Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Bendis, Alonso Share Intentions Behind "All-New X-Men" Outing

"All-New X-Men" writer Brian Michael Bendis addresses concerns that the outing of an original X-Man member constitutes bi-erasure.

Full article here.

Wonder when and where Adult Bobby will deal with it. X-Men 600?

What i find really sad is that this drab sparks more attention than the stuff Marjorie Liu did with the character in her run on Astonishing.
    Pull list:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Looking forward to X-Men 600 now.

Ultimate Member

Almost makes me wonder if the adult Bobby will question his own sexuality before staying where he is and/or that the younger Bobby will stick around for a bit and that'll be his entire storyline...

Amazing Member

I blame Bruce Jenner.

Not everyone becomes honest with themselves and others about who they are at the same point in their lives. This already feels like one of those tales.

I fully expect adult Iceman to cometh out of the closet after being outed/supported by his younger self.

That said, making Bobby bisexual would be the safe way to pander to both audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Wonder when and where Adult Bobby will deal with it. X-Men 600?
    Yep, that was confirmed in the article.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Incredible Member

They might be trying to close the door on him being bisexual, but that is a massive middle finger to all of the heterosexual relationships he's had. Making him bisexual allows for them to tell stories of him coming out and having relationships with other men while also preserving the honesty of that history.

I've said it before in other threads. I have no problem with Iceman being gay. I just think it feels really forced, like it's some kind of gimmick to make Iceman more relevant. Let's face it, he's the only one in the O5 who hasn't had anything meaningful happen to him since All-New X-men began. This just feels lazy in that it's a quick way to really shake up his character. It's kind of like the recent retcon surrounding the Maximoff twins. It feels like a cheap way of shaking things up. Plus, Iceman has been surrounded by powerful telepaths since X-men began. It's kind of random that it's coming up now of all times. I don't know if there's a way to explain this, but with so few issues left in Bendis' run I feel there are too many plot holes to resolve at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    What i find really sad is that this drab sparks more attention than the stuff Marjorie Liu did with the character in her run on Astonishing.
    That run wasn't very good.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

You ever have one of those friends who came out, and your reaction was, "Yeah, and...?" because it was totally not a surprise? That.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    They might be trying to close the door on him being bisexual, but that is a massive middle finger to all of the heterosexual relationships he's had. Making him bisexual allows for them to tell stories of him coming out and having relationships with other men while also preserving the honesty of that history.
    Nothing about the history has been changed by this. It was still 100% sincere.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've said it before in other threads. I have no problem with Iceman being gay. I just think it feels really forced, like it's some kind of gimmick to make Iceman more relevant. Let's face it, he's the only one in the O5 who hasn't had anything meaningful happen to him since All-New X-men began. This just feels lazy in that it's a quick way to really shake up his character. It's kind of like the recent retcon surrounding the Maximoff twins. It feels like a cheap way of shaking things up. Plus, Iceman has been surrounded by powerful telepaths since X-men began. It's kind of random that it's coming up now of all times. I don't know if there's a way to explain this, but with so few issues left in Bendis' run I feel there are too many plot holes to resolve at this point.
    Actually from what I have read this has been guessed and surmised for ages. For a lot of fans of Iceman, this didn't feel forced or out of the blue at all.
    Pull List

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Yep, that was confirmed in the article.
    I missed the last line of the quoted part! >_>

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Him not being bisexual isn't a big deal and it's not a BIG FU to his hetero relationships. They still happened. They are still authentic. People come to different realizations at different times in their lives and the older Bobby never was "forced" to come to terms with his feelings. Many closeted guys suppress their homosexual feelings and have families. That may have been adult Bobby's path but younger Bobby is free now to explore his true feelings.