Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Here's my idea: John Stewart and Hal Jordon as the main human GLs in a story dealing with Sinestro's rule over Korugar and the rise of the Sinestro Corps.

First off, John's the senior Lantern, and an experienced Corpsman. He's part the professional officer from JL, and part sad, atoning veteran of the explosion of that one planet. Hal is the young gun with major discipline issues; not just hot-shot pilot, but the gUardians might want to take his ring and we can see why type of discipline issues. John's actually trying to retire, with his ex-partner Abin Sur's death in the same mission with the bomb causing the biggest issue. Hal is on probation as Sinestro's junior partner for a while, because he tends to address the little details like regular crime over constantly patrolling his sector; basically, on top of his usual issues with the Guardians, he's breaking a sort of Prime Directive to not interfere with everyday life unless absolutely neccesary.

when things inevitably head south and Jordan and Stewart have to stop Sinestro, Amon Sur, and Arkillo, they manage to seperate Sinestro's ring from his finger, and it goes to freedom fighter Katma. The film ends with the GLC deciding to expand, so Stewart will stay in the service to train Ganthet's chosen backup, Kyle Rayner, as Earth's chosen guardian, while Hal has to work with Guy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The perfect GL movie was Guardians of the Galaxy

-The Hero - Maverick over-confident cocky Star Pilot - Jordan/Quill ends up with a new family/crew despite his loner self, who go on to save the universe.
    - The Exotic Alien heroine - Katma Tui/Gamora can she shake the suspicion of her past relation(see Sinestro/Thanos) and prove she is one of the good guys.
    - Villain Thanos/Sinestro secretly in pursuit of the "color" gems whose combined powers he can harness to dominate the universe.
    - The giant hearted Musclebound brawler - Kilowog/Drax who watched his entire family get killed, proud last survivor of his "race", out to satisfy his revenge debt for his people, but does he really want to kill, or just be part of a family again.
    - The irritable Space Rodent- Annoying but cute, little guy might be overcompensating for his size, and that he's a cartoon character come to life, carries a huge Ch'p on his shoulder.
    - The bizarre withdrawn sentient plant form, Medphyl/Groot, really can sub with almost any exotic alien.
    Are they working with the Corps/Nova Corps or for the themselves and glory.

The problem Marvel made it not DC.

That said the GL movie should be Jordan & Stewart, the Riggs and Murtaugh space cops movie.
    Hal having gone a bit over (Parallax infection), Stewart the-by-book staunch GL has got to work with that guy who might be pushing to close to the edge, and together save the universe.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-13-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

I think doing a buddy cop style superhero movie with Hal and John could be very interesting but DC seems more focused on grounding their stories than catching up to Marcel's slap stick style of superhero movies so I don't think a buddy cop movie is something they would seriously consider.

The long standing rumor is that at the end of Justice League 1 a Green Lantern is going to show up and introduce the League to an even bigger threat on it's way to Earth. Personally I think John Stewart is the way to go as the League could use some diversity but the GLC movie that comes after ward is where I'd take some risks. I'd have John get his ring after a serious "incident" involving the Corp and some heavy losses. No one wants to talk about it back on Oa, least of all Killowog. As the GLC movie goes forward with introducing the big bag of the movie you come to find out that John isn't the first Earth Lantern, he's wearing the ring of Hal Jordan, a man who went mad with power after facing Parallax (Yes I'm saying the first Green Lantern movie happened though it wouldn't be heavily referenced) and killed many Lanterns, he was only stopped by Sinestro who seemingly died saving the universe. The big bad of the movie would of course be Sinesto who faked his death, infected Hal with Parallax to begin with and used like a puppet to weaken the corp for the Sinestro Corp War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorddominicus85 View Post
    I think doing a buddy cop style superhero movie with Hal and John could be very interesting but DC seems more focused on grounding their stories than catching up to Marcel's slap stick style of superhero movies so I don't think a buddy cop movie is something they would seriously consider.

The long standing rumor is that at the end of Justice League 1 a Green Lantern is going to show up and introduce the League to an even bigger threat on it's way to Earth. Personally I think John Stewart is the way to go as the League could use some diversity but the GLC movie that comes after ward is where I'd take some risks. I'd have John get his ring after a serious "incident" involving the Corp and some heavy losses. No one wants to talk about it back on Oa, least of all Killowog. As the GLC movie goes forward with introducing the big bag of the movie you come to find out that John isn't the first Earth Lantern, he's wearing the ring of Hal Jordan, a man who went mad with power after facing Parallax (Yes I'm saying the first Green Lantern movie happened though it wouldn't be heavily referenced) and killed many Lanterns, he was only stopped by Sinestro who seemingly died saving the universe. The big bad of the movie would of course be Sinesto who faked his death, infected Hal with Parallax to begin with and used like a puppet to weaken the corp for the Sinestro Corp War.
    So John's inclusion is only for diversity? If we're really seeking for true diversity then Jessica Cruz is the answer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorddominicus85 View Post
    There are buddy cop movies that aren't slapstick though. End of Watch comes to mind.

Besides, considering what we've heard about the Shazam movie and Lord & Miller doing the treatment for the Flash, I'm not sure we can say that WB are focused on grounding their stories.

Perhaps they're confusing "grounded" with "realistic"?

Man of Steel was grounded, but it was not in any way realistic.

DC appears to be trying to take these larger-than-life, epic archetypes and retain that fantastical, just-left-of-reality element, while putting them in a world that reacts like our own. I dont see any reason why they'd want to avoid using two Lanterns, outside of budget limitations and possibly merchandising reasons (do you split your merchandise between two co-stars or focus on just the one face?)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agree, I think they are also confusing the more general Buddy Cop theme, with slapstick.
    There's no reason it has to be slapstick, the genre goes back to Dragnet, Adam 12, in the heat of the night, I Spy, Starsky & Hutch(tv) etc...it didn't start with 48hrs, which isn't even just slapstick anyway.
    The idea is the two are coming from different places, but have to work together.
    Stewart the-by-book staunch GL paired with the cocky, at times fearlessly reckless (dangerously so if you add the Parallax element and a guy who might be pushing to close to the edge) have got to work together,
    to save the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Man of Steel was grounded, but it was not in any way realistic.

DC appears to be trying to take these larger-than-life, epic archetypes and retain that fantastical, just-left-of-reality element, while putting them in a world that reacts like our own. I don't see any reason why they'd want to avoid using two Lanterns, outside of budget limitations and possibly merchandising reasons (do you split your merchandise between two co-stars or focus on just the one face?)
    Also true, there is no reason why they couldn't use two lead Earth Lanterns.
    There is a Corps and full of effects, , a budget will be adjusted to accommodate CG effects to however many characters need it, two leads with effects, is not a reason it's undoable, Avengers had a half dozen.
    The merchandising, there are plenty of franchises (again Avengers) that divide the merch amongst several leads.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-03-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Fantastic Member

I still want the movie to be Hal and John team up movie lethal weapon style

(double post)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-07-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The perfect GL movie was Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Although huge part of "Guardians" was about a bunch of people with competing self-interests finding a way to ban together. The Corps already provides that so it does take away a huge part of what was at the heart of that film.

Whoever/whatever the case, it should be a sequel. Not another reboot. Lets get this universe underway already.

Eh, i would want Guy gardner. I feel the possibility down the line of the league fighting red lantern Guy would be AWESOME. But between the two mentioned i would go with John.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The perfect GL movie was Guardians of the Galaxy

-The Hero - Maverick over-confident cocky Star Pilot - Jordan/Quill ends up with a new family/crew despite his loner self, who go on to save the universe.
    - The Exotic Alien heroine - Katma Tui/Gamora can she shake the suspicion of her past relation(see Sinestro/Thanos) and prove she is one of the good guys.
    - Villain Thanos/Sinestro secretly in pursuit of the "color" gems whose combined powers he can harness to dominate the universe.
    - The giant hearted Musclebound brawler - Kilowog/Drax who watched his entire family get killed, proud last survivor of his "race", out to satisfy his revenge debt for his people, but does he really want to kill, or just be part of a family again.
    - The irritable Space Rodent- Annoying but cute, little guy might be overcompensating for his size, and that he's a cartoon character come to life, carries a huge Ch'p on his shoulder.
    - The bizarre withdrawn sentient plant form, Medphyl/Groot, really can sub with almost any exotic alien.
    Are they working with the Corps/Nova Corps or for the themselves and glory.

The problem Marvel made it not DC.

That said the GL movie should be Jordan & Stewart, the Riggs and Murtaugh space cops movie.
    Hal having gone a bit over (Parallax infection), Stewart the-by-book staunch GL has got to work with that guy who might be pushing to close to the edge, and together save the universe.
    These are great ideas.

BANNED

Well... the first one was bad enough that the public wouldn't complain about a reboot.

Guy is the most entertaining character, but I don't expect he'll get the role. There's too much push for Hal in the DC offices for that to happen. They might put John in it too. So if I had to bet, I'd say it'll probably be Hal co-starring John.

Extraordinary Member

I think the GLC could work as a mix between the Musketeers, and the Breakfast Club.

I want to see Hal, John, Guy, Katma, Arisia, and Kilowog, as the core, for sure. I'm not sure if Kyle would be too much for the the first film, but definitely the sequel.

I'd love to see John & Kat in live action. The triangle featuring Hal, Arisia, and Carol could be very interesting, too.

I want to see three Earth GL's, as opposed to just Hal & John. Guy could be the wild card, and it would transcend the potentially clichéd white/black guy team-up of Hal & John.