Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Well the next Avengers movie is Infinity War directed by the Russos, and I'm sure if they really wanted to use Pietro for whatever reason, there's plenty of ways the Infinity Stones could be used to resurrect him.

Its not like Wanda doesn't find ways to resurrect people literally all the time anyway. Its kinda her shtick. Jean Grey dies and comes back from the dead, Wanda kills people/gets people killed and brings them back from the dead..

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Just got back from seeing in 3d. I loved it. Great character development. Really interesting stuff between Natasha and Bruce. Pleased Hawkeye had a major role. I found Wanda's power set to be confusing. I thought the twins' accents were unintentionally silly at times. I thought the climax was genuinely thrilling with high stakes, and a sad loss with QuickSilver's death. Man that sucked. Still, after Coulson anyone can come back I guess...

The Vision was AWESOME! Loved the way they did him. And a connection with Wanda already being developed. Cool :-)

Mid credits scene: No surprise with Thanos. Me & my buddy stayed to the bitter end as usual. Don't bother, it just says The Avengers will be back. Or words to that effect. I pointed out to my buddy what a long way we've come from staying to the end of the credits in the cinema for Iron Man for the Nick Fury scene.... And every Marvel movie since. The MCU has just exploded! Now post credits scenes are just a bit flippin' passe! :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I was only okay with the humor in the MCU because I thought we were going to get variety. I thought the guys in charge understood the value of variety in keeping fans interested. If every movie is going to be Def Comedy Jam... well, I'm about to lose all respect for Feige and company.

This is such a hard pill to swallow. I don't know if I can be any more disappointed.
    haven't lost respect to feige just yet. he has a good success ratio still. but i have completely lost respect for whedon. he's seemingly a one-trick pony. i'm really glad he's not in for the Infinity War. he could have turned thanos into a joke.

Ant-man's big shoes to fill keep movie goers interested in marvel movies just became bigger. i can see that people will finally be tired of marvel after this. hopefully i'm wrong though. marvel movies are the only ones i watch in cinemas for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    Mid credits scene: No surprise with Thanos.
    Yeah, that was a let down. After GotG I was hoping for something super-engaging.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

These Ultron spoilers sound really disappointing. He looked so awesome in the trailer. Marvel was in desperate need of a really menacing villain, another joke machine is lame.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yeah, that was a let down. After GotG I was hoping for something super-engaging.
    yeah all this did was made me ask.. so what was that glove that was in odin's place? bootleg ? or maybe someone got it back for thanos during Thor Dark world ?

to anyone with sharp eyes, did you notice if thanos at least has one gem in the gauntlet ?

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    to anyone with sharp eyes, did you notice if thanos at least has one gem in the gauntlet ?
    I thought I noticed NONE, but can't say that with certainty.

I like many was shocked at the demise of Pietro. Hopefully they find a way to bring him back. Inhumans (2019) perhaps?!

I enjoyed the interaction between Clint and Pietro, it was suttle and not all in your face constantly. But i was taken aback by Hawkeye's family. It seemed to come out of nowhere. I still hold out hope for a Clint & Bobbi union.

Overall the movie was good - but the end felt rushed, including the mid credit scene (If you blinked you could have missed it). At least thats what it seemed at the time. A rewatch might change my perception.

I like the line up of the new team though - the next outing should be interesting.

BANNED

As far as the Glove, Remember that Loki was working for Thanos. I'd assume that With him being the ruler of Asgard now, that's where he gets it from. So both gloves are simply the one from Thor. Loki just finally held up his end of the bargain.

Fantastic Member

Thanos is weird. so he gave the mind gem to Loki so he can obtain the teseract (space?) gem.... where at one point he already had both, but didnt give it back to Thanos, presumably the deal was Loki to use the teseract to send in an army to destroy earth. based from the midcredit scene of avengers though, thanos seemed to have another ulterior motive for earth .. conveniently there was another gem on earth aether in Thor Dark world after which was sent to the Collector. In Gotg, he sends Ronan to get the another gem, but ronan uses it instead so now its in Nova corps hands, and the one the collector had, we dont know..

And now all of a sudden "ill do it myself" damn, if he done it himself from the start, he probably has 6 gems already. so when he's getting the mind gem, what will happen then to poor vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Didn't like the BW/Hulk relationship, and actually thought the reaction from fans would be a lot worse than what I'm reading so far. I felt it totally reduced Natasha's character to romantic interest with very little payoff.
    So it reduces Tasha's character but not Bruce's? Why do you feel the impact is only on the female character?

This wasn't Tauriel going from Super-Warrior-Elf to weeping damsel in distress that constantly needs saving by various male characters - That's reducing a character to a romantic interest with no payoff whatsoever. This was about two seemingly different characters sharing a darkness, their own 'monsters'. For me, it made perfect sense, never felt forced and at no point made Widow any less of a bad ass than she's been since IM2.

Incredible Member

Anyone mind spoiling the team lineup at the end of the movie? I'm assuming its a mix of the old lineup, Vision, Scarlet Witch and maybe Falcon or War Machine but are there any surprises?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Anyone mind spoiling the team lineup at the end of the movie? I'm assuming its a mix of the old lineup, Vision, Scarlet Witch and maybe Falcon or War Machine but are there any surprises?
    Cap, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine and Falcon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Just got back from seeing this in the Manchester IMAX England, the first Avengers is my fav cbm of all time and I rate it 10/10... This one, I found to be a big disappointment and underwhelming.

Probably the main problem is the studios inability to take the source material seriously, the jokes early on at the Avengers party are fine, but when it comes to the final battle with Ultron, why are they still making light of every situation, it's as if whedon has to constantly excuse the source material with attempts at humour because he thinks he'll lose the gp if he doest.

Apart from that Ultron has no real threat or menace to him and you know this is all just stop
    Gap till Thanos, none of the action scenes have any memorable stand out moments like the first film, why does hulk not utter a single word? This is character regression, they seem uncomfortable having him speak which is retarded and why is cap not wearing his helmet in the final battle?

There was some good character focused stuff in the middle of the film but it's not enough. I wonder what Feige would say to me now with the disappointment in my eyes, I used to think he was the man, but why can't we have serious Avengers film dammit?

I hate to say it as a Marvel guy, but I think DC are about to show em how it's done with BvS & JL. I'd rate Age of Ultron 7/10
    On the contrary. I took that as Whedon's understsnding that comic book movies should be fun. Not the god-awful, depressingly dreary mess we were served up in Man of Steel.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-24-2015 at 03:39 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    On the contrary. I took that as Whedons understsnding that comic book movies should be fun. Not the god awful depressingly dreary mess we were served up in Man of Steel.
    ^^This
    Sure, you can have variety - I loved daredevil on Netflix, but off the back of that AoU was a perfect counterbalance. I really didn't need more grimdark MCU.