Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Green Lantern Movie debate

Over the Last Few Months to A Year Ther Have been many Speculation who will be the Green Lantern in the movies(Hal vs john).

with the new DC Cinimatic line of movies who do you think Should be the lead(should not Deserve)Because they all do.

If I were to pick I would go with him I Mean who wouldn't trust his life to him:

daffy-duck-green-lantern.jpg

Green Loontern was fantastic! Kevin Smith showing up at the end as the voice of Hal Jordan was surreal.

For the actual movies I'd be fine with Hal or John.
    The TV universe is doing so well, I would love to see a GL show up there too.
    Since TV is focusing on his palls Ollie and Barry, maybe have Jordan show up there.
    And give the Movie franchise to John.
    On the other hand, I'm kind of tired of the constant debate between those two. And the idea that the ring would only repeatedly find the qualities needed to wield it's power in earth men*, is kinda nauseating.
    Also the movie JL is sorely lacking in female rep.
    So if they really want to make a bold statement give it to Jessica Cruz!

*(Jade wasn't chosen by the ring, she was born with the powers internalized)
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-23-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Over the Last Few Months to A Year Ther Have been many Speculation who will be the Green Lantern in the movies(Hal vs john).

with the new DC Cinimatic line of movies who do you think Should be the lead(should not Deserve)Because they all do.

If I were to pick I would go with him I Mean who wouldn't trust his life to him:

daffy-duck-green-lantern.jpg
    Fantastic pick man

I'd still prefer Hal Jordan, but the most important thing is they give whoever it is a much better script.

Heck, if they could find a way to do it? I'd go for all 4 Earth Lanterns at the same time. Call it a glitch, call it a cosmic emergency, Ganthet defying Guardian tradition and sharing the wealth... whatever. It could work.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Hmm.

Can of worms potentially about to open here matey.

I'm a fan of all the Earth Lanterns and firmly believe that all of them have brought something special to the lore. My favourite Lantern is Hal Jordan. I'd prefer any reboot to at least begin with him and then (in an ideal universe) expand to include the others. The last GL film was pretty much a flop though. Despite the conspiracy theories that have been endlessly debated on here ad nauseum, for me the reason for the films failure was easy to explain away. It was average at best and not a patch on the comics we've been enjoying in the past 10 years or so. It got crap reviews from the off and never recovered from there really. I could understand if, because of that, WB/DC went in a different direction.

Let's put it this way - if they went with John I'd be comfortable with that and certainly wouldn't start spouting crackpot theories.

It's far more important that the film is good, whichever Lantern it focuses. The licence has been given a second chance. It won't get a third.

BANNED

I'd love it if they went with someone totally expected like Simon, Kilowog or Arisia.

Just typin'

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Heck, if they could find a way to do it? I'd go for all 4 Earth Lanterns at the same time. Call it a glitch, call it a cosmic emergency, Ganthet defying Guardian tradition and sharing the wealth... whatever. It could work.
    I'd go for Hal and John and just establish the two-per-sector out of the gate. Not that many people know the limits (or that it was later changed)

John is more known for being on the JLU but his solo stories are lacking, Hal has all the connections. Put them both together and you get the best of both.

BANNED

Parallax/Hal would be the perfect villain not only for a GL movie but also a JL sequel, it would explain everything. And John Stewart or Kyle Rayner or both ast the GLs.

BANNED

Green Lantern Corps is the only wise decision. It's perfect for world building and it'll allow DC to open up their cosmic universe more. Also, I'm sure by that time most of us will have had enough of superhero movies only centering on one alpha male type character, with GLC they can add diversity in gender, race, and species.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I'd love it if they went with someone totally expected like Simon, Kilowog or Arisia.

Just typin'
    It would be mind blowing if Simon were used.

I think a great darkhorse pick would be to go with Jessica Cruz. Odds are it will be either Hal or Stewart though.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Guy or Kyle. But honest preference? Mogo all the way.

BANNED

Guy or Kyle. But honest preference? Mogo all the way.
    If Mogo does Appear in the movie I Hope john will not be in It simply Because:

1827476-glc_60_legion_cps_027_028.jpg

Run mogo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    If Mogo does Appear in the movie I Hope john will not be in It simply Because:

1827476-glc_60_legion_cps_027_028.jpg

Run mogo!!!
    I obviously don't read many comics but, they killed Mogo? Argh!
    What was the story there?

BANNED

I obviously don't read many comics but, they killed Mogo? Argh!
    What was the story there?
    It was way back In 2011 in the War of the green lantern story but dont worry mogo is alive and well.