Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    DC should revive and revamp Super Friends, that way they can have Family Friendly product that shows characters with agency.
    They already did last year, it was called JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time. Ugh why don't we have a sequel to that already?

Also of note, there will be several DC's Super Friends shorts this year from the people behind the Imaginext Super Friends toy line.

"Hey girls, this is Harley Quinn.

If you're lucky, she won't blow you up."

BANNED

Sigh. I remeber the tread about that girl letter on this board. Full of people complaining about DC does nothing for more audiences.
    They do something like this , and people still complain, even if is not aimed for them.
    DC "·fans" are just insuferible. They dont even know what they want besides a constant need of complain

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    Sigh. I remeber the tread about that girl letter on this board. Full of people complaining about DC does nothing for more audiences.
    They do something like this , and people still complain, even if is not aimed for them.
    DC "·fans" are just insuferible. They dont even know what they want besides a constant need of complain
    Not all of us have complained, there's been a lot of positive replies and belief that this is a good first step.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    That's pretty much true of every fandom I've been involved with over the years so that's not really anything new. There have always been complainers out there even before the internet existed it's just that they are way more visible nowadays.

I'm not one of those complaining here either. I think it's a great idea and one that is long overdue. Older readers are not going to be around forever so there needs to be some new ones coming in and if this helps bring more readers to comics then I'm all for that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    The absence of Vixen (who's getting her own CW animated online series) is baffling. There's 5 white girls here and only 2 young women of color (Katana and Bumblebee). Vixen absolutely needs to be included.

Also, given that Fire is Brazilian, DC Entertainment would be making a huge mistake not to include a Latina in the mix. The Latin American market is far too profitable for them to ignore or neglect including in this initiative--if for no other reason than to make money and lots of it.
    They said others are coming.

Featuring a completely new artistic style and aesthetic, DC Comics’ icons such as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumble Bee, Poison Ivy, Katana and many more make their unprecedented teenaged introduction.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That's pretty much true of every fandom I've been involved with over the years so that's not really anything new. There have always been complainers out there even before the internet existed it's just that they are way more visible nowadays.
    Yup, more visible and louder, like they have some sort of obligation too keep complaining about the same things over and over and it is super irritating!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    So you'd have them try out something completely new (to them) and toss out some characters with no previously established credibility? It could work, of course, but I'd prefer they get the ball rolling and then expand. They've already said that they're adding more characters. This is just the first piece of promo art.
    That same argument is the reason DC's stuck in the damn Big Seven format, sometime you just have to risk it and try something fresh.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    That same argument is the reason DC's stuck in the damn Big Seven format, sometime you just have to risk it and try something fresh.
    Technically, you don't ever have to risk it. Sure, we like risk, and sometimes risk pays off big, but playing it safe is pretty profitable in the long run usually.

Companies can make money with just a few characters, for example, Sanrio has Hello Kitty, My Melody, Badtz Maru, Keroppi, Kuromi, Chococat, Cinnamoroll, pompompurin, little twin stars.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 04-23-2015 at 01:03 PM.

All-New Member

Steps to increase exposure for our favorite ladies has the potential to be great. I'm just a bit upset that it's falling into old "pink" marketing traps. As a man that grew up in the 80's and loved characters like Batgirl, She-Ra, Jem, Wonder Woman and MLP, I was constantly told that the toys I wanted were for girls. Even the great female characters in "boy" cartoons never got figures.

There are young boys that are going to be interested in these characters, and the related merchandise. If they are lucky parents will buy it for them, but more often then not they'll be given a Batman figure instead, or taken right past the dreaded "pink isle" without even seeing them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Again, my suggestions would help diversify the team from being a bunch of people who don't have powers standing next to two god tier characters who do.

Zatanna, Mera, Starfire, Fire, Ice, Raven, Terra, Vixen, Shayera, Halo, Solstice, Jesse Quick etc, would all make better additions to the team. You wouldn't comprise a team of 7 and have 3 of them be Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man, and Elongated Man would you? Mix it up. It's not like DC or Marvel has a shortage of superpowered women.
    Um, I don't really think it's a team, exactly. I know it's easy to look at a group shot like that on a comic book website and think "new super-team". However, I think that's just an image of the characters they're going to be rolling out with at the beginning. Remember, this is for a planned marketing/merchandising line. So, it'd be easier to compare it to something like Monster High and My Little Pony (particularly the '80s version). They'll start with these characters and just keep rolling out new ones while revisiting the early ones that are popular. My bet is that the concept will start out with Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Katana as friends (though, not exactly a formal team) and Harley and Ivy as the trouble-making girls who are always up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    My bet is that the concept will start out with Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Bumblebee and Katana as friends (though, not exactly a formal team) and Harley and Ivy as the trouble-making girls who are always up to something.
    That'd make for some fun TV specials.

I remember the article said TV specials and 'made for videos'. Is that the same thing as direct to video DVDs?

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Marvel (recently) has been very good about taking lesser know IP's (intellectual properties) and turning them in to big success (GOTG, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel - Carol). DC sticking to brand names won't help them shatter any preconceived notions people already have about the company.
    Marvel didn't start out with their least known properties though. Once they secured the market-share they started experimenting. All but one of their movies are Avengers related.

5 out of 7 on the roster are brand name/high profile characters. That doesn't really qualify as trying out new IP's.
    Well that's the same as Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    And what other company is trying this? None. This is fresh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Marvel didn't start out with their least known properties though. Once they secured the market-share they started experimenting. All but one of their movies are Avengers related.
    Um, I think this is business development 101.