Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Avengers: Age of Ultron (spoilers)

didnt notice a spoiler discussion thread, so im starting one, move/merge if there is one...

First off..
    my thoughts... it was a great movie. 2hr 30 mins i think. however it does have its share of issues..
    bear in mind i watched it in standard 2D cinema but , man... the effects... it was horrible! especially in the opening battle, the CG was just painful to watch. they move like ragdolls. a bit of exaggeration on movement. maybe i should have watched in imax? 3D? i dunno... i barely watch in the cinemas in the past few years..

speaking of opening battle.. what the heck happened? you know the feeling when you're following a comic, suddenly you stopped, and when you got back, ALOT has happened and you have no clue? well that was my general feeling. sure there a few mentions on what happened so far but as the film goes on.. it just suddenly feels like phase 2 films never happened, although they gave references to some of it. stark blew up his armors in IM3 for pepper.. here apparently he has tons of it again so it shows how much he thinks of pepper i guess? fury faked his death in winter soldier but here he's back full force as if shield never really disbanded. i suppose it will be addressed in AoS. oh and rhodes is war machine again much to my liking.

my nitpick of course is the banner - widow romance. so freaking cheesy.forced.predictable. besides it was confusing at first since i thought it was always hawkeye -widow,which sort of happened in the comics during the first movie, as well as that subtle hint in winter soldier.. but no all of a sudden hawkeye already has a family. also we're supposed to forget betty existed?

i like the sreentime balance between them all though. the only one getting the short end is vision understandably of course. but quicksilver and wanda are surprisingly enjoyable. i thought they wouldnt be able to top the DofP quicksilver , but i believe they did. so imagine my horror when he died. why???? just why???? if anyone shouldve died it shouldve been widow since it seems they really dont know what to do with her.

credits scene! Thanos! yeah!! you better do it yourself because you still have zero gems! you should have the mind gem and tesseract at least already if you just did things yourself! ...on the other hand.. so what was that glove in odin's place in the first thor movie? or are there alot of gloves that have gem slots in the galaxy?

Again great movie. im still debating in my head if it is the greatest of all MCU movies..probably not. im glad that this, despite a huge cast, contains actual character development. had a fine way of advancing the story. im actually looking forward to these "new avengers". im guessing they shouldnt have problems having them appear in a non-avengers movie since they're the second stringers or supporting cast before.
    Last edited by daisetsu100; 04-22-2015 at 06:49 AM.

The movie isn't out till next week.

Fantastic Member

its out in some parts of the world.. but yeah im not expecting alot of replies for the time being though.

Extraordinary Member

Just went and saw it! Man, it's good to be living in Australia

I give it 9 out of 10 [for comparison, the first Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy get a 10 from me.]

This movie is still great, but the last third of the movie was feeling a bit crowded. Vision comes in pretty late and I think that's a shame - it feels like he is just dropped in at the last minute.

Also, I don't know if it was the cinema itself but the sound mixing seemed a bit off. Some of the dialogue was hard to hear.

That said, I think this one is pretty amazing. Heaps of action but also some great laughs. The Iron Man/Hulk throwdown is epic. As a personal preference I would have like to have seen more action with Thor, but as a plus we FINALLY get a close up of him actually flying with Mjolnir.

And guest stars! Man, you can hardly move for the cameo appearances from other Marvel movies. LOL

Oh, and James Spader definitely puts his stamp on Ultron - won't be able to read him now without hearing Spader's voice. He is more sardonic than you would expect from the comic, but considering he is trying to emulate Tony Stark [as opposed to Hank Pym] that makes sense.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-22-2015 at 07:05 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

i dont think it was your cinema, as i had the same problems with the audio volume. did you watch it in standard 2D as well ?

Thor looked awesome in the movie indeed. btw Vision carrying the hammer, did that ever happen in the comics? i was totally expecting cap to carrying it at one point since thor looked pretty surprised. not sure if it budged though. maybe in infinity war.

BANNED

so who died anyway?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    so who died anyway?
    This guy.
    To be honest I saw this coming a mile away, after they confirmed Vision for the film.

Fantastic continuation to the MCU. Lots of stuff happened and despite the larger cast, it felt like there was more character development going on than in the first Avengers.

I'm very OK with Quicksilver dying. Thought it would have been Hawkeye, with the way they created a background for him, but Quicksilver was really out of the blue, kind of like that one character in Daredevil (if you've seen it, you know who I'm talking about). He was different enough from the DOFP Quicksilver anyway.

One of my favorite surprises was that they found really great ways to put War Machine and Falcon in the film. And I can't wait to see the next lineup in action. (But of course we know that Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man will be back in Infinity War)

What did everyone think of Wanda? What did everyone think of her Captain Marvel palette costume at the end?

Also were there any other female hero cameos besides Peggy?

Fantastic Member

so what killing pietro is Marvel's FU to FOX?? omg this is getting fucking ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    so what killing pietro is Marvel's FU to FOX?? omg this is getting fucking ridiculous
    I really doubt its about that. They went out to distinguish him from the DOFP character enough.

He was not even called Quicksilver in AoU.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Or TPTB at Marvel wanted to focus on Wanda and Visions's "relationship". Since they are married with kids in the comics. QS probably adds baggage to the Wanda/Vision storyline, they didn't want to address.

BANNED

Eh a robot getting laid seems an odd direction. Same as Vision lifting Thor's Hammer.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Or TPTB at Marvel wanted to focus on Wanda and Visions's "relationship". Since they are married with kids in the comics. QS probably adds baggage to the Wanda/Vision storyline, they didn't want to address.
    Vision and Wanda aren't currently married as im sure that kinda thing gets annulled once you learn your ex wife's mental breakdown led to your murder. None of my business though lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Did Vision and Wanda have some sort of relationship in the film? Did they interact by any chance?