Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Maybe Hawkgirl will be involved.
    John said this is just the tip of iceberg of characters https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/statu...89901962694656

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

Lots of negativity from people on this thread, who are biased towards New52, even though DC has already started diversifying their line and, come June, will have a number for girls to pick, and most importantly even though this line has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with their mainstream line.

Seriously, even if DC announced tomorrow they're publishing 100 new all-ages books come August, people would still find something to complain about.
    Why isn't there an issue when the other company does anything?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    So what's your argument here? DC aren't allowed to aim their comics at different audiences? DC should wipe out every single violent comic they've ever written before aiming a smaller line at a younger audience?
    No arguement. Simply a statement. I'm not looking to be "convinced" out of my opinions or be "proven wrong" by someone trying to "win" an arguement on the Internet.

The arguements about violence in comics I view as immaterial as to when it comes to my views and criticisms of the approaches DC Comics takes.

I'm pointing out a simple fact that parents aren't going to want their children associating with properties, like the current main line Wonder Woman book that portrays Wonder Woman's Amazon Sisters as "Rape Pirates".

I obviously support this initiative, but I can't help but find it very funny that they are using Katana in this as a "relatable teen" because she's a gritty street level character motivated by her husband's death who then proceeds to slice a lot people with the Soultaker. I imagine it like showing a little kid the new Daredevil tv show.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG. View Post
    Lots of negativity from people on this thread, who are biased towards New52, even though DC has already started diversifying their line and, come June, will have a number for girls to pick, and most importantly even though this line has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with their mainstream line.

Seriously, even if DC announced tomorrow they're publishing 100 new all-ages books come August, people would still find something to complain about.
    Maybe you just don't pay close enough attention because I'm sure you can pay a visit to the other side of the fence and find plenty of people who don't think the grass is greener.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Maybe Hawkgirl will be involved.
    I hope they use Shayera. She never gets any attention in the comics, so it would be nice for her to get a younger set of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Maybe you just don't pay close enough attention because I'm sure you can pay a visit to the other side of the fence and find plenty of people who don't think the grass is greener.
    Well, the first time I've seen a not-infinitessimal number of fans complain about an announcement (major or not) from the other company is the recent outing incident. Whereas with DC, people who are not even around these parts of the board, come here to post only when they have something negative to say. But I admit, I don't wander too far from these parts too often!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I hope they use Shayera. She never gets any attention in the comics, so it would be nice for her to get a younger set of fans.
    I believe they 'll use the Kendra version, not only for synergy reasons, but because it will further diversify the line.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Oh there is. People were getting really nasty about the new Avengers line up.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I am going to reserve judgement on this until i see some of the final products because i am really interested in seeing what DC/WB thinks girls age 6 -12 may connect to. Will it be romancey, will it be like my little pony, will we have truly strong young women that may not be all about dolls and lipstick. I hope this is used as a vehicle to show young girls they can truly be anything and not a way to just increase presence.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I believe they 'll use the Kendra version, not only for synergy reasons, but because it will further diversify the line.
    They could always portray Shayera as visually Latina the same way Superman is basically white. She was voiced by a Latina in the JL cartoon after all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Oh there is. People were getting really nasty about the new Avengers line up.
    I think one of the best teams ever created that was diverse and had a good male/female mix was Marvel's New Mutants in the early to mid-80s.
    It had three girls and two boys and all of different nationalities.
    For something that today would be viewed as contrived or pc-pandering, it worked remarkably well then. For years.

I don't think things will get better until we have that kind of mentality again. Where sex and race aren't a factor that has to be ticked on a checklist but still get equal representation.
    When it becomes a non-issue.

I would have liked to use the original Star Trek as an example as well.
    However, it's diversity was more or less a result of the network's response to the pilot.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Hopefully it'll stay longer and not get axed like Green Lantern or Beware the Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    John said this is just the tip of iceberg of characters https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/statu...89901962694656

Then there's no way we won't get Vixen, Black Canary, etc. I'd want to see some of the newly created characters as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I obviously support this initiative, but I can't help but find it very funny that they are using Katana in this as a "relatable teen" because she's a gritty street level character motivated by her husband's death who then proceeds to slice a lot people with the Soultaker. I imagine it like showing a little kid the new Daredevil tv show.

Of course, they're going to change it up a bit. It is all-ages after all.