Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Steve Rogers would be the most fun/drastic I suppose. Would be interesting to see.
    Why do i feel like Steve Rogers will shoot himself dead before he is written as being gay? lol!
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-23-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Why do i feel like Steve Rogers will shoot himself dead before he is written as being gay? lol!
    As long as R.A. Jones isn't writing him, Rogers tends to be one of the most chill guys in the MU about big things. It's little things like dating a girl with a purple fauxhawk that bother him. And whether you bomb the enemy in wartime. Which, isn't such a little thing.

He's been generally chill about sexualities, though. Guy grew up a skinny working classs artist in the Bronx. He knows some things.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    The Rage of Ultron orgy (?) scene could have worked this.
    Well, there really wasn't an orgy scene, but yeah, it would have been nice to see a couple of hot boys partying with Eros, too.

All-New Member

Lots of talk about how all the Gods should be bi, but from a mythological perspective, that should really depend on the pantheon in question. The Greeks? Absolutely. It's completely canonical to mythology and it was pretty much explicitly stated in the Incredible Hercules series (in which Cho has to regularly correct all the mythological folk that he is not Hercules' beloved because they all just assume.) However in the Norse context, certain gods (cough cough Loki cough cough) are gender-fluid, but homosexuality and bisexuality is not really a notable theme in the overall mythology. We've only seen little bits and pieces of other pantheons around (oh my gosh, I want them to do more with Sun Wukong!) and again in such cases, I think sexuality should be somewhat consistent with the mythology.

Also, I'm confused that some people have named Loki here. Dude! It's already canon! He doesn't need to come out, the only thing he has a closet for is to store all his fabulous outfits!

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Agreed, and also Illyana should come out as gay. As far as I know, she's never had so much as a crush on a boy in canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Personally, I'd like Illyana to be asexual. Truly asexual.
    Her relationship with Belasco in the original Magik mini-series was portrayed as very sexually charged, and yes, it was in a creepy pedophilic way, but Illyana was also definitely responsive and made references to needing and wanting him. There's also a suggestion that Belasco may have been letting Sym and other demons sexually abuse her just for fun. And that whole thing could have easily soured her to the whole subject of sexuality, regardless of her natural predisposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Yeah, Deadpool's already LGBT.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Are you sure? I think he acts that way to entertain himself
    I think he has no problem seeing an attractive man and thinking 'that is a sexy man!' but would probably be uncomfortable with any follow-through. And while he makes flirtatious banter, he has complained about Daken's flirting making him uncomfortable (because Daken would follow-through).

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Yeah, that's one that will never canon itself in a million years. It's an amusing concept and there's enough space to make a fan-fic argument for it (the 60s was not the first sexual revolution, the 20s was much bigger and he would have grown up in a very sexually-charged and experimental time) that's one that will definitely never see print.

So for my contribution to the discussion- Namor seems to be pan-sexual, he's canonically been completely disregarding of species, and not just across all the vaguely human-shaped species but with completely not-human-shaped sentient species as well. The Defenders story arch right after Fear Itself hinted at Captain Nemo (yay for public domain?) being Namor's biological father, and also seemed to imply that the previous king (who was considered his father) was aware, okay with, and maybe involved with this. The impression I got from it all was that Atlantis has a sexual dynamic like classical Sparta.

For those who's knowledge of Sparta all comes from pop-culture, no, homosexuality was most definitely not okay in Sparta because children are considered state assets and if you aren't married and having babies, you are robbing and endangering the state. Bi-sexuality was the norm; adults were in monogamous marriages but it was acceptable and more or less expected for them to have extra-marital, same-sex lovers, and it was not scandalous or abnormal for a man's lover to impregnate his wife, the resultant child then being sort of theirs.
    Last edited by Sand3; 04-23-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand3 View Post
    Also, I'm confused that several people have named Loki here. Dude! It's already canon! He doesn't need to come out, the only thing he has a closet for is to store all his fabulous outfits!
    What people want to see is for Loki's bisexuality to actually be mentioned on-panel. And for his gender-fluidity to be used for something other than manipulating people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    *goes into Young!Jean marysue power mode*

T'Challa (with Namor) because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Nah, everybody knows that Namor has a blonde fetish, he'd be way more into Steve and Thor.
    Shoo shoo... just let it happen. *pets your face*
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Fantastic Member

The two characters I'm going to mention have near no LGBQT subtext to them, but I would be curious to the stories that could be told.

1. Josh Foley a.k.a. Elixir- Pansexual

I kind of headcanon this already. I just think on his biokenetic powers and essentially his ability to read bodies. Feel like gender would become irrelevent to an attraction on such an intimate level.

2. Prince Ahura Boltagon- Gay

This one is a bit different. I am curious to see how LGBQT issues would be handled in a society like the Inhumans, even more so if the sole heir to the throne. Perhaps Ahura had some feelings for Alex Power during their time in the Future Foundation that he didn't know what to do with. Could be interesting.

Plus, seeing the Complex howl over the "fetch" mooching in on the X-Allegory would be just another layer of caramel for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Storm needs to admit Calisto and Yukio are her exes just as T'Challa and Forge are. Goddesses are often Bi and black LGBT exist too.

Source: waitingforthet

Between Yukio and Callisto, it seems Storm doing a good job attract bad girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Shoo shoo... just let it happen. *pets your face*
    I can't man. The writing's on the wall. Emma, Susan, his cousin Namora, ol fish face loves the fair haired, and if they can smack him around a little the better.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    What people want to see is for Loki's bisexuality to actually be mentioned on-panel. And for his gender-fluidity to be used for something other than manipulating people.
    The one person he's really hit on at more than a flirtatious-banter level is Prodigy, and for most of the Original Sin thing, the angels all knew he was a boy when he came in, he wasn't actually fooling anybody, he was apparently just being a girl as a political or fashion decision (oh to have access to such fashion decisions.) But also, one might take into account that Loki is kind of technically two years old at this point. He has most of the original Loki's memories, but in Point-One he made reference to not having the emotions that go with those memories, so then his downloaded-memories may not (directly) contribute to his emotional growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I can't man. The writing's on the wall. Emma, Susan, his cousin Namora, ol fish face loves the fair haired, and if they can smack him around a little the better.
    The writing's not just on the wall, he actually did say that in the Cabal comics, he mentioned that blond hair doesn't occur in Atlantian bloodlines (is Namora half-human, or is that a plot-hole?).
    Last edited by Sand3; 04-23-2015 at 08:58 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think the idea that Namor is not heterosexual begins and ends with the fact that he wore a speedo. Before Marvel got ashamed of that or something and put him in scaly black jumpsuits.

Also: Dorma, Carrie, and Marrina. Namor being super into blondes is a trait flanderized by bad writers.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I don't think Deadpool is bi. We've never seen him fantasizing about men like he does women.

It's my theory, he just does this sort of thing because he wants to make us laugh. That's like the Deadpool logic for anything.

I don't think Deadpool is bi. We've never seen him fantasizing about men like he does women.

It's my theory, he just does this sort of thing because he wants to make us laugh. That's like the Deadpool logic for anything.
    There was that time he fantasized about getting a massage from Cable.

Being bisexual doesn't mean you fancy men and women equally; Deadpool is probably a 2-3 on the Kinsey scale. Personally I list him as LGBT because he is definitely a transvestite.

Captain America
    Carol Danvers + Spider-Woman
    Invisible Woman
    Iron Fist + Luke Cage
    Iron Man
    Jean Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Namor
    Scarlet Witch
    Spider-Man + Johnny Storm
    Wolverine
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 04-24-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    BB