Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville

Default Smallville

"I recently started rewatching Smallville to freshen up for the season eleven comic. Been a LLLOOONNNGGG time since I've seen a lot of this and I thought it would be cool if we could talk about it." - by wyokid

Bringing here the solicitations:

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11: LANTERN #1
    Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
    Art by MARCIO TAKARA
    Cover by CAT STAGGS
    On sale APRIL 16 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 4, $3.99 US RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    The Green Lantern ring for space sector 2813 was inactive for years after Krypton's end, until the creation of the Argo colony recalled it to service. As none of Zod's followers are suitable candidates, the rings search brings it to the nearest Kryptonian it can recruit! SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 continues in "Lantern" part 1 of 4!

Looking good, mr. Welling! :biggrin:
    Source: NEWSARAMA

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11: LANTERN #2
    Art by MARCIO TAKARA
    Cover by CAT STAGGS
    On sale MAY 14 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 4, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    Clark Kent is just beginning to grasp the potential of the Green Lantern ring, but all of John Stewart's training hasn't prepared him for the battle they're about to face. Will Clark need to use his natural super powers to defeat an enemy John fears?

Source: Newsarama

by Cat Staggs (gattadonna)

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11: LANTERN #4
    Art by MARCIO TAKARA
    Cover by CAT STAGGS
    On sale JULY 9 • 40 pg, 4 of 4, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    Fighting a pitched battle against the strength of Parallax, John Stewart is able to regain his Green Lantern will. But will the change come in time to defeat Parallax’s minions?

Spectacular Member

Now that Adventures has been cancelled this is by FAR my favorite title followed by Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmountainslim View Post
    Now that Adventures has been cancelled this is by FAR my favorite title followed by Action Comics.
    Good to see you here! And totally. The Smallville comic has been really really good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Good to see you here! And totally. The Smallville comic has been really really good.
    Good to be here. Now lets build this forum BACK to it's former glory!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmountainslim View Post
    Good to be here. Now lets build this forum BACK to it's former glory!
    Of course! Here's the link if you or other members want to bring their posts from the old thread:

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....lle-Discussion

Hope this helps!

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

I was always put off by Smallville and didn't like the idea of a decade long drama and soap opera-a-tized television series. I always stayed away, but, just like any Superman content out there, after all this time, I always find a way to give it a chance and delve into it. Heard nothing but great things about the comic, which perked my interest in the show to give it a go (I always have a hard time keeping up with television anyway, even the stuff I'm into.)

So I went to Wal-Mart and purchased the full season 1 and snagged the latest Smallville season 11, #3 Alien comic for a nice test run!

The "Lantern" arc has been really incredible! Highly recommended for anyone not already reading it.

It's all up to individual taste, of course, but I find season 1 to be the weakest season. The show really starts to hit its stride with season 2. So if you don't care for season 1, don't lose hope! It gets better!

Incredible Member

the lantern arc have been really enjoyable so far. I have just caught up to all the Smallville season 11 arcs that have been out so far. Bryan Q Miller is the best thing to happen to Smallville so far.

Incredible Member

I totally thought Batman was going to get a yellow ring, this was so much better.

BANNED

Great to see Harley Quinn!!
    Liking very much Takara art, great see another brazilian penciller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Heard nothing but great things about the comic, which perked my interest in the show to give it a go (I always have a hard time keeping up with television anyway, even the stuff I'm into.)

So I went to Wal-Mart and purchased the full season 1 and snagged the latest Smallville season 11, #3 Alien comic for a nice test run!
    Yay! I hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I totally thought Batman was going to get a yellow ring, this was so much better.
    I was surprised too, I wasn't expecting what happened.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Yay! I hope you like it.

I was surprised too, I wasn't expecting what happened.
    yeah I like how Bryan Q Miller is expanding on elements of the Smallville bigger DC Comics Universe although it kind of been weird to have all this history with Green Lantern(three human Green Lantern, not counting Alan Scott, the Parallax wars, etc) happening without Clark or any of the other Smallville/JL Members not really knowing or talking about it. I kind of understand with Batman but Green Lantern corps appearing before Clark became Superman is kind of harder to swallow, but I guess if the JSA, Black Canary, Aquaman, Impulse, etc can run around without Clark and the crew not knowing about it until they actually come to Smallville or Metropolis. I like how they handled these twists and still remaining faithful to the mythos and love how John Stewart is treated and handle.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Great to see Harley Quinn!!
    Liking very much Takara art, great see another brazilian penciller.
    I was hoping someone would mention her, I loved seeing her this time as Dr. Quinzel.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Best. Reaction. Ever!!! Harley Quinn sees SVSuperman for the first time: