Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hulk #15 - The only one there will ever be!

This is it!

The piece of the story I've been waiting for so fucking long and thought that would never happen.

Doc Green beats the smug look out of the Red Hulk and depowers him.
    And afterwards, Ross gets arrested by the military.

HALLE-FUCKING-LUJA!

This **** has been going on for far too long. I was so happy to see my number 1 hate character finally bite the dust (sorry for all his fans, but alongside Sentry I've never hated anybody more. And seriously, this guy just HAD to pay for all the suffering he caused)

PS: In the epilogue, Hulk stands before the Avengers and states he's dying....wonder what happens now?

Is there even any actual suspense with that ending given that we all know he's gonna be perfectly fine by Time Runs Out? As a fan of the alternate Hulks, I've hated how this story has essentially been all about getting rid of them all until it was just the original and She-Hulk. But with Secret Wars coming, I really hope we can at least get some of our other Hulks back as well as a more likable main Hulk cuz I hate Doc Green and will be glad when he's gone.

Well yeah, I'm kinda sad too about some of the other Hulk's, but getting rid of Red Hulk was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is there even any actual suspense with that ending given that we all know he's gonna be perfectly fine by Time Runs Out? As a fan of the alternate Hulks, I've hated how this story has essentially been all about getting rid of them all until it was just the original and She-Hulk. But with Secret Wars coming, I really hope we can at least get some of our other Hulks back as well as a more likable main Hulk cuz I hate Doc Green and will be glad when he's gone.
    Actually, that makes it a high point in my opinion. Now, we just need an armor war to leave only one armoured hero, a Patriot Act to leave one single Captain America, a purge of the infestation of spider-characters, and so on... There can and should be only one Thor. Wolverine needs to go back to being unique, and so on...

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well yeah, I'm kinda sad too about some of the other Hulk's, but getting rid of Red Hulk was worth it.
    But at that point it's like dropping a nuke to get rid of one hidden base; the collateral damage just ends up not worth it. We've lost quite a few interesting characters in this one. And I don't get it, DC can have an entire Batman Family/corporation, multiple supermen/women, multiple Flashes, and multiple lantern corps of some of the most powerful technology in the universe and nobody bats an eye yet people complain about Marvel having characters with similar power sets.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-22-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

I think it's a shame, I liked the idea of Ross being a hulk
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Actually, that makes it a high point in my opinion. Now, we just need an armor war to leave only one armoured hero, a Patriot Act to leave one single Captain America, a purge of the infestation of spider-characters, and so on... There can and should be only one Thor. Wolverine needs to go back to being unique, and so on...

Peace
    Pretty much this. Focus on the characters and establish new ones. If there are more than one "Hulks" then it dilutes the Hulk character and weakens it.

BANNED

Glad Rulk is gone.
    Still sad about Abomb though.

Hopefully Hulk will be back to normal after Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    As long as the only Spider is Peter.....

BANNED

Jeff Parker's run on the Red Hulk made me a fan of the character. That said, it was awesome to see Hulk finally serve Ross his comeuppance. I have nothing against multiple Hulks but I do think that giving them all (sans Jen) a break for awhile sounds good. Omega Hulk has been an incredible arc and I can't even guess where the last issue will leave Bruce when all is said and done. All I know is that I sincerely hope Duggan will be penning more Hulk tales when SW comes to a close. He's made Hulk into a must-read again for me and I'd like to see him steer Jade Jaws' future for awhile.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    I think it's a shame, I liked the idea of Ross being a hulk
    This! Having Ross around the Avengers brought a terrific dynamic to a guy who hated gamma monsters but brought him up close and personal with gods, monsters, heroes and artificial life forms who fought as heroes.

Well it does goes back to full circle with Ross having a grudge against Hulk/Banner and maybe as a human who was a hulk will probably will lead to storylines where some people want to experiment on him or do something similar to Agent Venom (Agent Carnage lol).

Whatever happened to Lyra?

Lyra got sucked into the wrong dimension when the Doc Green A.I. decided to divert her destination. She was last seen fighting a pile of tentacles. My guess is that this action inadvertently saved her life, if it turns out that Femizonia was destroyed in the incursions. Just a guess.

Lots of superheroes have had "diluted" properties. Superman has had Supergirl, Superboy, Krypto, Steel, the Eradicator, etc. Iron Man has War Machine and Rescue. I don't think it hurts the brand to have other Hulks--we've had Jen for 35 years and nobody seems to have a problem with her--so a few more Hulks isn't that much of a stretch, especially since he has so many other gamma-based characters in his cast (Leader, Samson, Abomination). Still, comics have these things come and go in waves. If somebody wants to bring back Rulk or Skaar or someone else at some point, they will.

BANNED

Really haven't enjoyed this book at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I disagree, if you don't like Red Hulk that's fine, don't buy the book. Everyone likes different characters, it's subjective. Red Hulk's solo book was amazing and lasted 57 issues! That's way more then a lot of the current books on the market today. Rulks time on the Avengers was great. Thunderbolts was hit-or-miss; he had some great moments.

I hated Ross in the past, but he went through a LOT of character growth and becoming my favorite. Red Hulk's book was way more interesting then Aaron's run on Hulk IMO.

Is there even any actual suspense with that ending given that we all know he's gonna be perfectly fine by Time Runs Out? As a fan of the alternate Hulks, I've hated how this story has essentially been all about getting rid of them all until it was just the original and She-Hulk. But with Secret Wars coming.
    Agreed! Omega Hulk is a tragedy. I'm guessing that Marvel just didn't know what to do with them; whatever happened to the House of Ideas? This series just reduced the amount of readers who were fans of: A-Bomb, Skaar, Red She-Hulk, Lyra, and now Red Hulk.

I really hope we can at least get some of our other Hulks back as well as a more likable main Hulk cuz I hate Doc Green and will be glad when he's gone.
    Agreed! Doc Green is a Marty Stu, he succeeded in everything that he planned with little conflict. He's the smartest one there is, and the strongest one there is. There is nothing inspiring nor compelling about the character and Duggan still hasn't explained Doc Green's motivation for removing his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Agreed! Doc Green is a Marty Stu, he succeeded in everything that he planned with little conflict. He's the smartest one there is, and the strongest one there is. There is nothing inspiring nor compelling about the character and Duggan still hasn't explained Doc Green's motivation for removing his friends and family.
    The A.I. going nuts several issues ago indicates that no, Doc Green is not succeeding perfectly. He also appears to be slowly turning evil, evidenced by his Maestro-dreams. Why he's getting rid of the competition...well, Duggan still has next issue to explain that.