runs, I'm prepared to wait. I did so with Brubaker's Captain America, and managed to eventually pick up all the Omnibuses on the secondary market for under cover price.

For more discussion on this matter, check out the Marvel Collected Thread here and the DC Collected Thread here.