Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Ultimate End #1

New York, NY - April 23rd, 2015 - As the Secret Wars begin, the Ultimate Universe reaches its end! This May, experience it's heartbreaking curtain call in ULTIMATE END #1! Blockbuster creators Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley - the creative team that helped start it all - will end it with one last, epic story! Miles Morales and the rest of the heroes of the Ultimate Universe face their final extinction. Judgement Day is here and the end is nigh. Yet as they come to terms with the end of all they've ever known and all they hold dear - will their gut-wrenching sacrifices make any difference? Is there any hope for the Ultimate Universe or it's beloved heroes? Find out this May, as an entire universe experiences its final moments in ULTIMATE END #1!

Full preview here.

Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

I REALLY hope that during this story we learn what shocked Peter Parker when he looked up the 616 Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles J. Baserap View Post
    I REALLY hope that during this story we learn what shocked Peter Parker when he looked up the 616 Miles Morales.
    I would love to see that as well....also based on the preview it seems we won't (or at leas it will put on the side for a while) see the typical hero vs hero. Of course now I have some sort of questions continuity-wise about this series as we see two Tony's interacting and one doesn't have the Superior Armor.

Spectacular Member

Why are there two Tony Starks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    616 and Ultimate....but (and I'm not sure since I haven't been reading any Ultimate book aside from Miles), didn't Ultimate Tony lost his body and transferred his mind into a suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    This mini will feature both the Mainstream and the Ultimate universe.
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

Incredible Member

I gotta say, seeing the old cover designs for this series is bringing up some serious nostalgia.

I'm guessing we'll see that when Miles lands in 616, when Bendis inevitably launches the umpteenth volume of Ultimate Spider-Man.

BANNED

Thank god they aren't just punching one another. That happens much too often with crossovers like these.

I wonder which Tony is which. The one in the black top seems more like Ultimate Tony, but if that's the case then why isn't the other one in Superior armour?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Thank god they aren't just punching one another. That happens much too often with crossovers like these.

I wonder which Tony is which. The one in the black top seems more like Ultimate Tony, but if that's the case then why isn't the other one in Superior armour?
    The armored one looks like the Bleeding Edge armor. Would be interesting if this scene takes place before Axis.

I hope Bendis reveals in this series that the Peter Parker that returned in Miles Morales was indeed a clone, because I still can't believe he cheapened the impact of that death by bringing him back just to give him a happy ending with MJ.

Extraordinary Member

I hope so. I bet he died. Like, I really think he's dead and that's what shocked Peter Parker, that while he died in one timeline, Miles died in his.
    Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    I would love to see that as well....also based on the preview it seems we won't (or at leas it will put on the side for a while) see the typical hero vs hero. Of course now I have some sort of questions continuity-wise about this series as we see two Tony's interacting and one doesn't have the Superior Armor.
    I think the one in the black shirt in 616 Tony and he's just powered down.

Boy, does no one look happy in this preview. I'm guessing the superhero vs. superhero won't happen until AFTER they've established that they're all going to die horribly.

616 and Ultimate....but (and I'm not sure since I haven't been reading any Ultimate book aside from Miles), didn't Ultimate Tony lost his body and transferred his mind into a suit?
    That did happen but they later revived his body at the end of the storyline (Ultimate infinity gauntlet arc I believe). Because technology.

Yeah I think the Tony in a tee is 616, because he is drinking (though ultimate never quit drinking). BUT we still have a couple issues of Superior left and they've already set up how he could be back in the red and gold. Cause Ultimate Tony should be in his FF armor.

Really hard to tell as Bagley drew them almost as twins.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    Yeah I think the Tony in a tee is 616, because he is drinking (though ultimate never quit drinking). BUT we still have a couple issues of Superior left and they've already set up how he could be back in the red and gold. Cause Ultimate Tony should be in his FF armor.

Really hard to tell as Bagley drew them almost as twins.
    And now I'm going to change my opinion completely as the Tony in a tee shirt is seated on the Ultimate side of the table. So I'm guessing the recent issue of Superior and whatever is left of that series gets 616 Tony back in the red & gold.

He fixed that with the Infinity Guantlet by the end of that same arc. I think the better question is why is Tony wearing what looks like the Bleeding Edge suit.