Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

I'm sorry but people have been whining before the movie was released about how nobody significant dies in these movies but the minute they do kill off someone important, folks are quick to cry for a swift resurrection.

I'm sorry but Coulson and Bucky being brought back from the dead or seeming dead in the latter's case was enough. The MCU doesn't need anymore characters to come back from the grave.

Quicksilver is dead and I hope he stays that way.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Âgree about Quicksilver.

My initial prognosis was too harsh on this film, I went in with ridiculously high expectations (I was expecting the Empire Strikes Back of Avengers), and then when I didn´t get it I felt underwhelmed and ticked off.

Truth is, this is a VERY good comicbook blockbuster and I´d now rate it an enthusiastic 8/10 against the first film´s 10/10. There´s so much to ´Age of Ultron´from character exploration to philosophical musings sandwiched between numerous eye melting action scenes that it can be hard to digest all in one go. I definitely hope we get the 3 hour plus directors cut on DVD/Blu ray and not just deleted scenes. I think a longer cut would help it flow much more.

My only real complaint was that I felt they got the balance of quips to seriousness slightly off in the final battle which took away from the threat of the situation. Glad the Winter Soldier team are taking the reigns for Infinity War cause they got that balance just right. I´m off to watch it again tonight and then I´ll post my concise list of bullet point pros and cons.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 04-24-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Fantastic Member

i plan to watch this again maybe after a month (im assuming it will still be in cinemas like the first movie).
    Right now to me its a middling 7/10, but having only seeing it once, thats not my final final rating of it.

To those who are complaining about Banner/Hulk 'cheating' on Betty, this is something that has happened in the comics, even when they were married and before she died. Jarella was a major love interest of the Hulk in the 70s (Although this might have been mainly when Betty was with Talbot), He had a brief relationship with SHIELD agent Kate Waynesboro, there's that whole thing with Marlo in Vegas (When he was married, although this was mainly the Grey Hulk's doing). There's of course a few relationships in between (even if you don't count the Bruce Jones stuff) and of course Planet Hulk although that's when Betty was deceased. Banner isn't exactly Peter Parker.

Astonishing Member

So the only thing I really care about - how was ATJ's portrayal of Quicksilver? Does he get to do anything particularly cool?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    ^^This
    Sure, you can have variety - I loved daredevil on Netflix, but off the back of that AoU was a perfect counterbalance. I really didn't need more grimdark MCU.
    It doesn't have to be "grimdark." They only need to give the team a real threat and treat it with some seriousness for a change. The Winter Soldier was a great example of the tone more - not every - Marvel movies should have. I'm getting wore out on the jokes.

The jokes - always with the jokes! I'm not mad, just disappointed that a movie with Ultron as the villain is more hilarious than frightening. I posted the following frame from an X-Men comic in another thread a while back; it didn't make much sense then because I left my reasons sort of undisclosed but it might seem more appropriate now:

I don't expect many people to enjoy that as much as I do. ;P

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I know this is a spoilers thread, but check out my entirely spoiler-free review here. In short, I really, really liked it but I do have a couple of reservations.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The only thing that spoiled it even slightly for me was that I spent an hour crapping myself because I thought they were going to kill Hawkeye after finally starting to use him properly!

And seriously, people are saying they want Pietro brought back? ! The films have already used that chestnut waaaaaaaaaay too much, we don't need to be going back to that well again already!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    The only thing that spoiled it even slightly for me was that I spent an hour crapping myself because I thought they were going to kill Hawkeye after finally starting to use him properly!

And seriously, people are saying they want Pietro brought back? ! The films have already used that chestnut waaaaaaaaaay too much, we don't need to be going back to that well again already!
    Should have just offed Thor. Would have been the perfect lead in to Ragnarok while simultaneously diminishing the Avenger's power base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Should have just offed Thor. Would have been the perfect lead in to Ragnarok while simultaneously diminishing the Avenger's power base.
    And then what, do a Thor film with no Thor? Not sure how well that would do....

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I'm a bit annoyed that Quicksilver died, the whole kill a twin trope doesn't sit well with me and I really wanted to see more of them as a team.

They took his body so I'm sort of hoping he might get put into TAHITI or something but I doubt it will happen.

It just feels like a waste of a good character.

Do we have any pics of the outfit Wanda was wearing at the end?

Part of me really hopes after all the messing Marvel have done with Wanda and Pietro to get them in line with the films, that no one told them they were going to kill Quicksilver! !!

All-New Member

Really hated the movie. I think the first one raised the bar too high, proving that sequels are never good. Here is what I didn't like.

- Quicksilver's death. I mean, kill Hawkeye! The whole movie is building up towards Hawkeye death anyway, and he has already been in three movies.
    Instead, you kill a character with so much potential, in and out universe. Think about it, standalone tv series (his one liner "Wow, that's cool" regarding SHIELD really made me think that he would be the star in the next John Ridley TV Series), protagonist with Wanda in Inhumans, etc
    You killed character that appears in less than 1 hour in the whole MCU and had no fanbase such as Coulson (who's death really made me sad). And his death didn't pay off in-universe, because Wanda's reaction was a cliche (the whole "shout and release use a really powerfull attac"), and it lasted 2 minutes, as later she was already happy and on her feet in the new team. If they would have killed Hawkeye, fans would have really felt his death, as he became so lovable throughout the film
    - So many jokes! Mostly in the "climax", if you could call it climax, as without a real threat I don't know how to call it. (I won't dig up on this item as everyone is already complaining, I don't want to be so redundant)
    - They present us a really badass character (Vision) who is mostly left out in the final battle. I mean, we see him "corrupting" Ultron for 3 minutes and afterwards he is missing for the whole next 30 minutes, only to appear at the end for a good still of the full roster.
    - Strucker's death, it was barely mentioned, and happened off-screen, a missed oportunity (I think his death will be one of the deleted scenes)
    - So much time wasted in preparing us for the next movies in the MCU. The whole Thor leaving WHEN HE IS REALLY NEEDED for a setup towards Ragnarok. Klaw (or Klau) losing his arm setting us up for Black Panther. BW and Hulk setting us up for.... no, sorry, the only thing they did well won't be explored.
    - Overcrowded. Falcon, War Machine, Helen Cho, Selvig, Maria Hill and Fury had less than 4 scenes each. I mean, if they had told Falcon and War Machine to really help them on the last battle, maybe Pietro would still be with us.
    - Wasted mid and post credit scenes.
    - So much time focused in Scarlet Witch and none spent on Quicksilver. That seems unfair.
    - Ultron's powers are not really convincing. He kind of "lifted" the streets once or twice, I mean, what was that? A giant magnet?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fededm97 View Post
    I mean, kill Hawkeye! The whole movie is building up towards Hawkeye death anyway, and he has already been in three movies.
    I really liked this part of the movie, the way they really set up Hawkeye as someone to die. They introduced his family, gave him a pregnant wife, and then he didn't die. I thought that was cool.

Quicksilver's death not so much.

I really dislike this idea that someone has to die for the stakes to be bigger. His death added nothing.

Coulson's death brought about the final act of the movie, Quicksilver's death did nothing. Such a waste and cheap twist.

Spectacular Member

Just back from watching it. Loved every minute of it