Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Launch "DC Super Hero Girls" Initiative

This fall, DC and WB will release digital content, TV specials, made-for-videos, publishing, toys, apparel and more designed just for girls.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

As a step-father of two girls: about time.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

DC wasn't kidding when they responded to that girl's letter requesting more girl stuff. I hope to see some Hawkgirl stuff show up out of this, too.

So excited for this! I hope more WW characters get in on the series.

Fantastic Member

This is good news hopefully they add more female heroes-like stargirl, vixen, fire and ice etc.

BANNED

This looks really good, it's time for DC offer more material for a demographic that lacked material

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    This is good news hopefully they add more female heroes-like stargirl, vixen, fire and ice etc.
    The absence of Vixen (who's getting her own CW animated online series) is baffling. There's 5 white girls here and only 2 young women of color (Katana and Bumblebee). Vixen absolutely needs to be included.

Also, given that Fire is Brazilian, DC Entertainment would be making a huge mistake not to include a Latina in the mix. The Latin American market is far too profitable for them to ignore or neglect including in this initiative--if for no other reason than to make money and lots of it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    The absence of Vixen (who's getting her own CW animated online series) is baffling. There's 5 white girls here and only 2 young women of color (Katana and Bumblebee). Vixen absolutely needs to be included.

Also, given that Fire is Brazilian, DC Entertainment would be making a huge mistake not to include a Latina in the mix. The Latin American market is far too profitable for them to ignore or neglect including in this initiative--if for no other reason than to make money and lots of it.
    Agree but for now let support this I'm still going to ask DC to add more female heroes like vixen and fire

BANNED

It's just like the Disney princesses!

In all seriousness this is the only bit of promo art we've seen, I'm almost certain they'll push more characters. Bumblebee I think gets the nod ahead of Vixen cos she's appeared in more cartoons aimed at younger people and possibly because she's DC's first black female superheroine (but I may be wrong on that).

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    interesting

the only think i kind of feel is a miss-opportunity is that we could have gotten Donna Troy instead of WW
    I feel that would fitted better
    Come on, no one wants to grow up to be Wonder Girl/Troia when they can be Wonder Woman.

They'll make more. Want to test the waters first before releasing more.

Great idea from DC, excellent idea.

Extraordinary Member

They said others are coming.

Featuring a completely new artistic style and aesthetic, DC Comics’ icons such as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumble Bee, Poison Ivy, Katana and many more make their unprecedented teenaged introduction.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I like this. Way to go dc! And Ivy looks really cute. I like the design of teenage Ivy.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

This is the best thing DC has done in many years.

BANNED

I'm interested in this myself. My niece will be all over this. I'm also glad that Katana and Bumblebee will be getting more exposure.

Nice! "TV specials, made-for-videos, toys, apparel, books and other product categories". The whole deal, wondered why it took them awhile that's a cash-making demographic. This is DC's answers to the princess line that has been a success the last decade. Just in time for this christmas season