Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well there are groups who probably want Hulk's DNA or something so any group who attack Hulk would probably employ Ross to their side. In fact going with Maestro's timeline, if Hulk does become a villian, SHIELD would probably put Ross in charge of their Hulk division and in charge of their Hulkbusters (If SHIELD has Sentinels in their grasp then they most likely have their own Hulkbusters).
    Ugh... Secret Wars redux. Where's the timeline where Axel Alonso DOESN'T take over for Joe Quesada. I want that timeline!

Where's the timeline where Axel Alonso DOESN'T take over for Joe Quesada. I want that timeline!
    You serious? After all the crap he pulled, especially OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    You serious? After all the crap he pulled, especially OMD?
    LOL excluding One More Day. That was definitely a MISS. But loved Civil War, Secret Invasion, the growth he sought for Marvel Cosmic with Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and Guardians of the Galaxy. World War Hulk. Planet Hulk... all such great stories! And Joe thought many of the initial ideas up! His stuff will shape Marvel's cinematic universe for years to come. Big fan!

Then there's Axel... Avengers vs X-Men... Age of Ultron.. this new Black Vortex I'm struggling to get through... the house of ideas took a major tumble in my opinion.

i wasn't a fan of Red Hulk till Jeff Parker started writing for the character. his run really got me to like Rulk...which i thought was impossible. and i seriously doubt this is the absolute last we've seen of Red Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well there are groups who probably want Hulk's DNA or something so any group who attack Hulk would probably employ Ross to their side. In fact going with Maestro's timeline, if Hulk does become a villian, SHIELD would probably put Ross in charge of their Hulk division and in charge of their Hulkbusters (If SHIELD has Sentinels in their grasp then they most likely have their own Hulkbusters).
    They wouldn't need Ross to head up an anti-Hulk task force when Fortean is available.

BANNED

I got to say I did enjoy the issue and the fight aftermath as General Ross finally got what was coming to him.

I mean for too long he hunted the Hulk, then became one himself and then nearly became the very monster he hunted down.

Irony thy name is Red Hulk.

This needed to happen. There were too many Hulks just hanging in limbo and not doing anything. After Greg Pak completed his run I don't think anyone had any plans for Hulk (and the books showed it,IMO). Pak set- up an entire Hulk family for writers to explore and it seems no one wanted to. As soon as Pak left the book, Aaron sent hulk off by himself and Hulk family became supporting characters in other books. Just the relationship between Skaar and Hulk and the uneasy relationship with Lyra would have made for a few interesting arcs. Hulk trying to save the world while trying to raise a daughter that wants nothing to do with him, a son who is only beginning to trust him, all the while trying to stay to keep himself and his family from being locked up in a SHIELD holding facility for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    They wouldn't need Ross to head up an anti-Hulk task force when Fortean is available.
    Yes, but Ross has more experience with super heroes, being part of the Avengers and leading the Thunderbolts. In fact Ross is more experience in general then Fortean, Fortean would probably want Ross in charge if he didn't know Ross was Red Hulk.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 04-24-2015 at 03:48 PM.

All-New Member

Enjoyed this issue. I actually like Rulk but I'm just tired of seeing the Hulk jobbing for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I got to say I did enjoy the issue and the fight aftermath as General Ross finally got what was coming to him.

I mean for too long he hunted the Hulk, then became one himself and then nearly became the very monster he hunted down.

Irony thy name is Red Hulk.
    That's one thing that makes Rulk so compelling to me. It's literally a case of he who fights monsters, letting him walk a mile in Bruce's shoes and he did great things with them.

Ultimate Member

Regression back to status quo, inability to let changes stick, and desperately and sadly clinging to the past. How every typical, and how very VERY boring. Great job Marvel, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Regression back to status quo, inability to let changes stick, and desperately and sadly clinging to the past. How every typical, and how very VERY boring. Great job Marvel, ugh.
    House of Ideas. Am I right?

Fantastic Member

I would say it creates a nice story to have Ross depowered for a while. He needed a comeuppance, but he will eventually regain his powers when someone wants to beat the Hulk.

On derivatives, Red Hulk felt like a good enemy to the Hulk, especially with the opposite colouring. The other Hulks dont feel quite distinctive enough, as well as there being such a thing as too many. 3 or 4 is okay, but more than that is too much. I would say Hulk, She-Hulk, and Red Hulk are enough.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher007 View Post
    regression back to status quo, inability to let changes stick, and desperately and sadly clinging to the past. How every typical, and how very very boring. Great job marvel, ugh.
    ^^^^^^ this!!!! ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's one thing that makes Rulk so compelling to me. It's literally a case of he who fights monsters, letting him walk a mile in Bruce's shoes and he did great things with them.
    There's great irony in Ross becoming the monster he despised for so long.. Compelling indeed!