Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

very cool. Just discovering the show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRd...Cb6BqApCIO_TYg

Very nice and entertaining, especially the "reboot" version. Looks like Supergirl has been recast as a kind of tough girl (with a heart of gold, of course). Batgirl is a co-lead and frequently a POV character. The other characters I'm seeing so far have an interesting interpretation compared to the comics. Well, this is the most exposure that Bumblebee has ever had. I wonder why Vixen hasn't been dealt with at all yet.

Fantastic Member

I am a grown woman but even I love this show. It doesn't treat the audience like idiots and there are cool references if you are a comic book fan. Great show check out the episodes if you have Netflix or the shorts on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very cool. Just discovering the show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRd...Cb6BqApCIO_TYg

Very nice and entertaining, especially the "reboot" version. Looks like Supergirl has been recast as a kind of tough girl (with a heart of gold, of course). Batgirl is a co-lead and frequently a POV character. The other characters I'm seeing so far have an interesting interpretation compared to the comics. Well, this is the most exposure that Bumblebee has ever had. I wonder why Vixen hasn't been dealt with at all yet.
    So basically Power Girl .

Yeah; but toned down. This is Supper Hero Girls, after all.

And if I recall correctly, this show was done by Lauren Faust, of Friendship is Magic fame. Personality-wise, there are a lot of parallels: Batgirl is Twilight Sparkle (they even have the same voice actor), Zatanna is Rarity, Bumblebee is Fluttershy, Supergirl is Rainbow Dash (I think). The parallels fall apart after that, as Wonder Woman and Green Lantern aren't really anything like Applejack or Pinky Pie.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically Power Girl .
    I noticed that, with the haircut and kind-of-buff character design. It made me wonder if Karen Starr herself was on the table but then the creatives decided against it for whatever reasons (I presume that the 'window' outfit was out of the question obviously; also, Bumblebee's real name is Karen Beecher, so I wonder if that was an issue, too). But who knows, could have been some other rationale entirely.

It's not the first name that's the issue; Supergirl is Kara Danvers, so if they had gone with Power Girl, she would have been, say, Kara Starr.

I think they went with Supergirl for brand recognition, much like they went with a younger Wonder Woman instead of Wonder Girl.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.