Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,012 of 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Something I noticed on a recent rewatch, Widow is ALWAYS on a vehicle to hide her pregnancy. She drives the truck in the opening, she has the motorbike, she rides the cradle, she drives a bulldoser at ultrons, she drives the truck with Hawkeye talking about the kitchen.

I get that she was pregnant but damn, this isn't almost as bad as the time Desperate Housewives tried to hide Marcia Cross's pregnancy.
    I didnt even know Scarlet was pregnancy or notice any of this so with that said, Marvel was successful with whatever they were trying to achieve

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Why use Ultron? An AI that threatens humanity has been done to death - made Avengers feel like a Terminator rip off (yes I know which came first, etc).
    He's a team threat that would also introduce Vision, who in turn is using an infinity gem and thus part of a larger picture

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Big iconic Avengers villain you still have the rights to and is not Loki... Not many of those around to pick from.
    And it actually fits better with the characters for Stark to do this than Hank Pym.

And how is the story even remotely similar similar to Terminator? Are you saying Terminator is a similar story to 2001: A Space Odyssey because there's an evil AI in it?
    The idea of robots going rogue has been done to death in movies is what I am saying. And the Ultron origin could be linked to Marvel continuity by Stark just stating here is an AI program that was designed b y Hank Pym that he left behind but I am playing with, etc. An easter egg if you will - but that is not here or there - having a killer robot turn on its human creator is as stale as one can get.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He's a team threat that would also introduce Vision, who in turn is using an infinity gem and thus part of a larger picture
    Still seemed less riveting a villain than I expected.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

after rewatching it a bunch of times, i can say that ultron is one of the favorite MCU villains to date. (i haven't watch jessica jones so i can't give my thoughts on kilgrave, though i've heard nothing but good things)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    The idea of robots going rogue has been done to death in movies is what I am saying. And the Ultron origin could be linked to Marvel continuity by Stark just stating here is an AI program that was designed b y Hank Pym that he left behind but I am playing with, etc. An easter egg if you will - but that is not here or there - having a killer robot turn on its human creator is as stale as one can get.
    Ultron being designed by some nobody with zero connection to the MCU Avengers would have made the story a lot weaker.

If Hank Pym can be the only one that created Ultron then Ultron would simply not have been in the movie and Stark and Banner would have created a different menace. Because it's not about Ultron. The big picture is about the development of Stark and Rogers. And considering that Hank Pym is actually in the MCU, and not a computer/robots guy, him creating an AI makes no sense anyway.

Killer robots turning on their creators are about as stale as superheroes saving the world or alien invasions or secretive government agencies going rogue. Superhero stories thrive on these ancient tropes.

Besides, I suspect that you would not find a Pym-created Ultron a Terminator rip-off at all.

BANNED

My biggest issue with the use of Ultron was that it was a waste of James Spader. Much like it didn't make any sense to hire Christopher Eccleston to play a villain and then not give him any line chewing monologues to spout, or to hire Judy Greer to appear in a what was ostensibly a comedy and not give her any funny lines, hiring James Spader to be a speechifying villain and then burying his facial contortions and physical tics under a motion capture robot was a waste. The should ave used him to play Kang. A megalomaniacal world conqueror from the future would have been right up Spader's alley, plus Kang's costume wouldn't have hidden Spader's face.