Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Still, he seemed genuinely ready to give it a shot before she pushed him over the edge [See what I did there? ]
    I don't know. Frankly I'm a little confused about how much control Banner has over the Hulk anymore. The Avengers made it pretty clear that if he voluntarily transforms he can control it but if he does it involuntarily (like getting whammied by Scarlet Witch) he breaks lots of things. This movie further elaborates that he has trouble turning back into Banner even when he transforms voluntarily, behaving more like a wild bear. I wonder then who hung up on Black Widow and flew the Quinjet away? Banner, or the Other Guy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    How was the post Credits
    "Fine. I'll do it myself."

More Thanos buildup, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Are you guys serious?

LOL.
    Out of interest, how would you counter my criticisms on page 14 of this thread?

And this- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOWyepgHDw

Another thing that sticks out to me is the return of Fury at the end of AoU with a Hellicarrier and a reformed underground version of S.H.I.E.L.D., (groan- pure hollywood blockbuster nonsense) essentially showing the dissolve of the organisation at the end of TWS to be meaningless.
    Not that I or anyone else should feel compelled to defend their opinions to you, but yeah, I'm serious.

And I wouldn't bother trying to counter your criticisms, because I simply don't find the majority of them to be valid. Its seems to me like you went into the theater with a very specific idea of what this movie just had to be, according to you, which is really only an effective way of setting yourself up to be disappointed.
    I dream of a world where Marvel owns the film rights to all their characters. Every movie has every character making an appearance, Every. Single. Time. Like Bizarro Groundhogs Day. Because, comics. I call this place Hell.

I just have to ask as it's been bugging me, but when Ultron ripped off Klaw's arm did anyone know it was cybernetic (I'm assuming) at that time?

Because I missed any hint of that before that scene and at first thought Ultron ripped a human arm off. Of course with him not screaming in pain afterwards and actually still standing without a bunch of blood was a good hint something was up but it was not until the next scene with him where you could see something that looked like an electric spark coming from where his arm was did I figure it out completely.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    I just have to ask as it's been bugging me, but when Ultron ripped off Klaw's arm did anyone know it was cybernetic (I'm assuming) at that time?

Because I missed any hint of that before that scene and at first thought Ultron ripped a human arm off. Of course with him not screaming in pain afterwards and actually still standing without a bunch of blood was a good hint something was up but it was not until the next scene with him where you could see something that looked like an electric spark coming from where his arm was did I figure it out completely.
    I'm going to see it tonight again so I will look at that scene closer, but yeah...it struck me odd that there was no blood. I mean he has the materials and the connections to have something like that.....it could also tie heavily on his hate for Wakanda (aside from the brand maybe cutting his arm was also a punishment for stealing).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post

That said, I'm ready for Joss to bow out. Seeing as how this movie was so similar to Avengers 1, it's time for someone else to try and take this behemoth to new territory. I feel like Joss has done everything he's going to do with it. Another complaint was the quips...I feel like every scene had one, and this was an annoyance due to the obnoxious a-hole sitting in our row -- he felt like he had to laugh OUT LOUD at any semblance of a joke. The non-jokes got half-laughs...he realized he wasn't supposed to laugh, but revved up just in case. I missed a good chunk of lines because I couldn't hear them.
    I didn't have a problem with the quips although they irritated the heck out of me in the first film. In the first film RDJr seemed to be intent on pretending as if he was the high school smart ass. I felt the joking in this film was more appropriate and done in a way just to alleviate tension. Further the audience I saw the film with was mostly high school-college aged males and apart from who whoo-hoo yelling at the begining of the film when the heroes appeared. They were pretty much quiet for the whole film and laughed at the appropriate parts. In fact I probably let out more fannish cheers when Wanda showed her powers and Vision jumped out of the box etc.

Having had the night to mull it over I think two things really stuck with me

How much I liked Vision overall

and how seamlessly the passing of the torch scene to the new Avengers roster went

I'M BACK, CBR! HAHAHHAHAH Zero-Man's Avatar

I was thinking that Ultron was going to use the Cradle to build cyborgs as a means of evolving humanity instead of simply wiping them out. I think that might have been a better plan than simply wanting to cleanse the earth. It would have played up the god angle Ultron kept referencing if he was offering humans a chance to literally become more than what they are by melding them with technology.

I know that's not Ultron's motives in the comics, but it would have been an interesting way to go, sort of like the Borg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I figured that Ultron had just found a way to reverse the effects of the repulsor ray. Rather than push things away it pulls things towards it like a minor gravitation field with him at the center.
    Does Cap's shield counter that somehow? (I don't think it did on the freight-battle but, again, I've only seen it once)

If not, why the heck didn't he just tear Cap apart when they were in Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    There are a couple of theories floating around. In universe Tony thought "androids don't count" for the worthiness test, out of universe some people think it's because he's a newborn, and innocent by default.

I personally think it's because his body contains one sixth of the Cosmic Consonance of the universe. That ought to make him pretty darn worthy.
    I just figured 'Mind Gem one-ups Odin magic' and it overrode the enchantment. Besides, it's not like he used the power of Thor.

(But then I'm one of those who reckons Superman should be able to use Mjolnir as a blunt weapon (and only access the additional powers when 'needs must').

Anyway, SHIELD must have used machinery when the found Mjolnir in the first place...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I do want to address this point because I agree with you. The Avengers got off fairly lightly as far as we understand it and aside from destroying Ultron, took basically zero responsibility for everything that took place. Sure Stark paid to have a rescue and clean up crew do their thing in South Africa, but in some ways that doesn't feel like enough.

Banner at least should have turned himself in. I wouldn't expect Tony to do it, but I could imagine Bruce finally agree to being taken in and locked away for a long time between South Africa and Sokovia.

I think that we will see consequences for the government in Cap 3. The Avengers haven't had to answer to anyone, yet. They will, and that's when the Registration Act comes in maybe.

So can someone help me understand how the twins found Ultron to begin with? and why did Ultron need to build the vision? a friend of mine said Ultron wanted to put his mind in Visions body, but isn't vibranium better than whatever vision is made of?

Ultron was AI, a defense program created. so what did the mind gem have to do with Ultrons creation? that's not clicking for me either.

anyways I wasn't a huge fan of the plot, some holes I need answered, but nothing too major. Loved the action and character development and interaction. I'd say it's an 8 or 8.5/10.

and for people saying hulk and widow was random out of nowhere, how do we know what's happened between avengers 1 and age of Ultron between the 2? maybe banner has been taking her on dates. it is what it is, why do we need the relationship 100% explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    I'm going to see it tonight again so I will look at that scene closer, but yeah...it struck me odd that there was no blood. I mean he has the materials and the connections to have something like that.....it could also tie heavily on his hate for Wakanda (aside from the brand maybe cutting his arm was also a punishment for stealing).
    I don't think Ultron would have been so apologetic if it had been a mecha-arm - and he might have even suggested a replacement. Certainly didn't notice it as non-fleshy, and the sound effect when it came off was fleshy to me...

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    Loved it, but it's not without the standard issues everyone brings up...it's packed with so much stuff, and it could've been "cleaner." But, considering the feat, you don't really fault it too much...I expected some jaggedness. Like...you know...the "God pool." Whut? I get it, everyone wants Hemsworth shirtless...but, seriously, whaaa?

But, if someone paints this huge mural on the side of a giant building, you are impressed by the overall image...even if, when you look up close, some of the components are a little suspect. It's still a nice mural...just don't stand too close, or in this case, think too hard about it...God pool.

That said, I'm ready for Joss to bow out. Seeing as how this movie was so similar to Avengers 1, it's time for someone else to try and take this behemoth to new territory. I feel like Joss has done everything he's going to do with it. Another complaint was the quips...I feel like every scene had one, and this was an annoyance due to the obnoxious a-hole sitting in our row -- he felt like he had to laugh OUT LOUD at any semblance of a joke. The non-jokes got half-laughs...he realized he wasn't supposed to laugh, but revved up just in case. I missed a good chunk of lines because I couldn't hear them.

Impressive that all of the characters received sufficient attention. I'm only going to touch on new characters:

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were great. I loved the accents. I loved the different feel their powers brought to the equation. The creepy effect they used to have SW enter/exit scenes was great during the opening sequence of the film. Hoping that they do more to add nuance to her power set. I get that they are trying to simplify what she can do, but I want more than another version of Jean Grey.

I have to say this, because I'm noticing this a lot. I enjoyed the Quicksilver DoFP scene a lot, but the way that scene has been elevated to Sainthood by my fellow comic book movie heads has made me like it less, because I think it's so unbelievably overstated. The scene did not change anyone's life...not enough to warrant some of the things I've seen said in regard to this Quicksilver. People actually think Marvel killed off this QS because they saw DoFP and decided they could never do QS that well? Seriously? That's what we're going with? No...just no.

I found this Quicksilver much better than the DoFP version, which was -- ultimately -- a vessel for a special effect. It was a cool special effect, but it was a special effect...not a character. I hated that they killed off this QS, though I did feel it had the needed weight. It was a good scene, and it opens story possibilities for Wanda. However, I do want him resurrected -- in spite of all the naysayers, who would complain that death is meaningless in comics. I mean, yeah, death is meaningless in comics. So, bring him back, please.

Vision was great, and his scene with Ultron at the end was among my favorites in the movie. Paul Bettany is regal. I also totally called it...I knew the mind gem was in the scepter since the scepter was a thing. I know everyone else did, too. But, I'm in there!

Ultron was a ton of fun, and I enjoyed how he was basically an amalgamation of both of his fathers' personalities...the snark of Stark and the anger of Banner. It's hard not to like Spader, though. I'd group him with Downey, Jr. Any role he's in, you're going to like him...his aura overtakes the role. His voice is so transcendent, any line sounds great.

Serkis was great in his short stint. He made me excited for Black Panther. Okay, I was excited before, but now I have tangible evidence.

Man, I hate War Machine.
    I agree with everything you said

I'm with you, I hope they resurrect QS somehow, The chemitry bettwen Aaron and Elizabeth was great.

Scarlet Witch´s powerset being simplified is ok, they can evolve them later.There was a growth of her powers in the movie itself. I didn't feel she was Jean Grey-esque, she did remind me of the x-men evolution Scarlet Witch mixed with the Ultimate version.

I really quite enjoyed this movie. Yes, I enjoyed the first Avengers, Winter Soldier, and GotG more, but that just means this gets a 9 while the others get a 9.5 to 10!

I think my favorite 'new character' (Movie wise) was the Vision. Every bit of him just seemed spot on perfect, with an ideal blend of innocence and wisdom. In this version he really came across more as Ultron's brother than son to me, but it worked. I'm a fan of the character in his early comic appearances, so maybe that biased me, but I just had to smile every time he was on the screen.

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to thank Captain America for keeping the level of profanity in our movies down! Good on you, sir, good on you!
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I just figured 'Mind Gem one-ups Odin magic' and it overrode the enchantment. Besides, it's not like he used the power of Thor.
    That's true, plus the Mind Stone seems to be somewhat more powerful than the other Stones we've seen so far, having a limited sentience that now exists as Vision.

(But then I'm one of those who reckons Superman should be able to use Mjolnir as a blunt weapon (and only access the additional powers when 'needs must').

Anyway, SHIELD must have used machinery when the found Mjolnir in the first place...
    Shield never moved the hammer in Thor did they? They had to build a base around it. Even Stan Lee couldn't exert enough mechanical force to lift it!

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I think that we will see consequences for the government in Cap 3. The Avengers haven't had to answer to anyone, yet. They will, and that's when the Registration Act comes in maybe.
    Probably.

So can someone help me understand how the twins found Ultron to begin with?
    They had likely heard stories of someone strange being in the church, and probably wanted to see if it was the Baron. With the Baron gone they were a little lost and out to sea.

and why did Ultron need to build the vision? a friend of mine said Ultron wanted to put his mind in Visions body, but isn't vibranium better than whatever vision is made of?
    The body was for him, but his upload kept getting interrupted - first by Cho in Korea, then by the Avengers (and they were lucky in that regard as the upload was almost done).

The vibranium was meshed with engineered cells and tissue in the cradle. He told her he didn't kill her because her work with artificial tissue fascinated him. The Mind Gem then gave her the knowledge and understanding as to how to use the tissue and merge it with the vibranium properly.

Ultron was AI, a defense program created. so what did the mind gem have to do with Ultrons creation? that's not clicking for me either.
    The blue AI shown in the lab was what Jarvis decoded from the Mind Gem. Tony (and Bruce) tried to incorporate the Ultron AI they had come up with into the enhanced 'brain map' of the blue AI, but the Ultron AI didn't have the Jarvis or Friday protocols - the aim of the Ultron AI was too vast for Tony to map properly, and that had been the pit he had been trying to overcome.

and for people saying hulk and widow was random out of nowhere, how do we know what's happened between avengers 1 and age of Ultron between the 2? maybe banner has been taking her on dates. it is what it is, why do we need the relationship 100% explained.
    Nah, we know there have been no dates, only occasional flirtation.