Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Was Wasp's Death Teased?

From the latest AiC:

The venerable Spidey616 asks, "Since the end of 'AXIS,' Wasp has been MIA -- that is until her appearance in 'Rage of Ultron.' Don't know if you can say much about how/when we'll see Wasp return, but perhaps you can discuss her future role in the Marvel U?"

Alonso: We're about to go into "Secret Wars," Spidey616, so again, there isn't much we can say about the future of anybody, except that it's all going to be very short and end in tears and horror.

I hope I'm just finding ridiculous reasons to worry but do you think this means what I think it means? I mean it would explain the lack of Wasp lately. Hope van Dyne being the Wasp of MCU doesn't help the case either..

What do you think? I mean I know I'm probably being selfish by just caring about 1 character but you have no idea how much she means to me. I just need to see her survive SW. Any thought would be appreciated.

BANNED

We don't know whether Hope Van Dyne will be the Wasp of the MCU yet. Also I don't think there going to kill her. She died during Secret Invasion and was brought back right after Avengers vs. X-MEN so it hasn't been that long sense her resurrection. I think she's safe.

I get your concern, but I wouldn't worry about her dying. She appears in the Rage of Ultron graphic novel, which apparently takes place after Secret Wars. I agree that her disappearance into the Microverse has been weird and dumb, but I am almost one hundred percent sure they are not going to kill her again.

Astonishing Member

That wasn't a tease about Wasp dying--it was a tease about the entire Marvel Universe dying. I wouldn't read anything into that statement about Janet--it was Alonso specifically avoiding answering the question about Jan, since they don't want to give away the post-SW status of ANY character yet.

I agree with everyone who has posted up here. I do believe Janet will be alright post-SW, since RoU is reported taking place after the events of SW.

I do understand VERY well your concerns about your favorite character though. But I wouldn't worry if I were you. The winsome Wasp is safe, IMO.

Lucky you... The same can't be said about all... (see my avatar...)

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I have similar concerns, Captain M. Given that Jan's been fridged in the MCU, I'm worried about her survival chances in the comics.

Thank you everyone for your kinds opinions/predictions. They all mean a lot to me. My obsession for Wasp/Wasp related comics have helped me a lot during my depression so I hope you guys are right and we get to read her post SW.

Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I agree with everyone who has posted up here. I do believe Janet will be alright post-SW, since RoU is reported taking place after the events of SW.

I do understand VERY well your concerns about your favorite character though. But I wouldn't worry if I were you. The winsome Wasp is safe, IMO.

Lucky you... The same can't be said about all... (see my avatar...)
    Is Rage of Ultron taking place after Secret Wars?

Doesn't that mean Ant-Man annual also happens after Secret Wars, but published before the much guarded secret of its conclusion and ... the Last Days of Ant-Man?

I'm now inclining to believe that Rage of Ultron happened after the Living Tribunal Dead Tissue Harvest and Earth-Galactic-Council War and before the Secret Wars, however absurd that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Is Rage of Ultron taking place after Secret Wars?

Doesn't that mean Ant-Man annual also happens after Secret Wars, but published before the much guarded secret of its conclusion and ... the Last Days of Ant-Man?

I'm now inclining to believe that Rage of Ultron happened after the Living Tribunal Dead Tissue Harvest and Earth-Galactic-Council War and before the Secret Wars, however absurd that sounds.
    It would contradict pretty much everything that has been said about RoU by Remender himself. Then again, Remender contradicted himself when he first said that "the ending will have lasting repercussions for a lot of characters for years to come" and then in a subsequent interview said that "it might be the last thing he's written about that story, ever" so really I don't know who to believe anymore. You make valid points about the continuity of things though... technically it should go: AM annual, AM last days, SW, and then RoU. But that doesn't make any sense from a story's point of view. Unless, like you say, the Annual spoils the outcome of SW for Lang.

But back on the subject of the thread, that in no way changes the fact that I believe Janet is going to be present post SW.

BANNED

She died again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    She died again?
    No it's being theorized that she'll die in Secret War.

BANNED

I thought she was already dead.

She was 'dead' from the end of Secret Invasion until Bendis' last Avengers arc after Avengers vs. X-Men. She's been alive since then, although at the end of Axis, evil inverted Havok kidnapped her and she's been missing since then.

Amazing Member

Ok, so I actually have a theory about her post Secret Wars.

Janet is the new Avengers team Iron Man.

See, I had a theory after seeing a few pages of the FCBD issue, in it the new Iron Man mentions how they were one of the founders of the Avengers, but when mentioning who came up with the name, they quietly whisper how they can't really recall who it was. Something which in and of itself raises eyebrows, since Kamala mentions it was the Wasp a moment later, so if she knew, one of the people who were actually there certainly would, and then when Kamala says who, the new Iron Man ignores her and continues what they were saying. Almost as if they don't even want to think about Wasp.

And now, you may think it's cause Wasp died in Secret Wars based on what they said in the interview, and it hurts to much to remember her, but to me it doesn't come off that way, it comes off like this Iron Man hates the memory of the Wasp. So, either Wasp does something horrible and has to be killed, and the founding members hate her memory for it. Or, she does something horrible, that makes her hate herself so much she wants to escape herself.

But at the same time she still wants to do good, but not as the Wasp. And what superhero identity would no one ever suspect to be Janet? Iron Man. I mean she has powers, why would she need a suit of armor except to hide her identity.

Plus, the new Iron Man's demeanor, the way they speak, and that sigh, it all comes off so much like Janet to me.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
    Ok, so I actually have a theory about her post Secret Wars.

Janet is the new Avengers team Iron Man.

See, I had a theory after seeing a few pages of the FCBD issue, in it the new Iron Man mentions how they were one of the founders of the Avengers, but when mentioning who came up with the name, they quietly whisper how they can't really recall who it was. Something which in and of itself raises eyebrows, since Kamala mentions it was the Wasp a moment later, so if she knew, one of the people who were actually there certainly would, and then when Kamala says who, the new Iron Man ignores her and continues what they were saying. Almost as if they don't even want to think about Wasp.

And now, you may think it's cause Wasp died in Secret Wars based on what they said in the interview, and it hurts to much to remember her, but to me it doesn't come off that way, it comes off like this Iron Man hates the memory of the Wasp. So, either Wasp does something horrible and has to be killed, and the founding members hate her memory for it. Or, she does something horrible, that makes her hate herself so much she wants to escape herself.

But at the same time she still wants to do good, but not as the Wasp. And what superhero identity would no one ever suspect to be Janet? Iron Man. I mean she has powers, why would she need a suit of armor except to hide her identity.

Plus, the new Iron Man's demeanor, the way they speak, and that sigh, it all comes off so much like Janet to me.
    Yeah, it makes the most sense to me. Marvel is hinting that whoever is in Iron Man's armor isn't Tony Stark, but the person in those panels still speaks like they're a founding Avenger. It doesn't make sense for it to be any member except Janet - I don't think any of them would dismiss her membership and contribution to the team so flippantly. Jan can get away with insulting herself. It would be an interesting position for her after Secret Wars, but something huge would have to happen to her to explain this.