Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who should we believe? (All-New X-Men #40 spoilers)

Well what if adult Iceman says he's really straight while the teen Iceman insists that he is gay? Who should we believe?

little iceman..the one who isn't lying to himself.

Adult Iceman will come to terms with it soon enough: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...w-x-men-outing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    little iceman..the one who isn't lying to himself.
    For the sake of discussion: Adult Iceman, the one who has actually been romantically involved with many females. It's like asking people's opinion on a movie, I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the person who has seen it.

Honestly at this point I view the 05 characters as separate from their present day versions, so if the adult Iceman is straight and 05 Iceman is gay I really won't have a problem. Besides as long as he continues to be fun character who says and does funny things, I really don't care who he decides to date.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I believe the telepath who told young Bobby that she knows he's gay and thus stops him becoming the repressed overcompensating older iceman.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Older Iceman. Just because people assume someone is gay does not mean that they actually are. If the situation was reversed would you believe young iceman or teen jean?
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 04-22-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post

Well what if adult Iceman says he's really straight while the teen Iceman insists that he is gay? Who should we believe?
    Teen Iceman's sexual orientation was confirmed by telepathy from another person with no apparent interest in lying. (I really doubt that Jeen brainwashed a straight Bobby into being gay so that she could talk about cute boys with an O5 X-Man.)

It's the adult Iceman whose statements I would be curious in. Much would depend on whether or not he acknowledged the past confusion and upset that his teenage self mentioned. If he did acknowledge this, but said believably that this was a phase before he became whatever he was, I would be more inclined to believe him. If he responded by demanding to know who brainwashed his younger self to believe this, I would be less so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly at this point I view the 05 characters as separate from their present day versions, so if the adult Iceman is straight and 05 Iceman is gay I really won't have a problem. Besides as long as he continues to be fun character who says and does funny things, I really don't care who he decides to date.
    You have a point because somehow the young 05 stories seem to be different from the adult 05 stories like the first X-men comics show Scott was called Slim, Iceman had side shapes than circular and most of all the the 05 costumes are different from the original x-men costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    You have a point because somehow the young 05 stories seem to be different from the adult 05 stories like the first X-men comics show Scott was called Slim, Iceman had side shapes than circular and most of all the the 05 costumes are different from the original x-men costumes.
    Not to mention the power upgrades like Jean telekinetic energy blast and the newly Cosmic Angel. At this point enough has changed where I don't really see them as the same characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Not to mention the power upgrades like Jean telekinetic energy blast and the newly Cosmic Angel. At this point enough has changed where I don't really see them as the same characters.
    They aren't the same anymore, but they still came from the same place and their present counterparts so if one of the O5 are gay then their older counterpart will be too, it doesn't change.

I thought they explained that the shock of her future is what caused the barrier's to Jeans powers to crumble?

BANNED

I agree with you on this.

Spectacular Member

It's not a question of belief or lying, both are offensive.

The adult is a result of many experiments and the teenager is someone who is still discovering the world and himself.

In other words the adult is the end result of the choices made in the past if no one interfere changing the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    They aren't the same anymore, but they still came from the same place and their present counterparts so if one of the O5 are gay then their older counterpart will be too, it doesn't change.

I thought they explained that the shock of her future is what caused the barrier's to Jeans powers to crumble?
    I meant the new power adult Jean never had that 05 Jean got in the Trial of Jean Grey.

Edit: Perhaps it's like a reverse alternate future. The X-men have had a number of adventures where they met alternate future versions of themselves that were different then how they were, it's no different now except the alternate future for them is the present we have been reading.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-22-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    Words to live by.