Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Default Best Tablet for Comics?

So currently I have an Ipad 2, it is almost 4 years old, and I am thinking of getting a newer tablet specifically for comics. I was thinking of a Kindle Fire HD or a Nook HD Plus. As they are a lot cheaper than another ipad and have HD screens. I was just curious if anyone has any expeirence with them, or any advice on what to get. I would keep my current ipad and still use it for certain things, but the new tablet would be for mainly comics, and books.

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    So currently I have an Ipad 2, it is almost 4 years old, and I am thinking of getting a newer tablet specifically for comics. I was thinking of a Kindle Fire HD or a Nook HD Plus. As they are a lot cheaper than another ipad and have HD screens. I was just curious if anyone has any expeirence with them, or any advice on what to get. I would keep my current ipad and still use it for certain things, but the new tablet would be for mainly comics, and books.
    My 13.3 Inch Hanspree tablet works great for comics

Amazing Member

I have a Nexus 7 and I love it. I think the screen makes the graphics look really good.

BANNED

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, and the screen is almost the same dimensions of a comic book. It's pretty nice.

I haven't had much of a problem with the iPad for comics. Do you not like yours for that purpose? I'm not a huge apple guy, but I can't deny I love the iPad. It's great for consumption of all sorts of media. Comics included, in my experience.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Well my Ipad has a crack in it, doesn't really affect reading or operations, I just kind of want a new one. I wanted a cheaper one because I didn't think my wife would let me spurge on an iPad Air. However she said I could for Fathers Day! Whoop whoop! So I'll either get an air or and ipad with the retina display. Can't wait!

Only thing I would recommend is getting something with a full sized screen. I have an iPad 4 (I think). It rocks.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Only thing I would recommend is getting something with a full sized screen. I have an iPad 4 (I think). It rocks.
    I have an iPad 2 and it works great for comics.

All things equal I think the screen size is the biggest factor... as big as your budget allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    I have an iPad 2 and it works great for comics.

All things equal I think the screen size is the biggest factor... as big as your budget allows.
    I have the 2 also. I don't have good enough eyes to really notice the resolution difference. I love reading comics and watching movies on that thing. It's great.