View Poll Results: Who is the Best LGBTQ Supporter of the X-Men??

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeen/Jean Grey

8 15.09%
  • Emma Grace Frost

18 33.96%
  • Alison Blaire 'Dazzler'

9 16.98%
  • Ororo Munroe 'Storm'

6 11.32%
  • Rogue

4 7.55%
  • Rachel Anne Grey Summers

1 1.89%
  • Robert Drake 'Iceman'

4 7.55%
  • Other (Please list)

3 5.66%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Who is the X-Men's Greatest LGBTQ Advocate/Supporter/Icon??

With the recent coming out story with Iceman yesterday, people just can't get over what a great supporter Jeen is for the LGBTQ community. I define Advocate as someone who may not be a member of the LGBTQ community, but fights and stands for equality for all. Who do you think in the X-Men qualifies for this title?

While Jeen Grey is getting the spotlight attention right now for her alliance, people seem to forget that her older self Jean was a firm believer and fighter of equality for all.

Then there is Emma Frost, who could be seen as a gay man in a woman’s body. She is campy, fabulous and flamboyant; all the normal traits gay men like to admire in a woman. However, Emma’s support for the LGBTQ community came early in her teen years when she discovered her brother was homosexual, and firmly stood behind him against her bigot family.

She can be described as an ally who shows genuine support and see’s everyone as equal regardless of sexual orientation. When Benjamin came out to her, she acted like it didn’t matter, because it had nothing to do with the mission. In other instances she is shown taking a stand against bigotry and disrespect for the gay community, such as the time she told Hank to stop pretending he’s gay when she knows he isn’t (Which what he was doing was hugely offensive to the gay community!)

Then there is Dazzler, who would be described as the “faghag” or “fruit fly” of the X-Men. (A woman that likes to hang out with good looking gay men) As a dance pop diva, it can be assumed her general audience is gay men, so of course she would be a huge supporter. However, when General Howlett outed himself to her and when Northstar was on the team, she just couldn’t get enough of being their main hag!

There is Storm, who is speculated to be a member of the LGBTQ community, who has always treated people with equality and fairness. As one of the longest X-Men team leaders, she always went out of her way to make everyone feel good about themselves and told them to appreciate themselves from how they were born.

Then there is Rogue, who her herself was raised by a same-sex couple when growing up. Rogue was exposed to diversity at such a young age, and knows what it’s like to be segregated or closeted from society. As one of X-Men’s prime heroines, Rogue once hated herself but now loves herself for everything she stands for. She continues to help out society and others love themselves for being a mutant or LGBT member.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

I voted Emma. Her personal story and the way she acts towards LGBT is clearly presented on page. And I'll vote Emma in whatever poll there is. Either positive or negative.

EDIT: I miss Clay Mann drawing the X-Men
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Emma for me.

She has had a lot of close proximity to LGBT issues and from Iceman, it looks like she's been really respectful of his secrets from when she was in his body. Can't ask for more than this.

BANNED

Emma is: abusive, racist, a backstabber, manipulative, cowardly etc idk why any gays would identify with her.

I should have voted for Storm.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    I voted Emma. Her personal story and the way she acts towards LGBT is clearly presented on page. And I'll vote Emma in whatever poll there is. Either positive or negative.

EDIT: I miss Clay Mann drawing the X-Men
    Same. She's also been pretty inclusive when it comes to any mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Emma is: abusive, racist, a backstabber, manipulative, cowardly etc idk why any gays would identify with her.

I should have voted for Storm.
    Was*
    Have you missed the last decades of X-men?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Emma for me as well.

Storm is an actual gay icon.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Mystique? She was in a relationship with Destiny, and if Claremont had his way Mystique would have been Nightcrawlers father and Destiny his mother.

Emma Frost, duh.

This this thread is closed.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Storm is an actual gay icon.
    What has she done FOR gays, though? I assume as much as her fellow x-men, but not specifically for them.

And can someone explain why she is a gay icon? I know she is, but I've never known exactly why in comparison to any other X-man/woman
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    What has she done FOR gays, though? I assume as much as her fellow x-men, but not specifically for them.

And can someone explain why she is a gay icon? I know she is, but I've never known exactly why in comparison to any other X-man/woman
    I think it can be inferred that Storm is someone who caters to many different audience and is widely embraced by many within lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities. She is strong, sassy, badass, gorgeous and has a huge showing. Men want to be like her and women want to be with her.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Storm doesn't have a huge showing, lol.