Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My suggestion for GL movies is to avoid switching back and forth between OA and earth. Can put Hal Jordan on earth with JL. There can be a separate space movie about the GL corps that don't need to feature Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This is who is our movie GL should be

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    It was way back In 2011 in the War of the green lantern story but dont worry mogo is alive and well.
    That's good. Even though I don't really read the books, for some reason I have a soft spot for a sapient planet as a GL.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    My suggestion for GL movies is to avoid switching back and forth between OA and earth. Can put Hal Jordan on earth with JL. There can be a separate space movie about the GL corps that don't need to feature Hal Jordan.
    That'd be the best probably. Hal in the JL, John, Guy, Kyle, and everyone else in space.

BANNED

I Love Everyone's opinions on this matter but if I will have to choose I will go with kyle.It's time for a new blood someone to introduce to a New generation of fans

1614485-kyle_rayner.jpg

Hal and john had plenty Exposure,I Think It's Kyle's time to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I Love Everyone's opinions on this matter but if I will have to choose I will go with kyle.It's time for a new blood someone to introduce to a New generation of fans

Hal and john had plenty Exposure,I Think It's Kyle's time to shine.
    New blood, hardly? Gee another human male, with Alan Scott what was that five men in a row?
    Really, 4-5 times and the ring couldn't find the supposed necessary qualities - bravery, honesty, and fearless will- in a single woman on Earth?
    And what the fourth white male in a row? Kyle wasn't "new". He was probably the most redundant "safe" GL created.
    An actual bold new unsafe direction, and statement would have been for the ring to recognize the qualities in a woman first!
    That would be new! for DC/WB

Of course they would be terrified to do it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-24-2015 at 10:14 AM.

BANNED

New blood, hardly? Gee another human male, with Alan Scott what was that five men in a row?
    Really, 4-5 times and the ring couldn't find the supposed necessary qualities - bravery, honesty, and fearless will- in a single woman on Earth?
    And what the fourth white male in a row? Kyle wasn't "new". He was probably the most redundant "safe" GL created.
    An actual bold new unsafe direction, and statement would have been for the ring to recognize the qualities in a woman first!
    That would be new! for DC/WB

Of course they would be terrified to do it.
    You have a point There,DC needs to add more female Characters to Their Movies the only one they have right now is wonder women.

Fantastic Member

I'm a real Johnny-come-lately here - I recently saw the Green Lantern film for the very first time (on Blu). Well....I really liked this! I know it got slammed by many over the years, but I felt it was fantastic - I have littte familiarity with GL (I maybe read 1-2 comics years ago), so maybe that helped here - since I didn't have a lot of pre-conceived ideas about the character or story.

As it stood, this seemed like a very good adaptation of the comic - the outfit was spot-on, the ring & it was also accurate how he could make things out of thin air, the problems with the color yellow, etc. The effects were great, and I felt the story was strong as well. I especially liked: The scene when GL saved the helicopter by attaching a go kart-like wheels to the wreckage & also making a racing track; the ending scene when GL saved the Earth from that huge monster, etc.

I was surprised that Sinestro was a "good" guy here - obviously he turns bad later, since he was GL's nemesis in the comic (or at least the old Superfriends cartoon, IIRC).

Guy is probably my favorite, but for mainstream audiences, he might be better in a supporting role or as a sidekick to Hal or John. Actually, this might not work, but I'd love for them to make a Sinestro origin movie that ends with Hal (who would be filling the antagonist role) defeating him.

Hal can be the main GL (with Jon as his sector partner) to hold down the franchise but as has been in the comics lately, surround him with a small group - see who resonates with people. I have my preferences, (Arisia, Kilowog) but I'm just happy GL is being given another shot in the movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It would be mind blowing if Simon were used.
    Actually it would be amazing. His background would be so awesome to use in a positive way.

I think it'd be cool if whatever emergency is taking place allowed for Hal and John to exercise "universal threat protocols" or whatever and recruit more earthers and that's how you end up with Kyle, Baz, Jessica, Guy or whomever (Carol, Alex, Kanto, Jong-Li, Alan etc...) by the time the film's over. They don't all have to become GL's by the next film, but just to see them in action during the climax could be cool.

The option is there for diversity so they should take it.

I grew up on Hal Jordan and though I wasn't a H.E.A.T. guy or whatever the movement here to resurrect his character was called I was on their side. I wanted Hal back just like I wanted Ollie and Barry back. Hal and Barry will always be founders to me and Ollie will always have been the first to join. And I prefer Martian Manhunter (or Black Lightning) to Cyborg.

BUT...

5 white guys, one white woman, and one black man? Not for me. Not when there's an opportunity to use Jessica Cruz or John Stewart. (I'd include Simon Baz but it seems like he barely even existed at all.) Jessica Cruz (or, better, Atomica) could open the door to a JL/Crime Syndicate movie too.

Hal had a movie and it was beyond awful. Whatever jones I had to see him on film was satisfied by his first appearance and absolutely reversed by the remainder of the film.

No Hal for me. And certainly no Kyle. Not when this is the only clear opportunity to diversify the League. I'm not even attached to GL as a founding member after that horrible movie. I'd rather the seventh be a woman of color and if that's not Jessica Cruz there are others to choose from. I've never been taken with Vixen personally but she'd be a good fit.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 11-02-2015 at 11:29 AM.

You could have Jade or Arisia and John Stewart training Simon. You get a strong female lantern that's not a romantic interest and you get John Stewart plus and complex character who's background in real life media has been sadly pushed as negative. So it would do a lot of good with Simon being the lead.

My first choice? Abin Sur.

Seriously, think about it. No one outside comic fans know who the hell he is, but they're passingly familiar with the Green Lantern franchise. That'll create some confusion, but since this is a film with the Trinity, Flash, Aquaman, and other big names it's not really a problem. No one is going to skip out on this because they don't know why Ryan Reynolds' old character is now a bald pink guy. You'd get a character who is nearly a blank slate in terms of history and personality so you can mold him to the plot worry free. You could use him for the big sacrifice that kicks off the team's triumphant third Act victory, and the epilogue scene could have Abin finding a replacement with his dying breath. That kicks off your Green Lantern solo film with some curiosity and interest built in.

If that's too daring, I'd just use John and Hal both. Cops have partners and that's a rarely seen dynamic in this genre's movies, and if you played them up like cops, with procedures to follow and limitations on their authority, so much the better. Sure, it's another character to squeeze into an over-crowded movie, but it's not impossible.

If that's not possible, I have to go with John. I think his personality works better with the League. The extra diversity would be nice too, honestly.

We're talking about Green Lantern; the debate of "who is most well known" is idiotic. Neither John nor Hal are that well known to the general public. Yeah, John was in a popular cartoon from a decade ago. Hal was on Superfriends and had a terrible movie come out. People know the logo. But they don't know a damned thing about who is behind the mask, and for the most part they don't care either. You want to know who would put more butts in the seats? Neither.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    I'm a real Johnny-come-lately here - I recently saw the Green Lantern film for the very first time (on Blu). Well....I really liked this! I know it got slammed by many over the years, but I felt it was fantastic - I have littte familiarity with GL (I maybe read 1-2 comics years ago), so maybe that helped here - since I didn't have a lot of pre-conceived ideas about the character or story.

As it stood, this seemed like a very good adaptation of the comic - the outfit was spot-on, the ring & it was also accurate how he could make things out of thin air, the problems with the color yellow, etc. The effects were great, and I felt the story was strong as well. I especially liked: The scene when GL saved the helicopter by attaching a go kart-like wheels to the wreckage & also making a racing track; the ending scene when GL saved the Earth from that huge monster, etc.

I was surprised that Sinestro was a "good" guy here - obviously he turns bad later, since he was GL's nemesis in the comic (or at least the old Superfriends cartoon, IIRC).
    Looking at it through your eyes doesn't seem so bad.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-02-2015 at 08:20 PM.