Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Convergence #3 - Reactions, thoughts, questions....

Overall, I felt it was better than the previous 3 issues. I feel like the story is starting to pick up the pace a little bit.

The one question I had is about Monarch. Is that supposed to be the Captain Atom version (from Countdown to Final Crisis) or the Hank Hall one (from Armageddon 2001)?

Always Rakzo

I actually thought this was worse.

The characterization is starting to get worse.

I cringed at the "i can't feel my legs line".

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He says as he clutches his side and gets back on his knees.

Also, the digital version of this comic showed the same page twice lettered differently. Was there not an editor or something?

Convergence probably isn't the best DC event for me to read haha. I started reading DC comics when they launched the new 52 so all these different earths and characters are lost to me, but Im enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Also, the digital version of this comic showed the same page twice lettered differently. Was there not an editor or something?
    Well, at least it's only in digital. Which is bad, but can be worse. Jeez...

I wanted to facepalm at the Morrison villains like Pyg, Flamingo, Doctor Hurt etc. and how again their characteristations were atrocious.

Ugh, I don't think Flamingo can even speak in Morrison's Batman & Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Sadly, I have read worse..lol...There was an issue of Countdown to Final Crisis that had a line way worse than that...lol...

Superman Prime.jpg

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I wanted to facepalm at the Morrison villains like Pyg, Flamingo, Doctor Hurt etc. and how again their characteristations were atrocious.

Ugh, I don't think Flamingo can even speak in Morrison's Batman & Robin.

Glad I'm not reading, because I hate how Morrison's characters are butchered and neutered and watered down after he leaves writing them.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This event has been pretty boring, wish they advertised the main series as an E2 event beforehand. I seriously could care less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This event has been pretty boring, wish they advertised the main series as an E2 event beforehand. I seriously could care less.
    I think other character will show up, new 52 characters from the solicits;

Telos can kill entire cities but can't kill the earth 2 survivors

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I think other character will show up, new 52 characters from the solicits;

Telos can kill entire cities but can't kill the earth 2 survivors
    They will just be more survivors from Earth 2 (who *are* new 52 characters) - remember the series is about them constructing a new society so the survivors will turn up for that to happen....

More generally even given this stuff is filler, this is all pretty weak stuff - some of the dialogue is terrible and the tie-ins are either repetitiveness, a wasted opportunity or don't really represent the characters they are suppose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Sadly, I have read worse..lol...There was an issue of Countdown to Final Crisis that had a line way worse than that...lol...

Superman Prime.jpg
    Ugh! I forgot about that one.
    And I thought the "One-Face" line was bad. Someone should make a collection of those.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I gave week one a big chance and by week two decided these characters are better left in the past and experienced by reading back issues.
    Most probably is due to the fact I am more interested in the current D C characters and look forward to reading over 30 comics through out June.
    Having read and collected comics for almost fifty years, I can quickly decided how I will end up feeling about an event like this and weather
    I will even save the issues; so with this I just buy a few tie-ins to mostly pass the two months until D C gets back the business I care for.

I think the writing is feeling more haphazard and scattershot as things continue. There was zero emotional impact in the death. Its basically reading exactly like an irrelevant, space-filling story. Which leads me to believe more and more that's exactly what it is. Which is fine, that was always its intent when you get right down to it and this isn't some sort of crossover that's needlessly getting in the way of my books, the break was necessary in this case so I can't be mad about it. But its going to be a long wait regardless.

But if the quality is this bad in the side issues, the chances of anything spinning out of these stories later takes a big shot, imo.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-22-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El