Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Do they explain why they needed a plot-device to make Ultron work? I mean, didn't he already have the tech to create a fully independent A.I. army by the end of Iron Man III?
    JARVIS controlled those suits at the end of Iron Man 3 which was essentially attack Extremis heat signatures. The Iron Legion in Age of Ultron is a wider, watered down version. They act more as deterrents than actually doing much even though they do have basic repulsors. It isn't a plot device, it's a damn story.

What drives him is Scarlet Witch's influence, she has a great arc.

One of the only things that bothered me about the movie was where was Wanda's Magic? Apparently she was introducing magic to the world of the MCU but I didn't see any? Her powers were awesome and looked spectacular, don't get me wrong, I love the scene where she stopped the train, but I thought she was going to have a magical link. Making arcane hand gestures doesn't necessarily make something magic. But apart from that I still loved it, and I loved Wanda. Devastated about Pietro though.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Well, for one thing, I was disappointed Strucker dies. Not only that, he dies off camera, and that just seems a big let down after all the build up going on with HYDRA in Agents of SHIELD.
    The fact that Strucker dies off screen may be the tie in with AOS since it seems like they may get to him in the next few episodes. Then again, if the tie-in episode is after the film is released, it's a huge spoiler for the TV show. I could definitely be wrong!

BANNED

Ultron telling jokes and one liners? So the serious tone of the first couple of trailers are nothing more than part of a bait and switch?

Hulkbuster is named Veronica.

Veronica is the opposite of Betty in Archie.

Betty Ross is Hulk's former girlfriend.

Nice Betty reference.

From what I am hearing about this movie, it sounds like Black Widow got Betty Ross's role in the movie. It irks me but I will wait till I see the movie to judge.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Ultron telling jokes and one liners? So the serious tone of the first couple of trailers are nothing more than part of a bait and switch?
    He did say he is going to show us something beautiful.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Just got back from seeing this in the Manchester IMAX England, the first Avengers is my fav cbm of all time and I rate it 10/10... This one, I found to be a big disappointment and underwhelming.

Probably the main problem is the studios inability to take the source material seriously, the jokes early on at the Avengers party are fine, but when it comes to the final battle with Ultron, why are they still making light of every situation, it's as if whedon has to constantly excuse the source material with attempts at humour because he thinks he'll lose the gp if he doest.

Apart from that Ultron has no real threat or menace to him and you know this is all just stop
    Gap till Thanos, none of the action scenes have any memorable stand out moments like the first film, why does hulk not utter a single word? This is character regression, they seem uncomfortable having him speak which is retarded and why is cap not wearing his helmet in the final battle?

There was some good character focused stuff in the middle of the film but it's not enough. I wonder what Feige would say to me now with the disappointment in my eyes, I used to think he was the man, but why can't we have serious Avengers film dammit?

I hate to say it as a Marvel guy, but I think DC are about to show em how it's done with BvS & JL. I'd rate Age of Ultron 7/10
    Last edited by Dangerous; 04-23-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
    Fun fact/Spoiler: The new Avengers HQ/Avengers Academy that premiers at the end of the movie is in fact, my University, and those blue recruits running in the background, yeah I'm one of those extras. My claim to fame. (UEA in the UK if anyone was wondering)
    That's very cool

BANNED

I was only okay with the humor in the MCU because I thought we were going to get variety. I thought the guys in charge understood the value of variety in keeping fans interested. If every movie is going to be Def Comedy Jam... well, I'm about to lose all respect for Feige and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Just got back from seeing this in the Manchester IMAX England, the first Avengers is my fav cbm of all time and I rate it 10/10... This one, I found to be a big disappointment and underwhelming.

Probably the main problem is the studios inability to take the source material seriously, the jokes early on at the Avengers party are fine, but when it comes to the final battle with Ultron, why are they still making light of every situation, it's as if whedon has to constantly excuse the source material with attempts at humour because he thinks he'll lose the gp if he doest.

Apart from that Ultron has no real threat or menace to him and you know this is all just stop
    Gap till Thanos, none of the action scenes have any memorable stand out moments like the first film, why does hulk not utter a single word? This is character regression, they seem uncomfortable having him speak which is retarded and why is cap not wearing his helmet in the final battle?

There was some good character focused stuff in the middle of the film but it's not enough. I wonder what Feige would say to me now with the disappointment in my eyes, I used to think he was the man, but why can't we have serious Avengers film dammit?

I hate to say it as a Marvel guy, but I think DC are about to show em how it's done with BvS & JL. I'd rate Age of Ultron 7/10
    This is such a hard pill to swallow. I don't know if I can be any more disappointed.
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 04-23-2015 at 02:17 PM.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I was only okay with the humor in the MCU because I thought we were going to get variety. I thought the guys in charge understood the value of variety in keeping fans interested. If every movie is going to be Def Comedy Jam... well, I'm about to lose all respect for Feige and company.

This is such a hard pill to swallow. I don't know if I can be any more disappointed.
    It's just my opinion man, don't let it ruin ur day. But to me he felt like a Saturday morning kids cartoon baddie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    It's just my opinion man, don't let it ruin ur day. But to me he felt like a Saturday morning kids cartoon baddie.
    This is what I was afraid of. I was hoping that Joss would go in a different direction this time around. From what I've been hearing, Ultron is just another forgettable villain. So lame. So So lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
    Fun fact/Spoiler: The new Avengers HQ/Avengers Academy that premiers at the end of the movie is in fact, my University, and those blue recruits running in the background, yeah I'm one of those extras. My claim to fame. (UEA in the UK if anyone was wondering)
    Ha. That's awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Just went and saw it! Man, it's good to be living in Australia

I give it 9 out of 10 [for comparison, the first Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy get a 10 from me.]
    This gives me pause. So essentially the film is a slap stick comedy for frat boys? How much was Pietro and Wanda in it?

Saw the film earlier tonight, my first thoughts:

- Was disappointed in the death in the final fight scene. I also thought they would save him with Cho's regeneration chamber.
    - When I got home I saw this article that quotes Joss Whedon saying that these big fights need death/loss to be significant (http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...coulson-dead):
    There’s a thing where you can do that so many times and there’s nothing at stake....I think it’s disingenuous to say we’re going to fight this great battle, but there’s not going to be any loss.
    - Totally confused/surprised by Hawkeye's family. It really seemed to me like they got to a point in the writing "we need somewhere for the team to escape too that is absent of technology so Ultron can't follow them.... OK, how about Hawkeye has a secret family that lives on a farm?"
    - Could any of this be founded in any comic book history?

- Didn't like the BW/Hulk relationship, and actually thought the reaction from fans would be a lot worse than what I'm reading so far. I felt it totally reduced Natasha's character to romantic interest with very little payoff.

- I love how they're still able to find ways for the heros to fight each other, which is "essential" for any good team-up. There's Iron Man v. Hulk, and a brief Cap/Iron Man sequence. Any others? I thought I remembered there being a couple more. I guess QS + SW v. Avengers might count too.

- Didn't know if Helen Cho was from Marvel canon. A quick google search shows she's Amadeus Cho's mom. Cool.

Fantastic Member

@Ari Clint's ultimate marvel version had a family. but they were killed early on.

i honestly thought while watching, when they revealed clint's family, that they were already setting him up for death. they i remembered.. he was scheduled to appear in the next Cap film..

so i guess they had to kill off someone new much to my dismay. wasn't aaron taylor signed to a multi-film deal? (im hoping for a eventual return)
    ofr maybe they can use that thing they used for Coulson in AoS. and he starts to have inhuman-related visions too.. leading him to Crystal ?
    Last edited by daisetsu100; 04-23-2015 at 04:16 PM.