Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I avoided reading most your posts to avoid spoilers. i have one quetion that wont effect the movie too much. Was there any black panther refference or one to t'challa directly?

After the above question is answered, can you tell me what the new roster looks like at the end? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I avoided reading most your posts to avoid spoilers. i have one quetion that wont effect the movie too much. Was there any black panther refference or one to t'challa directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    After the above question is answered, can you tell me what the new roster looks like at the end? Thanks!
    I sent you both a private message as I'm not sure if you would have wanted to accidentally know the answers to both if I would have posted here.

BANNED

I've heard enough bad news about this movie that makes me want to skip it. Quicksilver dies?! How disappointing. That was just the last straw for me. Joss can't be gone soon enough.

Amazing Member

Saw it this morning,

Loved it, very different from the first one.

I liked that the movie started straight in the middle of a mission, and not a load of exposition at the begining

As people have already said everyone gets some character moments and fairly balanced.
    The widow-banner thing, didn't mind much.
    Loved ultron, vision (especially after he wakes up and looks at thor and "grows" a cape)
    I liked most of the jokes all thought a couple fell a bit flat.
    Hulk vs "VERONICA" was awesome wouldn't have minded a minute or two more.
    klaw was excellent, also surprise they killed strucker so fast.. (not to mention Pietro.... really surprised about that)

and the end is good, but i am waiting to see how all this will tie in with AoS with all the nick fury turning up with a hellicarrier and the "Avengers Academy?" at the end : Is coulson still director? does he know about all this? when will he let the Avengers know he is still alive?
    Also digging the new "team"

Gonna let it all sink in and go see again at the weekend

Cheers

Really enjoyable film! I loved the scenes where they were hanging out. That's a side we don't often get to see in these big budget action movies. I also liked how much effort was put into saving civilians and evacuating the city. Small touches like that and the character interactions made the film for me.

The only thing I missed, was the cave/pool that Thor went into where had his 'vision'. What was that? I felt like it kind of came out of nowhere. Or that the explanation for him figuring it out was too convenient and quick.

Otherwise, I liked it. Shame Strucker wasn't used more. I really liked Hawkeye's story arc, also.
    Last edited by xMatt; 04-22-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Fantastic Member

one of the things i realized is how much it has lost its light heart fun that the first movie had. it didnt go all gritty. just .. i dont know, less of the cool moments and humor?
    also the the action scenes, while awesome, became too much in the sense that... you can barely grasp what exactly is happening. all you know is that the avengers is kicking ass. but it just goes by. especially in the last quarter..and they were defending that thing. the Hulk vs IM was great though.

the JARVIS that we know, i suppose he's gone? as we have FRIDAY now..although it was shown stark had a lot of those.
    regarding Thor in the cave.. yeah i didnt get that... but it must have been something said between him and selvig.. but hell i couldnt hear well in the cinema
    Last edited by daisetsu100; 04-22-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    i dont think it was your cinema, as i had the same problems with the audio volume. did you watch it in standard 2D as well ?

Thor looked awesome in the movie indeed. btw Vision carrying the hammer, did that ever happen in the comics? i was totally expecting cap to carrying it at one point since thor looked pretty surprised. not sure if it budged though. maybe in infinity war.
    My son and I saw in it 2D. Xander was the only person in the cinema under 18. He's 10, and yes it was a school night but my wife was feeling unwell and not up to it and the tickets were pre-purchased. And I thought - "What the hell, you only live once."

On reflection, I think I might have to mark this down to an 8 out of 10 [instead of 9]

Why?

Well, for one thing, I was disappointed Strucker dies. Not only that, he dies off camera, and that just seems a big let down after all the build up going on with HYDRA in Agents of SHIELD.

Also, Thor does look great but he is arguably the one of the original cast that gets the least amount of action time. Iron Man gets a big slice due to the Hulk fight, and Cap going toe to toe with Ultron in the chase scene gives him some great moments. That is also Black Widow's time to shine.

Thor, on the other hand, has a one on one slugfest with Ultron that goes for about 5 minutes but you only see the first and last 30 seconds of it.

I have to say it felt like the Hulk got punked a bit. The madder he get's, the stronger he gets, right? So the end of his fight with Iron Man was, for me, a bit of a let down. I can kind of see the logic of it - he is starting to calm down and that should reduce his power level, obviously. Stil.

And while we are talking Hulk. The whole Bruce/Natasha romantic subplot had me thinking "Um, remember Betty?" And she is even part of the cinematic universe. That seemed off.

Finally, Wanda's powers are changed substantially - she is actually more like Jean Grey then Scarlett Witch. Probably they thought the ability to change probabilities is hard to show on screen, but I don't think it's anything clever writing could not get around. They also use her "mind powers" as a big plot point to. But again, I think they could have dropped the telekinesis for probability, and said her mind manipulation is actually giving people a glimpse at other options for how things will go.

Still, 8 out of 10 is still very good. And some of these are ONLY because I am a big fan of the books and have certain expectations.

PS Vision and Thor's hammer. This is dealt with rather humorously at the end of the movie. But personally I agree with Tony and Steve. Android's don't count
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-22-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    regarding Thor in the cave.. yeah i didnt get that... but it must have been something said between him and selvig.. but hell i couldnt hear well in the cinema
    So that's three of us now who have question the audio quality. Interesting.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Did Vision and Wanda have some sort of relationship in the film? Did they interact by any chance?
    He saved her that one time. That was pretty much it.

Things I liked:
    Non stop action, more than the first
    The twins
    Visions look
    War machine was a nice suprise helping out
    New avengers at the end
    Hulk ironman fight was great
    Hawkeye came to life a little in this
    Tonys new suit in the last fight scene
    Hulk

Things I disliked:
    Bad camera work, very hard to follow at times
    Ultrons henchmen, fell apart to easy
    Floating city's
    No real pay off. The bar was set from the start.
    Thor's deemed sequence
    The story.

Overall the movie was great, 8.5/10

Spoilers ahead:

Am I the only one who thought Ultron was not a great villain? He started out strong, overtaking J.A.R.V.I.S., disseminating over the internet in order to build himself new bodies elsewhere, etc. But soon, he started with quips à la Tony Stark, which completely took me out of the movie. Seriously, enough with the non-stop quips already! I get that he was supposed to have aspects of Stark's mind within him, like J.A.R.V.I.S. (and like Ultron with Pym in the comics), but they could really have chosen another route than humourous remarks (which were frankly not that funny). They hurt his credibility as a villain, and even his demise was underwhelming (first with his "In hindsight..." line, then with his "Oh, for the love of God" line when Hulk boards the quinjet). Disappointing - I don't know how they managed to miss that this tendency to overuse one-liners would undermine this particular character.
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 04-22-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Yeah I had issues with Ultron as well. While physically imposing I feel like he could be any villain. Anyone who could manipulate Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, as they're the ones who did the most damage to the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So that's three of us now who have question the audio quality. Interesting.
    Yeah the audio was tough to make out in the Thor cave scene. Not only that, but it was so convenient and rushed, having such little explanation. What is it? Where did it come from? How did they know about it? How did it work to give him info on the Gems? The answer to all of these questions is basically "magic", which is a lazy storytelling tool in this instance.
    Last edited by xMatt; 04-22-2015 at 05:43 PM.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Fantastic Member

whatever happened to the bald woman on the trailer? she didint appear

Ppl keep saying the hulk vs hulkbuster fight was in wakanda? They are just open to outsiders like any other country?