Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Help with Vision

Hi guys! Yesterday I saw Avengers: Age and Ultron and I really liked Vision. I haven't read many Avengers stories so I am not familiar with him in comics. Could anyone tell if the Vision in comics is similar to the one in the movie? Are there any good Vision stories I could look for? Thanks!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The movie doesn't open until May 1 in the US, and this site is US based.

I don't know what the Vision was like in the movie, but I believe Marvel just released a trade collecting some of his stories. Most of what I recall was in the Avengers issues, though I he's a had a couple of mini-series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The movie doesn't open until May 1 in the US, and this site is US based.

I don't know what the Vision was like in the movie, but I believe Marvel just released a trade collecting some of his stories. Most of what I recall was in the Avengers issues, though I he's a had a couple of mini-series.
    Ok. I'll wait a few days. I am in the UK and it was a preview showing.

Invincible Member

I don't know if you are a new comics reader period or just new to Marvel, so I'm not sure how you might feel about older comics. I'd say you might want to check out some of the 70's Avengers runs where Vision got a lot of emotional focus. I am particularly fond of the Steve Englehart stories for Vision-centric tales.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't know if you are a new comics reader period or just new to Marvel, so I'm not sure how you might feel about older comics. I'd say you might want to check out some of the 70's Avengers runs where Vision got a lot of emotional focus. I am particularly fond of the Steve Englehart stories for Vision-centric tales.
    I am not new to comics in general. I just haven't read many Avengers stories. I am not a big fan of silver age comics, but if I hear that something from that era is really good, I'll give it a shot.

Check out Avengers: Absolute Vision Books 1 & 2. Some of my favorite issues from Roger Stern's run. It features Vision heavily, but also deals with Monica Rambeau's Captain Marvel, Wasp as team leader, and Starfox's role on the team. Good stuff.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I can really recommend Avengers Origins: Vision #1, it adapts the birth of the Vision, his connections to Ultron (who created him in the comics) and his first encounter with the Avengers (in this case Hank Pym, Wasp, Hawkeye and Black Panther). And it has beautiful artwork too and is easily the best of the Avengers Origins books.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    Check out Avengers: Absolute Vision Books 1 & 2. Some of my favorite issues from Roger Stern's run. It features Vision heavily, but also deals with Monica Rambeau's Captain Marvel, Wasp as team leader, and Starfox's role on the team. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I can really recommend Avengers Origins: Vision #1, it adapts the birth of the Vision, his connections to Ultron (who created him in the comics) and his first encounter with the Avengers (in this case Hank Pym, Wasp, Hawkeye and Black Panther). And it has beautiful artwork too and is easily the best of the Avengers Origins books.

Thanks guys! Both suggetions are really helpful! One question about Avengers: Absolute Vision: What's the paper quality of these books. Sometimes thee pages of bulky books like these have that newspaper quality, which I really hate.

A couple of interesting bookends of eras of the Vision

and a useful video recap...

Amazing Member

If you're anything like me, you don't want to read old comics with old art. I've only been reading comics for about a year now, for Vision I'd suggest Avengers A.I, i loved Vision in that and is probably closest to the Vision in the movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by EgoManiac View Post
    If you're anything like me, you don't want to read old comics with old art. I've only been reading comics for about a year now, for Vision I'd suggest Avengers A.I, i loved Vision in that and is probably closest to the Vision in the movie.
    Thanks! Is that series any good? I've heard that Humphries is just OK at best.

When I read the thread title, my gut was to reply "get glasses!"

All you really need to know is that Ultron made Vision from the dead android body of the original Human Torch! That's his origin and no poorly written retcon is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    LOL! Good one.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    10charact

Fantastic Member

I saw that some Avengers trades with a focus on Vision are coming out soon:
    Avengers West Coast : Vision Quest http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ave...t-vision-quest
    Avengers : Vision and the Scarlet Witch http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/ave...scarlet-witch?

Are they any good for someone looking to know Vision?