Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I really liked it. The ending had me nerdgasming, the new line-up seems so promising
    I do wonder how long it will last, as I doubt Tony, Thor and Hulk will stay off the team for long. I was surprised Hawkeye didn't remain on the team as the movie really focused on why he's an integral part of Avengers, but I can't say I'll miss Renner. I enjoyed how they established his family and all, but at this point the comic version seems so much more interesting. The biggest downsize of giving him a family is that it makes it harder to adapt Fraction's run to a Netflix series (I'd have LOVED that so much).
    The Hulk/Natasha pairing seemed incredibly odd at first, but it actually grew on me. I think it ended up working in the context of the movie and it's definitely not the weirdest Avengers pairing, but I wouldn't like to be such a big focus in the future. Natasha should stand on her own for a while.
    Another thought I had while watching it is that this could have been a great way to introduce Spider-Woman. I know there were already a lot of characters, but with the plot about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver gaining their powers due to experiments by Hydra, it would make sense to at least hint at the existence of someone with a similar backstory. The ending with the introduction of the "New Avengers" made me want this even more and I still hope Jessica is introduced soon, maybe even in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I've become immensely fond of the Natasha and Bruce pairing thanks to the two movies, it felt well crafted and I liked how Natasha got to be different around him. The Hulkbuster battle was epic, hell every fight was amazing. Was kind of annoyed how they just kill Strucker off screen, another legendary Marvel villain who felt a little wasted, though I guess Zemo will fill that role nicely.

Ultron... wow, easily the best MCU villain after Loki, I was almost sad Vision destroyed him at the end, though with his sort of existence it's easy to imagine him uploading his AI somewhere just like the comics. Marvel should really be thinking of keeping some villains outside Loki active so when Infinity War rolls around Thanos has an alliance of evil to utilise to combat the Avengers.

I quite liked Clint having a family, married heroes are so bloody rare in the comics these days that it was brilliant to have that element of the Ultimate Universe (if tragically taken) brought in. Though I imagine I wasn't the only one thinking when Barton was on the phone that he was talking to Mockingbird from AOS.

Kudos to Weldon for once again giving everyone a role to play. And I LOVE the New Avengers line up. I don't know if it's just me but imagine how cool it would be if that planned Telltale Marvel game for 2017 was centred around the New Avengers - War Machine, Falcon, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Vision, possibly with Bucky as the new Cap for good measure? Since none of those characters at the time would had their own solo films, a game set in the MCU where you play as some or all of them and battling a suitable Avengers threat - say a revived AIM and MODOK, or the return of Sam Sterns Leader. With those cast members reprising their roles. Seriously would be epic to play an entire Avengers storyline with those guys.

Don't forget that we still have Armin Zola for Ultron to upload himself too and F.R.I.D.A.Y could make a great Jocasta.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    it's a pretty obvious precursor to the movie. everything is set up. metal men, gem, destruction.
    true. but if the metal men were indeed ultrons, timeline-wise when would ultron would've attacked the inhumans place? and why would he have bothered? tune in the next episode of AoS! i do hope it gets addressed

Incredible Member

Watched it today. All I can say is that it was very much underwhelming, much of the magic from the first movie was not replicated, the Whedon style was very much blatant throughout the film and it didn't leave me thinking better of Marvel or less interested in a DC film.

I will say that the character arcs for Hawkeye, Pietro and Scarlet Witch were great fun, Black Widow had an interesting (if trite in terms of romance) character arc, that genuinely had me shock at the one revelation she gave her romantic partner (yes, spoiler thread, but still...) and instilled so much sympathy in me that I almost forgave the script for giving her that trite romance. Almost.

Vision was nearly superflous however, and I never really felt Ultron to be threatening, more... a mix of pity and amusement? Cap, Thor, Iron Man didn't feel the same heading into this from their previous films, and I don't get why Tony was suited up from the start of the film. It would have been more meaningful if he'd had to suit up someway through the film, using his interface thing from IM3 at the start of the show or just letting it be Rhodey, instead of the wink to camera shite they did with him and Falcon right after one another. Not to mention that bit with Pepper and Jane.

I will say it was a very fun movie, but I could have sat down watching a movie piecing together and expanding on Hawkeye, Black Widow, Pietro and Scarlet Witch together besides anyone else and counted myself very satisfied, perhaps more satisfied than I was with this. The lack of meaningful Stark/Twins interaction was disappointing, as was the minimal use of Klaw. Tony has a bad reputation, it's the whole thing behind his impetus as a superhero. Characters like Wanda and Pietro would have been very good as sympathetic villains in IM3, especially as a prelude to this film, and especially over Not! AIM. Cap was largely bland, though he'd hit most of his beats in the last film and that was that, him just being the vet at this point with Widow. As for Thor... Captain Deus Ex, I guess.

Also, did I blink and miss the supposed black woman who was near the pool? Didn't see her at all. Found that odd.

First film I didn't stay to watch the after credits film, and coming after Guardians, this was a serious drop in quality. Still fun, but less enjoyable.
    Last edited by MrHashasheen; 04-29-2015 at 06:43 PM.

I am going to see it tomorrow. Can anyone who has already seen it tell me: IS there a post-credits scene??? I know there is a mid-credits scenes.. But is there one after the white letters in black background ends?

Extraordinary Member

$201 million I its first weekend.

Seen it 3 times now and me and my son will probably see it again this weekend
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I am going to see it tomorrow. Can anyone who has already seen it tell me: IS there a post-credits scene??? I know there is a mid-credits scenes.. But is there one after the white letters in black background ends?
    you don't have to stay right to the end. only one scene after the statue montage
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

i know they announced beforehand that there will be no scenes after the credits. but im still hoping that maybe the starting May 1 screenings, would have something added.

Much like how the first Avengers movie screenings, didnt have the shawarma scene at the end, and was only included in the release in May 4. So anyone in the US i guess, please do tell.

Incredible Member

*Ultron in Quinjet attacks Avengers*

Hulk screams and guards under the attack.
    Thor gets knocked off his feet.
    Quicksilver dies saving Hawkeye.

Now how would this go down in DC?

*Braniac attacks Justice League in jet*

Superman stands tall and the bullets bounce off his rigid abs.
    Green Lantern makes a bubble around himself or just grabs the jet
    Flash... catches the bullets.
    Yeah, DC is a lot harder to write.
    Last edited by whiterabbit; 04-30-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Maybe it's just me (and maybe he did fire a missile or something whenever he did it), but did no one else get confused with Ultron's 'wave and the road heaves' ability he showed in Korea while fighting Cap?

He did it to block Nat when she was on the motorcycle, forcing her to brake. There wasn't an explosion, the road tore and rose up (the way you would see Terra or Geo-Force or someone similar do it).

(By the way, Thor's right: Jane is better.)

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    It really depends where you are. For the Avengers there wasn't a post credit sequence here in the UK. It is still possible that a post credit scene will be inserted into the home market version.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    Vision was nearly superflous however
    Wow, I know different people see different things in movies but to me this film was 60% about the vision and possibly more. For me he was central to most of the plot from the moment Ultron starts looking for Vibranium. Even the party / hammer scene which we all had teased turned out to be Vision setup.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Worth it. but I thought Avengers 1 is better.

Did anyone notice with Clint's latest son name? Nathaniel, same name with "Nathaniel" Richards a.k.a. Kang the Conqueror.
    After fail negotiation with Fox about FF, Marvel ended them in comic. I thought maybe Marvel will refer him as Kang of this universe in order to license and prevent him from being use in FF films.
    ์In addition, time gem has not show up yet. It may possible that it is not appear in present, but in future instead. And may used by Kang as a tool for time-travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Worth it. but I thought Avengers 1 is better.

Did anyone notice with Clint's latest son name? Nathaniel, same name with "Nathaniel" Richards a.k.a. Kang the Conqueror.

After fail negotiation with Fox about FF, Marvel ended them in comic. I thought maybe Marvel will refer him as Kang of this universe in order to license and prevent him from being use in FF films.
    ์In addition, time gem has not show up yet. It may possible that it is not appear in present, but in future instead. And may used by Kang as a tool for time-travel.
    Nah, it was just a nod for Natasha as that was going to be the baby's name if it had been a girl.

'Traitor'.